Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 67

Mortalo

Updates:

Int

2015-02-02_103917.jpg

First to 100, I think?  Not that it counts since I'm not in the class.

MC

2015-02-02_102731.jpg

Nice solid improvement from 1st to 2nd try, so I think I've got a reasonable ceiling here.  But today I really noticed some sync issues -- if this comes down to Master Mode I forsee some problems arising from that.  Looks like it was synced with the "sync the notes" technique rather than making a beatmap, which will make it a bit of a pain in the ass to fix, too.

...Less successful on Beginner -- I keep missing a note or two in the part where you're actually doing something right after a quick up/down slide.  Should be able to get a handle on that though.

And I have yet to try Juular again.  I think I might go straight to opening it up with the editor and check feasibility of converting it to BEAD.

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Easy fix to convert the bass part of Juular to B Standard (for a 5 string) instead of Open B.  I did it as the Bonus Bass arrangement, so nothing destructive done to the original Open B variant as the default bass arrangement.  Here's a first try with that change:

2015-02-02_113317.jpg

I was worried about the frethand positioning being screwy, but honestly I think it works out great.  No funky stretches or anything, everything is played on B and E strings.

Anyone with a 5 string, or a 4 that handles BEAD better than Open B, is welcome to try it out (again, note that the B Standard version is in BONUS BASS):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2GRHIrNcVrSSS1zR1prVUpZR0E/view?usp=sharing

(Hope I'm not stepping on any toes @@Nacholede -- I can take it down if you prefer, PM or shout at me here)

Also, I will leave it to @@Mortalo 's discretion to decide if a version altered in this way should be allowed to count for championship entry score purposes.  Same number of notes and everything; the actual difference is pretty small -- all the notes in the original were on the lowest 2 strings (B and F#), so the chart is should be identical except for everything that was on the F# string is fretted 2 spaces higher to compensate for it being E instead of F#.  All that was done automatically in EOF, so it should be identical -- just transcribed.  It sounded like it did that correctly in my quick test, but my daughter is asleep next to me here so I had the volume low and it is possible I missed something.

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

....Started to play Good Charlotte and then I realised, I've turned in to my dad, and I switched it off. (I'm being horrible today! Apologies to @@MonstaS4, I'm just not down with the kids today.).....

Thats cool. Can't please everyone all the time.

Surely my RHCP selection last week makes up for my poor judgement this week?

• Like 1

....Started to play Good Charlotte and then I realised, I've turned in to my dad, and I switched it off. (I'm being horrible today! Apologies to @@MonstaS4, I'm just not down with the kids today.).....

Thats cool. Can't please everyone all the time.

Surely my RHCP selection last week makes up for my poor judgement this week?

RHCP was a good choice :) but I was rrrrubbish at playing it hehe :D

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Kept having more problems with this than I should have:

2015-02-02_143816.jpg

But even though I'm not really a Good Charlotte kind of guy, I must admit I like the song.

Now with those 2 100's out of the way, time to concentrate on Space Truckin'.  I realized that my version of Juular with B Standard in the bonus bass is less than ideal because I don't think you can play a bonus arrangement in Score Attack?

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

I'm getting worse at Space Truckin', so I'll try again later.  In the meantime, might as well foray into Beginner Lead again since I'm enjoying the song:

2015-02-02_150800.jpg

My kind of lead song -- power chords throughout, and a solo that isn't too nuts.  The beginning with hammering up from 7 to 9 to 11 on the high e is fun, handled that pretty OK.  The rest will take some RR, although I might be screwed on the end of it because my fretboard doesn't go up to 24.  I guess an Explorer tends to be more of a "rhythm" guitar shape, so mine only goes up to 22.  Plus I couldn't bend from there even if it did go up to 24...

• Like 6

Milkman Dan

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Ended up with satisfyin 92.5% int lead yd and on my way to pressing F10 for screenshot sudden reboot - this was in a non important situation, BUT :lol: the feeling of wanting to grab the ESP on the neck and take a full swing agaist pc and beamer was instantly there :lol: :lol: :lol:  - @Nev @Milky i really hope this never happens to me sat afternoon fighting for the places :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I remember my friend telling me, that Dragonforce has really impressive guitar but you just can't listen to them. I like some of their stuff, this one not really

Felt like @Nacholede

MasterClass Lead - 76%, 151 streak

Intermediate Lead - 95.24%, 277 streak

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

... now to smthg completely different

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

leader changes:

@KJParsley          BEG BASS

@punchyrumble   INT BASS

@genobadass      ADV BASS

great streak still by @@Gamut with 70/100 in lead adv

no players falling off the boards for not scoring in the last 10 weeks

!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ite7p.jpg

already online

Nice week everyone!

• Like 6

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

I: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385558402

MC: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385560153

Deep Purple's not legit as no accuracy in my screenie. Hadn't noticed the window hadn't gone when I took it and exited the screen. But the score itse'f is reflective of how amazing my performance was... It sounded gorrrrrrrrgeous! Accuracy was about 85% though, a horrible first try. I'll be playing it again it's a fun bass line.

I do like Dragonforce, but my headphones were doubling as pillows throughout that snoozefest of a bass line. Won't be playing it again... listen yes, bedewmdewming it? Nope!

Started to play Good Charlotte and then I realised, I've turned in to my dad, and I switched it off. (I'm being horrible today! Apologies to @@MonstaS4, I'm just not down with the kids today.)

And finally Devin Townsend, great song, love the video, hate the tuning. So. NO! *stamps feet* ;)

I think a lot of people here hates me because i choose songs with low tunings hahaha

And one or the other loves your choices and has no prob with tuning all the way down ;)

• Like 2

Now with those 2 100's out of the way, time to concentrate on Space Truckin'.  I realized that my version of Juular with B Standard in the bonus bass is less than ideal because I don't think you can play a bonus arrangement in Score Attack?

You're correct, bonus arrangements are not available in Score Attack (although I really never understood why that happens, but the game creators must have had their reasons), so unless the arrangement is a "normal" arrangement, there's no SA available.

I've noticed some sync issues on Space Truckin', there's at least 2 sections that the notes are very noticeable out of sync, the 2 runs I made at bass arrangement of the song, instead of listening to the sound of the music and play to the beat, I had to focus on the notes on the screen not to miss them, because on the 1st run when I played the notes on the beat of the music, they shown as "MISS".

• Like 1

Just as an aside, if you like this one make sure to get Smoke on the Water from the official Deep Purple DLC.  Bass part is really really fun, and more challenging than it seems like it should be ... especially since the main guitar riff is probably one of the most common first things an aspiring lead guitar player learns.

I would say get Highway Star :P. If there is a Deep Purple song that I like it's Highway Star. Great solo (the real one, on guitar).

Burn>Highway Star

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Another little increase.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/SpaceTruckin9556_zps57cabfa1.jpg

Now if we only had a bit better sections so it was possible to practice just to solo.  Might have to look into that later today.

• Like 7

Easy fix to convert the bass part of Juular to B Standard (for a 5 string) instead of Open B.  I did it as the Bonus Bass arrangement, so nothing destructive done to the original Open B variant as the default bass arrangement.  Here's a first try with that change:

2015-02-02_113317.jpg

I was worried about the frethand positioning being screwy, but honestly I think it works out great.  No funky stretches or anything, everything is played on B and E strings.

Anyone with a 5 string, or a 4 that handles BEAD better than Open B, is welcome to try it out (again, note that the B Standard version is in BONUS BASS):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2GRHIrNcVrSSS1zR1prVUpZR0E/view?usp=sharing

(Hope I'm not stepping on any toes @@Nacholede -- I can take it down if you prefer, PM or shout at me here)

Also, I will leave it to @@Mortalo 's discretion to decide if a version altered in this way should be allowed to count for championship entry score purposes.  Same number of notes and everything; the actual difference is pretty small -- all the notes in the original were on the lowest 2 strings (B and F#), so the chart is should be identical except for everything that was on the F# string is fretted 2 spaces higher to compensate for it being E instead of F#.  All that was done automatically in EOF, so it should be identical -- just transcribed.  It sounded like it did that correctly in my quick test, but my daughter is asleep next to me here so I had the volume low and it is possible I missed something.

I think it would be better to have your bass version on the championship! you can send me the xml files and i will put the arrangement on my custom and make it available for everyone 

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

@@MilkmanDan I agree, a  song by Deep Purple have not beatmap, and is bad sync notes at least at bass path, yet seems is streak wrong notes 3-th string, 7th fret, before streak at 1 string 9th fret, Yet  seem have missed notes (not sure). And i think it impossible to fix, need total rebuilding cdlc.

My score there:

http://i.imgur.com/CgHrKy4.jpg

P.s. Enough easyl line, many participiants can to got 100% with good syn notes. My rate 7.

• Like 4

@@Nacholede

Here's the bass arrangement xml for BEAD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2GRHIrNcVrSNDAxZDdQam9LalE/view?usp=sharing

Have to set the tuning option for the arrangement to A220 in the toolkit.  I've been using the auto bass tuning fix since it became available, but when I tried that on this one it didn't work right, probably because your standard procedure goes the manual way?  Manually setting to A220 should work fine though.

I really liked the idea of having it as a bonus arrangement, I just wasn't aware that bonus arrangements weren't available in Score Attack.  So, maybe having both tunings available as separate dlc files would be better -- up to you.

Milkman Dan

• Like 9
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

The timing on Space Truckin' is annoying me enough that I'm actually having more fun with pushing up my accuracy on beginner lead:

2015-02-03_145145.jpg

Riff Repeater on the solo helped.  I had a run in LAS where I hit every note in the solo up to the point that it goes off of my fretboard at full speed...  Didn't manage that in Score Attack, but it is pretty fun anyway!

• Like 6

Milkman Dan

Been helpin a friend yd the whole day movin from one flat to the other ... old one had no elevator, the one from the new flat wasnt actve, yet (!)...

Everything hurts, esp my hands....

This is my life right now, getting the house ready to be moved. I feel you.

Just spent a bunch of days preparing for and entertaining guests, tomorrow is time to chill with the axe.

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Since i don't think i will develop the skill to play the space trukin solo anytime soon i started training for a little Master Mode.  First time ever i try to tackle a guitar part (i have done it once on bass).

Took a few tries but I'm happy with the results for now.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/SpaceTruckin8874MasterMode_zps08253f66.jpg

It was really fun to actually listen to what i played and not only staring at the notes on the screen.

• Like 10