Linknext Troubles

L33tr

No matter what I try, I can't get a sustained note to use linknext for over one measure. I author a note like this:http://oi61.tinypic.com/29cmhko.jpgBut no matter what I've tried it comes out like this:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/70xuz5.jpgAs you can see, the notes that come after the vibrato note (coincidentally, the note that is at the start of a new measure) does not appear. I know for a fact that it is because of the ending of the measure that this occurs because if I offset the note to slightly before the measure like this:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/s6jb76.jpgThen it shows up in-game like this:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2e0qy5x.jpgAs you can see, the note I offset now shows up.

Any ideas on how to work around this? :)

My customs can be found here.

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

• Administrator

Linked note can't be over different phrases or section for one good reason : in RR if you just have the sustain but not the note it would be really weird so RS automatically cuts out any sustain that are in between phrases.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Based on the screen capture, I'm guessing the past two posts are right on the money. It looks like the graph shows that the phrase is going to end and a new one begins right around where the note is missing. If DDC inserted a phrase between linked notes they may not work right.

Based on the screen capture, I'm guessing the past two posts are right on the money. It looks like the graph shows that the phrase is going to end and a new one begins right around where the note is missing. If DDC inserted a phrase between linked notes they may not work right.

So in theory, if I increase the phrase length from two to, say, four, then this wouldn't occur? If so, is there a way to change individual phrase length within a chart?

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

Not by using DDC but having a phrase lenght of 2 is always way too short for having a clean official-like DD look in my opinion.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I said. When I say increasing the phrase length from two to four, I mean on the menu for creating DDC in the toolkit (the sub-units of a riff-repeatable phrase). The phrases inputted into EOF are much longer than just two measures (since they are the repeatable ones).

It's worth a try, but if doing that worked around the problem it also may be a good idea to let the toolkit folks know. It may require special changes to DDC to have it ensure linked notes don't get split up.

Just tried it, no-go. Guess there's no work-around :I

If the problem only happens when DDC is used, it would generally be considered the cause for it. Please try generating the chart with only the original authored difficulty (no DDC) and see if notes end up missing. If it does, it may be a problem I need to fix with EOF and I'd need the project file to test with. Otherwise it's a problem to be fixed with DDC. This will help us get a solution going.

If the problem only happens when DDC is used, it would generally be considered the cause for it. Please try generating the chart with only the original authored difficulty (no DDC) and see if notes end up missing. If it does, it may be a problem I need to fix with EOF and I'd need the project file to test with. Otherwise it's a problem to be fixed with DDC. This will help us get a solution going.

Just tested if the problem occurred when the custom was not modified by the DDC creator; the note was not cut off. The problem is not caused by EOF, rather, it's caused by the DDC creator.

@@L33tr,

Since DDC v2.2, two adjacent measures are protected inside the same phrase if they contain a sequence of linked notes.

It may have a bug in this logic and I need to investigate more deeper.

Can you share your project ?

Thanks a lot

Sure, I'll PM you the whole EOF folder.