Anyone know what happened to the File Manager post?

DevXen

Question

14 answers to this question

• Administrator

The author decided to support pirated copies of the game, and I PM'ed him. 

Unfortunately he's failed to reply or remove that.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I agree, but we're working on our own.

oh cool. My idea for it is to give it a feature to allow it to rename and organize the cdlc based on info inside the song. it can pull info then let the user setup how they want it organized. - downloading CDLC right now. it spend a few hours everyday downloading new songs. as it takes quite awhile to manually look at the post. and see what the tuning is, what the instruments are, if it has RR/DD/CT, and the version. so if the file manager could auto do that for me. i'm in. then to organize them in folders by Artist/Album/ then that'd be great.

eh. that's just my idea to help make it useful. hopefully it won't take a year like ignition did. yey!

Didn't seem that a reply was necessary, I included a profile backup section, and trying to be helpful did indeed provide the facility to backup a non-steam version of the game.

I just really couldn't be bothered to argue, reprogram, etc when all that needed to be done was to disable the link to the latest version and keep the previous generation of the program in the thread rather than delete the thread. 

Seemed a bit rich when this site also hosts 10,000+ files that have embeded tracks in them which the artist or label get nothing for, but your site, your rules, all cool as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm sure the one created by the site will be far superior anyway, so mine is no loss  :)

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@bainies  The main thing is we're not supporting piracy of the game. Unfortunately your app completely supports pirated copies of Rocksmith and if we was to allow use of a popular tool that also helped users backed up their unpaid copies of rocksmith it wouldn't look good. (Buy the game! It goes on sale all the time! If we don't support ubisoft we won't keep getting quality DLC releases by them)

Also the thread is still there, it's just hidden. (We hardly EVER delete threads/posts, so we have a history of what happened). 

If you want to link to the previous or future version please let me know and I'll unhide the topic.

Additionally I have no ETA on the beta of our app. That'll probably take months as we're having trouble finding a lead developer.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Developer

@Unleashed2k

Considering that there wasn't much info about the official manager, I started working on my version of it, 

http://i.imgur.com/3TkPJ16.png

(basic GUI, I'll probably work on it later)

I'm going to add/have added features like:

-CDLC list(basic info + preview)

-CDLC editor(basic info, again + tone + ...)

-CDLC updater(gotta figure out how exactly Iginition works, so I can make a proper HttpRequest, another option is WebBrowser (log in, input text in the textbox, press the button, get results, etc., but I think that it would be too slow)

-CDLC page(pretty obvious)

-CDLC renamer(something like Drakken's renamer)

-some other features which I can't think of right now

The main problem is that it's based on C# and WPF(I'm noobie when it comes to WPF, but the project is based around it, because it seems that it's better for making GUIs and it's quite possible that someone on CF knows how to use WPF and he/she would be able to make a better GUI for it)

It seems that Microsoft is porting .Net to OS X/Linux, but I'm not sure if they will port WPF(or/and the whole client part of .Net)..So it would probably be better to use Java instead..but I haven't used it in years, so I will, most likely, make a C# and then someone might port it to Java, if it will be any good.

I hope you are able to understand me, my sentences are usually (and therefore more complicated) longer than they should be..   :blink:

• Like 3

• Developer

@@Lovroman : Yours looks good. will it match the CDLC you have downloaded with what's online? - if so. it should keep track of what you have, to alert you when something is updated. that'd be rad.

**Edited by @ForgeOn, removed large unnecessary quote

Yes, we are going to add that feature!
  • Like 2

@ForgeOn

Uhh. You removed my quote, cause you deemed it unnecessary?

that just seems wrong. Now I don't care that it was removed. it's more

the point. if the 'quote' feature shouldn't be used, it should probably be removed.

But editing posts, cause you feel it should be edited when there was no real reason for it.

well. i'll bet that would bother every user here.

*Shrug*

@@DevXen, I removed the quote because you were referring to the entire post and highlighted nothing. On top of that the post was very long. There was no need whatsoever to make everyone, who is already reading the thread, read that entire post again. All that was needed was to call the attention of the writer of the post so I did that for you.  You are welcome.

Please feel free to use the quote feature appropriately, i.e. for when you want to quote a segment of a post, or possibly in a much longer thread where the original post may have been forgotten.. even then you can just link back to the post and people can read the original in it's original context.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding of forum etiquette.

P.S. In case you thought I hadn't noticed, @Lovroman has made the same error by quoting an entire post but at least that post is short (a single line); just imagine if he had quoted you quoting him. xD

• Like 1

@@ForgeOn

thanks for bringing up this topic. But if you were consequent about it, you could keep removing quotes all day long^^ (You better never visit the Championship - people quote each other all the time, including lots of screenshots. It's horrible and makes loading the pages take ages)

But back to topic:

@@Lovroman, your plans sound VERY promising. I wish you good luck and hope you can work as part of the Customsforge team. This project will be appreciated by LOTS of people :-)

Please give us something to beta-test as soon as you are ready :-)

• Like 3

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.