THE TESTERS LIST

CrazyEddie

I like the idea, so far I have over 200 downloads on 2 songs and only a few replies giving any feedback.

possibly have a testers tick box for Tone, sync and notes etc to simplify identifying a problem.......ie rate 1 to 5 in each box and then generate an average of the testers scores

I like the idea, so far I have over 200 downloads on 2 songs and only a few replies giving any feedback.

possibly have a testers tick box for Tone, sync and notes etc to simplify identifying a problem.......ie rate 1 to 5 in each box and then generate an average of the testers scores

Sounds pretty much like voting IMHO, so easy for trolls to vote 1 like it happened in SA.

not if only the testers can amend the datasheet, obviously some initial policing would need to take place but it shouldnt be too hard to whittle down a dozen or so reliable testers.

I would volunteer my services but would only have a limited time to do testing ATM. 1 day a week at weekends probably.

not if only the testers can amend the datasheet, obviously some initial policing would need to take place but it shouldnt be too hard to whittle down a dozen or so reliable testers.

I would volunteer my services but would only have a limited time to do testing ATM. 1 day a week at weekends probably.

Thats the thing, so far anyone can become a tester, everyone hears the guitar tone differently, everyone plays differently with different music tastes, that plus other things will tend to make testing results quite a bit variable (if unreliable) but with enough testing in a single CDLC you can get a general idea specially by reading the tester´s comments on the CDLC DB entry page...

TLDR: i suggest a qualitative approach instead of a quantitative one, easier to weedout trolls or inexperienced testers without denying the chance of becoming better at it.

Also: so far i think im the only one that can change that datasheet, if anyone wants to add something to it you can do it via PM 8-), thats how Olorin is doing it.

The spreadsheet idea is very good, in time we could have a very nice database showing which customs are good. I love playing and downloading customs, so for me I only have to continue doing the things I do, just report them here. Everytime I find a song that stays in my collection I'll just let you guys know. When a custom does not cut it Ill just give the contributor some feedback and hope for the best.

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

The spreadsheet idea is very good, in time we could have a very nice database showing which customs are good. I love playing and downloading customs, so for me I only have to continue doing the things I do, just report them here. Everytime I find a song that stays in my collection I'll just let you guys know. When a custom does not cut it Ill just give the contributor some feedback and hope for the best.

Awesome, please do, just remember to do it via PM so that i notice and add your input in the googledoc :).

Could you post a link, as I am not home yet please and thank you.Sent from my SCH-S720C

Its been in the first post of this topic for a couple of days now.

Heads up testers !! some tracks here needing some opinion, ....  30 seconds to mars.......The Kill.

Ignore the tones just now please, more interested in the notes and sync ATM, been a bitch of a song to sync from the tab.

feedback in the wip post please thanks in advance.

Sorry guys I havent been able to test due to a good old broken string problem. Ive got plenty of cdlc waiting to be tested so Ill post a lot of stuff on this weekend. 

Heads up testers !! some tracks here needing some opinion, ....  30 seconds to mars.......The Kill.

Ignore the tones just now please, more interested in the notes and sync ATM, been a bitch of a song to sync from the tab.

Awesome. I love those songs, back when 30 seconds to mars sounded cool. Gonna try them out as soon as I can. 

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

Ill get on em this weekend, thanks for pointing them out.

Hi thanks, just put up a revised version, not sure what I did wrong but the 1st version was completely unsynced when I got a chance to try it, better version available now.

many thanks.

• Administrator

Hi! Since i've started to do some video review on my own, i think it would be great if i help you testing custom.

But i did not really understand how you works and if you have any guide line in testing.

In my opinion, playing the song help see some issue but most of the problem are more easy to see with a video playthrough, so why not just record one time each part and let all the tester look at the video to get their own opinion. it could be much more quicker than wait for everybody to play the custom.

But i'm just saying :)

All this just to say that you can count on me for testing some CDLC!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Well we dont have a straight guide line, because we are only a small group.

Just test a song give feedback if everything is fine or even not and say whats wrong. So the creater of the CDLC can fix it.

Nothing more, just helping the community.

But the idea of just making a Video about the playing part and let the other person also choice if it's everything right or not.

Because everyone see it diffrent by only see it, also a person get a complete diffrent feeling of the song if he play it. Personally i saw some playthrough CDLC on youtube, sometimes i though there is something wrong. So i test it and there was everything right. It's all about the feeling while u play the song, thats my oppinion.

• Administrator

It was just an idea, for my video review, i play first to record without really paying attention to detail, just to see if the all song seems right, then i edit the video and take a look at a lot of frame to look at every detail and sometimes i see things i would have missed will playing, so both seems important in the end.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi! Since i've started to do some video review on my own, i think it would be great if i help you testing custom.

But i did not really understand how you works and if you have any guide line in testing.

In my opinion, playing the song help see some issue but most of the problem are more easy to see with a video playthrough, so why not just record one time each part and let all the tester look at the video to get their own opinion. it could be much more quicker than wait for everybody to play the custom.

But i'm just saying :)

All this just to say that you can count on me for testing some CDLC!

Would very much appreciate your support in testing but as your video recording idea, i cant agree with, just imagine someone doing a WIP recording again and again with every little change they make, it would be so tiring, as for guidelines i suggest just keep it simple and relaxed, if you want to test check out our google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqgJhtukD_LedE85eVg4V3E2TjlZZ0t0RFJnNlZSU1E&usp=sharing%C2%A0

See how we review each CDLC, we focus on commenting specific things on each arrangement, from tone, to volume, to precision over the "tablature" markings, etc, if  you test something PM me your results so i can add the to the google docs, see ya :).

• Administrator

It is the way i work on my on custom since it's easier to compare the notes on EOF with the video of Rocksmith face to face than to remember what was wrong and when and how but it's probably not a good idea only for the tester but it sure ease the discussion beetwen the tester and the creator since you can clearly show what's wrong. But has i said, it just an idea because i work like that, it might not be applicable or usefull here!

I will look into this list anyway and sent my feedback to you.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

It is the way i work on my on custom since it's easier to compare the notes on EOF with the video of Rocksmith face to face than to remember what was wrong and when and how but it's probably not a good idea only for the tester but it sure ease the discussion beetwen the tester and the creator since you can clearly show what's wrong. But has i said, it just an idea because i work like that, it might not be applicable or usefull here!

I will look into this list anyway and sent my feedback to you.

Well let me say it that way, maybe last time it wasn't complete sure what i want to say, if u want to work like that, no problem from my side. You give good points, why someone can use the video as a visual point of whats wrong and if u like to work like that, way not.But i personally wouldn't never work like that.  But like i said, if u want to work like that no problem.

• Like 1