THE TESTERS LIST

CrazyEddie

It would be a good idea to have a button to report and identify a bad release

on the release page of a song..

Some people care more for guitar than bass, some don't care about tones.

It's not acceptable that releases keep missing a default tone, which makes it necessary to restart RS

People who release a song almost take priority on this song,

and it would be no good to see several releases of the same song.

This means, a release must be corrected for clearly identified errors,

and if the author does not have the time or is not willing or caring, he should allow others to do it.

The Idea of a Button to Report, well it is in my oppinion complete nonsense. If we all work together and also give feedback then it is complete unnecessary. Thats allready a a indicator. But the default Tone thing is also not the biggest problem if the Charter use the latest RS Toolkit it's create automaticlly a default tone to every arrangment. 

But all in all it's a discussion about small things but this isn't the right place for it.

If if if,

the world would be a paradise.

But it's not...

I'm presently working on some releases from people, who seem rather motivated by the quantity than the quality.

I really don't care, in most cases I import their work in the Toolkit and make the changes for my own needs.

But I won't release a corrected version, or else we would end with several releases, as it is already the case on the tab sites.

You have to motivate the charters to improve their work, by qualifying their work.

That's how the world gets better.

not by

if if ifs

It would make this "test group" irrelevant, because, in a way, we are all testers

It would make this "test group" irrelevant, because, in a way, we are all testers

You say it, we all are testers. We never said we are the only Testers, but we try to create a fundament for for better CDLC.Thats the reason why we create a complete transparent table where everyone can see what we allready did. Also we are a open Group so everyone who want to support our Project can join it and help to fullfill our vision.

Of course the Quality is importan, but the what is a high quality CDLC? Because like you allready said before. For one person the Guitar part is importan for the other Person it is the Bass part and the third person say Both is importan. But person 4 say it needs everything, DD, Guitar,Bass,Vocal and Custom Tone that fits.

So Like you allready see yet, we have 4 diffrent points of view what is a high quality CDLC. But what variation is the right one? That question can only answer by the consumer himself.

That is the reason why we write feedbacks . We only share our personal point of view about their projects. Like tone is good all is snyc and so on. But if there is a problme , let me say for example something is out of sync or the tone doesn't fit so well. We will write a feedback like it should be for everyone, what doesn't work and here are the famous "if if if" what you talk about. We can write as much as we want, if the Charter doesn't care about it we cant do anything about it. We can only say what is not right. 

There's only one answer to quality :

Everything put in must be acceptable,

a distortion tone can't stand for an acoustic tone,

you can't care less for bass, and throw in a bass tab.

At least accept members recommendations, but they should be constructive and precise.

"Tones not good", "Sync problems" are no good answers.

How, why, where, which section etc.

What does the 5 stars mean on the release page ? 

You like the song or the work ?

It would be better to give each part 

Bass, Lead, Rythm, Tones, Vocals a 5 star option

That would keep me motivated to rework my releases.

Finally, should'nt you put your conclusions also on the release page?

That's where all the infos come together.

There's only one answer to quality :

Everything put in must be acceptable,

a distortion tone can't stand for an acoustic tone,

you can't care less for bass, and throw in a bass tab.

At least accept members recommendations, but they should be constructive and precise.

"Tones not good", "Sync problems" are no good answers.

How, why, where, which section etc.

Of Course a distortion Tone can't put into a clean Part or acoustic Part, but it can be use as a Placeholder as long those part is not fix for a newer Version. But like i already said it depends on the Charter, we can only say "please change it" nothing more.

But yes, the feedback that is given should be constructive, only saying "not good ", "it's out of Sync" and so on are not Cunstructive. You should say where exactly if it is possible. But it is sometimes not possible. Because some section can be clearly out of sync but another in a another section u probably not 100% sure about it.  Also something like out of sync depends on the personal point of view of the person that gives those feedback. What i mean is that, i already see it here and  and at Smithy. Someone say it is out of sync but for me it was all in sync. That  can happen, so it is important that more than 1 person give feedback about something like that and not only 1 person. It's the same with the Tone 60% of the use think it fit's good enough 30 % say it could be probably could need some small changes and 10 % say no it doesn't work in any direction. So what is it? Is the tone good? Has the tone a good quality because most of the user say it works? See it all depends on the charter it's all about the "If if if"

What does the 5 stars mean on the release page ? 

You like the song or the work ?

It would be better to give each part 

Bass, Lead, Rythm, Tones, Vocals a 5 star option

That would keep me motivated to rework my releases.

Finally, should'nt you put your conclusions also on the release page?

That's where all the infos come together.

Because we already in this topic , last sentences from me. So what does a 5 Star means? For me personally? Nothing!  You maybe ask yourself why? Well let me explain it. Like i said before. Those ratings depends on how many user give those kind of feedback. So it works on percentage clicks. 90% can say it is 5 stars, 5% can say it is only 3 or 4 stars and the rest say it is bullshit at this way. But it say nothing if they don't give a constructive feedback what is wrong. So as long we can use this easy, cheap, and lazy way to give feedback it is useless. Because thing about it, why should the charter change something if most of the people like it like it is? If he change it , what already was good for most of the people, he run into something that he can't now if it is work. If he change it it can happen that some of the 90% say "Now it is bullshit" . So the new results could look like that 85% to 4 % to Bullshit.

That would be also happen if we use a 5 star rating system for all parts like you want it.

But if you ask me i would use a different rating system.

• Everyone who download a song can only give feedback after 2 or 3 days for this song. So all those Thx post are stopped because it say nothing about the quality, also the request post in the Topic stops.
  • I would also use a 5-Star-Ratingsystem, but if some use it he have to give feedback why he choose that many stars. More transparent and better foundation for the charter. He can see what is wrong/failed/good or only use as a Thx, like it happens most of the time.
  • Those information from 2 getting into the 5 rating system only as stars also, as a post with all  of those information. So it is everything transparent for everyone.
  • After 1 week those downloader get a pop up message to rate the CDLC if he doesn't did it. Better it would be he has to do it. But yeah that's a personal thing.

Why i thing it is a better system? Well it is easy. At Smithy i already make some CDLC and i upload it to a sharing site where i could see how many downloads i get. It was just for fun. But when i see then it has 100 Downloads and no feedback, i had to think about it why? Is the CDLC so good that it doesn't need any changes or does they only download it and they give a shit and leeching it? So as long their are no feedbacks i cant know if the CDLC is work correctly.

Ok, closing the subject.

We agree to a different rating system.

Some days later is fine, with a list in our profile, what we didn't rate yet.

Because I admit to download some songs late into the night

and then forget and rediscover them a month later...

One of my releases got downloaded 333 times and not a single feedback.

That must be a perfect one! Except I know the last note is wrong...

So far, I'm just proposing. I don't "want"

And not everybody can rate Buckethead

• 1 month later...

I'm also curious if you guys are still testing? If so, could someone test any of the songs within my discography project for "The Faceless". It would be greatly appreciated! Also be warned that it is insanely heavy and fast, so preferably someone who isn't bias against metal. I just want to know if they are charted as good as I think they are. Thanks :D

• 2 months later...

Colleagues,

I hope this thread is still alive and this is the right place for this.  I wanted to give back in small part for all the great work people have done on the CDLC. As a novice guitar player, I decided to submit my “I Have No Business Playing This” Challenge Song: Slash & Marta Sanchez – Obsession Confession. It challenged me as a player and have had a lot of fun playing it. I hope people enjoy it as well.  All versions can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6vjqn63yyurclfo/AAAIEKWHSUpRVqE-dTcYTwTWa?dl=0 

Few Comments

This my first CDLC. I grabbed the tab of the net and found that the tab was 3:30 min long and the song was 5:40 minutes long. Further, the tab was outright wrong in some places. So, I tabbed it myself.  Another first. While I learned a lot and I think I got it, I would like to have a second (third, fourth, ..) set of eyes and fingers take a look at it before I officially submit it to the forum.

I used On Top Of The World Clean Tone… Seemed close enough, but if you all have better suggestions….

I tried to tab every technique Slash does (bends, slides in and out of notes, vibrato, etc). This makes it a lot harder song to play. Was that too much or should I have tried to simplify the tabs?

I didn’t put fingering in as, as a novice player, not sure if my fingering is the most efficient.

Finally, two notes are not coming out right and any suggestion would be great

1)      First note is tremolo with a sustain…. I have tried linked and unlinked notes and it only shows up as tremolo   Its kind of weird as in other areas linked notes worked.

2)      At time slice 3:35ish & 4:48ish, there is a full step pre-bend on B string 8 fret… for some reason it is not registering as such in Rocksmith. Clearly I am doing something wrong here.

Anyway… thoughts and comments are welcome.

Teece

I tried to tab every technique Slash does (bends, slides in and out of notes, vibrato, etc). This makes it a lot harder song to play. Was that too much or should I have tried to simplify the tabs?

You did a fantastic job tabbing out all of the techniques, I'm impressed how well you used "Tech Notes" and "Link Next Statuses". It all seems to be correct.

I used On Top Of The World Clean Tone… Seemed close enough, but if you all have better suggestions….

The CDLC is getting the bug where the tone gets set to clean (Luckily the tone in the song is clean anyway) but after you exit the song it stays clean until you restart Rocksmith. To fix this I think you just need to repack it with the toolkit.

I didn’t put fingering in as, as a novice player, not sure if my fingering is the most efficient.

With this CDLC fingering doesn't really matter, because I don't recall seeing any chords. Fingering is useful for Chords and Arpeggios.

Finally, two notes are not coming out right and any suggestion would be great

1)      First note is tremolo with a sustain…. I have tried linked and unlinked notes and it only shows up as tremolo   Its kind of weird as in other areas linked notes worked.

2)      At time slice 3:35ish & 4:48ish, there is a full step pre-bend on B string 8 fret… for some reason it is not registering as such in Rocksmith. Clearly I am doing something wrong here.

I didn't even notice. Don't kill yourself trying to fix the tiniest little error, most people won't notice those little things but it is good that you want to fix it.

Anyway… thoughts and comments are welcome.

I find that you did a fantastic job and clearly you put alot of work into charting this. Before you submit this, I recommend that you add sections to the song so that Riff Repeater can be used. "Sections Tutorial Here". If you have anymore problems feel free to PM me  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a CDLC that needs to be tested by a 7-string player. It's in B Standard.

It can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJLP3urqPv_T2FZcGhFTUhwMFk/view?usp=sharing

Any feedback and all feedback is welcome.

Just Tested it.

Sync is perfect and I think you got all of the notes correct.

Lead

• I like the distortion tone alot, but I think you should set a less heavy tone for during the Chorus (Burn you wishes, Take back control, Meet you wishes)
  • During the solo many of the notes are sustains when they don't need to be. This makes the sweep picking confusing.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah181/danielmsmith96/LeadGuitarSolo_zps59bbf0b7.jpg

Rhythm

One of the crazy notes during the chorus bugs out. I don't know how to fix this, but maybe setting it as a arpeggio might work.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah181/danielmsmith96/RhythmChorus_zps2f582fb7.jpg You did a very good job. I never heard of this band, I like their sound. Hope this helps, good luck.

I have a CDLC that needs to be tested by a 7-string player. It's in B Standard.

It can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJLP3urqPv_T2FZcGhFTUhwMFk/view?usp=sharing

Any feedback and all feedback is welcome.

Just Tested it.

Sync is perfect and I think you got all of the notes correct.

Lead

• I like the distortion tone alot, but I think you should set a less heavy tone for during the Chorus (Burn you wishes, Take back control, Meet you wishes)
  • During the solo many of the notes are sustains when they don't need to be. This makes the sweep picking confusing.

Rhythm

One of the crazy notes during the chorus bugs out. I don't know how to fix this, but maybe setting it as a arpeggio might work.

You did a very good job. I never heard of this band, I like their sound. Hope this helps, good luck.

This helps a lot, thank you. I'll see what I can do to fix everything you mentioned :)

Thank you :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got another 7-string custom that needs testing. I dunno why I keep making them, because I still don't have a 7-string :/

Anyway, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/24gv55dct0r334p/Mayan_Redemption---The-Democracy-Illusion_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

B-Standard.

Just tested it, and found the song was just slightly too quite compared to the tone. I think you should increase the song volume by 1 or 2 dB, other than that it is absolutely perfect. Great work.

I also want to thank you for introducing Mayan into my music library, they are fantastic! 

I've got another 7-string custom that needs testing. I dunno why I keep making them, because I still don't have a 7-string :/

Anyway, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/24gv55dct0r334p/Mayan_Redemption---The-Democracy-Illusion_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

B-Standard.

Just tested it, and found the song was just slightly too quite compared to the tone. I think you should increase the song volume by 1 or 2 dB, other than that it is absolutely perfect. Great work.

I also want to thank you for introducing Mayan into my music library, they are fantastic! 

Awesome. Thank you for your feedback!

• 3 months later...

Okay, different type of testing needed this time! I "fixed" (at least, I hope I actually fixed it :D) a guitar pro tab with a stupid tuning (BADGBE, really?!), and I want to know if I did it correctly. So people with good ears: help me! I want to know if I used the right chords, or if I'm completely off.

Song is in D Standard.

Xandria - Dreamkeeper - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rx3vcpcwhryc50q/Xandria_Dreamkeeper_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

• Administrator

BADGBE is an alternate Open G tuning and is known to be used in some songs (Soundgarden used it on Rusty Cage for exemple).

But it's clear that it isn't an open G tuning that they used on any live video i've looked at but it's not what you have charted that they seems to play either. :(

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I've uploaded a new version using the same link. I've fixed a few chords. It does sound pretty much like the song now, in my opinion. Except for the part where it goes 4-4-4-466 on the sixth string (changed that to start on the fifth string).

Used Riffstation to check the chords, and everything's 100%.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rx3vcpcwhryc50q/Xandria_Dreamkeeper_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

• 2 months later...

ok sign me up for testing, as I've not into the habit of backing up anyway

and as mentioned above "it would be good to give back to the community"

and if anyone fancies putting together 'Paul Dempsey's' covers of 'stop' & 'wrecking ball' i'd happily be their testing bitch for the next year

in regards to testing, just PM me with a dropbox or similar link, I'm on daily

so you should get a 2day turnaround on feed back.

I wont recognise near tonal differences but im not to bad nowadays on spotting rhythm sink issues (only be playing 1.5yrs but i have managed to get at least 1hr a day in (much to my better half's annoyance)).  

• 1 month later...