Scripts for Rocksmith

xavatar

What do you mean belong to XML? Tone definition source format is always JSON.

As for the switching definition, I agree, I even want to define switches right in the tab (another unsupported feature).

I am currently trying tone autoloading in toolkit with my scripts for updating XML for the first time. It took me hours to narrow it down, it seems that using exact measure boundary time causes it to freeze on load (actually in this case it happens only if I add more than 2 tone switches). When I subtract 1ms it works. RS engine probably doesn't like events scheduled at exactly the same time.

It won't be easier than what is available now, I can just as well create empty EOF project and import GPA & GP, this part doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that I need separate tabs and projects for all arrangements which just keep diverging when I fix them, it bothers me that there are RS features and techniques which are not supported in GP tab, it bothers me that I lose chord fingering with every import (also something that you'll lose without EOF). Having to reimport notes into project is just a minor nuissance, I can do that with a few keypresses, but your version isn't going to help much with anything else. All this additional information need to be added to the tab and there is no place in GP format other than stuffing everything in the text markers, not nice (I don't even know what is the limit for these, probably 255 characters).

I never said there is not enough info, it just wouldn't be any better that what there already is, actually probably worse since you can't leverage advanced EOF features even if you wanted to.

Well, I mentioned quite a few already. Of the top of my head: per-arrangement tone switching, phrases and sections,

chord fingering, arpeggio outlines or hand positions if you want to. There is no place for any of these in GP format. And I'm sure somebody who edits charts in EoF manually could come up with more examples of stuff that can't be put into tab.

Maybe you should just spend some time charting before you waste your time on this. You do what you want but it would be useless for me.

Maybe you should just spend some time charting before you waste your time on this. You do what you want but it would be useless for me.

I don't really care for fingerings, outlines, etc... but I don't see any major obstacle in there either.

If by charting you mean spending time in eof, that's precisely what I don't want to do :) IMO, guitar tabs are meant to be edited with a guitar tab editor...

I hope you'll change your mind once I'm done.

@@shrubbery

I gave some thoughts about what you said. I still think Guitar Pro is the best option. However, I switched to GPX format since it's XML it's easier to deal with for everyone and has all the extensibility you might want.

So... I now have something that can read a Go PlayAlong xml export for a synched GPX tab and generates a Rocksmith XML. It's not usable yet and far from complete but all the base parsing mechanisms are there and I can compile the XML to an SNG (which does not play yet... ;) ). The meat of the stuff is only like 300 lines of code.