Alternative to Wwise?

trev1515

Question

3 answers to this question

Wwise can be a confusing install.  I, personally, go for the least heavy option (no SDKs or anything).

Before trying again go to Control Panel - Uninstall Software - Uninstall everything with Wwise in the name.

Now go to your downloads folder and delete everything with Wwise in the name.

Now try again...

Go to Wwise website and download the installer.  This is a small file (about 10MB if I remember correctly) that will begin the install then download the rest.  How much it downloads depends on what tick boxes you have enabled.  If you have then all enabled it will be a few GBs and can take a few hours (depending on how fast your net is) and download tonnes of stuff you don't need.  Untick everything before hitting continue/install.

The last time I installed it downloaded about 100MB.

Once it installs it will ask you if you want to save the installer - choose YES!!!  then you won't have to go through this again if you reinstall Windows or want it on another machine.

And this very well may be your problem...  you are running the installer instead of the program?  The icons do look very similar.

The Wwise icon(s) should be on your desktop and in your start menu.  For simplicity I would run the 32-bit version.  It will have "32-bit" written in the name.

Now...  there are some excellent tutorials on here on how to actually use Wwise.

Good luck :D

doe's anyone happen to have a link to the correct version of Wwise? i remember trying to make songs and ran into the issue of it having to be a very specific version which i couldn't ever locate.. still got the files i made for ''love you to death'' by Type 0 Negative, could get it to appear and play in game but had no audio when playing because of Wwise issue... would love to finally add this song to game and will share it if helped as well as take requests for other songs :)