No wav files...

haarek

So, i'm trying to help a friend out with a issue he's got with EoF.. saving the song and creating the preview doesn't make any Wav files.. I've also tried it my self on my computer and no wav files being created..

anyone know what the issue might be?

(i've never had this problem making a custom myself)

So i am a bit clueless to what the issue might be...

CHEERS!!!!!!

Make sure your friend has the preference to save separate Rocksmith files enabled, otherwise no WAV files will be created. If the preview is being created in OGG format without issue, that seems to me to be the most likely cause.

Thank you :) we did eventually resolve the issue, and it seemed that the mp3 file he was using was bugged, atleast he said so. Changing that made him be able to save wav files, but thanks tho! :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry for Necroing this thread, but I think it's kind of useful information.

I had the same problem with the current version of EoF (as of the 30th April 2015). No .wav files were being created with the file I wanted to use., Save Separate Rocksmith 2 file, WAS enabled. The problem was that the .mp3 tag has a question mark (?) in the title of the track. I edited the track name and it worked fine.

In relation to this thread, that possible the mp3 file that was use didn't work because they had a character in the Track Name, or Artist name, or any other Media tags that EoF uses, that wasn't supported. Possibly the replacement version used (the mentioned non-bugged version used by the friend) had slightly different media tags without that character.

Once again, sorry for bumping this thread. I found this post when trying to search for a solution/a reason why .wav files weren't being created. Possibly it's of use to others.

I can't reproduce that, when I put a question mark in the song title, EOF fails to write a WAV file with a question mark in the name and automatically retries saving it as guitar.wav. Could you verify the specific revision number you're using? Also, could you post a link to the EOF project and MP3 and/or OGG file in question so I could test with them?