Guitar Pro help please

mystickel

Question

4 answers to this question

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I need more informations. What kind of tabs do you have, is it GP-file or do you want to put other tabs into GP? Then you have to write them down in GP. Which version of Guitar Pro is used? Musical knowledge is also required.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

If you're not very familiar with authoring Guitar Pro files, you may find it easier to just author the chart directly into EOF. Check out EOF's tutorials in the help menu for a good starting point. If you're new to using EOF, I recommend trying more than one input mode (you can change this in File>Preferences). The default one is a bit clunky in my opinion and I greatly prefer "Rex Mundi" mode, where you just move the mouse with one hand and press the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 keys with the other to quickly place notes. The pro guitar tutorial describes authoring customs for Rock Band, but it is applicable for Rocksmith as well. It will talk about setting fret numbers, techniques, etc.

I need more informations. What kind of tabs do you have, is it GP-file or do you want to put other tabs into GP? Then you have to write them down in GP. Which version of Guitar Pro is used? Musical knowledge is also required.

The Tabs I have are in a .txt file that I need put into a GP file.  I have GP6 and my musical knowledge is VERY limited, I'm self taught from youtube and Rocksmith for about a year now on the bass.  My Grandpa gave me the guitar so I want to play a song for him that he likes, but no one makes files for Merle Haggard lol

If you're not very familiar with authoring Guitar Pro files, you may find it easier to just author the chart directly into EOF. Check out EOF's tutorials in the help menu for a good starting point. If you're new to using EOF, I recommend trying more than one input mode (you can change this in File>Preferences). The default one is a bit clunky in my opinion and I greatly prefer "Rex Mundi" mode, where you just move the mouse with one hand and press the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 keys with the other to quickly place notes. The pro guitar tutorial describes authoring customs for Rock Band, but it is applicable for Rocksmith as well. It will talk about setting fret numbers, techniques, etc.

Thanks I will try this out