Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 66

Mortalo

Good writeup @@MilkmanDan!

I'd actually give the difficulty edge in this slightly to Pink Floyd. It's a little slower than Red Hot Chili Peppers, but the only really hard part of the RHCP is the fast part which is easier to RR on. Both songs use all 4 strings and there's seems like a lot more movement in Floyd. I'd consider them both intermediate though. I also thought that the Floyd lead part was potentially a 4 on difficulty too, but still probably the easiest of the leads this week.

Anyway here we my scores after playing for a few hours. Not a ton of time this week again.

http://i.imgur.com/6q2WqHAl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DteyQual.jpg

Updated/revised difficulty ratings for bass, taking near final scores into account:

(these are not official in any way, just me trying to help contribute to difficulty ratings consistency)

Beginner Bass:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

No actual counted entries IN this rank -- just plays by participants in higher levels.  So, not really much evidence to suggest that my preliminary rating needs to be changed...  And it won't really effect anything anyway since there aren't any entries by actual Beginner players.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  4 (equivalent to easy Intermediate level)

Final difficulty rating:  4 (enough 100%s to prove it isn't HARD, but I still think it is actually pretty tough for a true beginner)

Intermediate Bass:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss

Again, only 1 participant/entry actually in this class.  Two 100% runs by high-tier folks, and then several in the low to mid 90's.  That might make my preliminary rating of 5 seem a bit low, but since there aren't any entries done by people really working hard at the song with 10+ tries or anything, I'll probably keep it there.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  5 (average Intermediate level)

Final difficulty rating:  5 (good enough)

• Like 3

Advanced Bass:

Coheed and Cambria - Mother May I

This is the class that requires very careful evaluation.  But, we've got a lot of interesting results that help with that!  As I'm writing, there are 4 valid-class entries here, with accuracies ranging from around 95% up to an even 99%.  So far, nobody over the 99.5% promotion threshold.  And that includes the scores of MC-level players that tried the song also -- none higher than 99.25%, although nobody with a whole load of attempts.  Still, the lack of extremely high accuracy entries tends to suggest that the song is legitimately reasonably tough.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  7 (legit Advanced, but closer to Int than MC)

Final difficulty rating:  7  (I think it is indeed a legit Advanced song.  Rating it as easier to prevent anyone that happens to get a 99.5% from leveling up would feel like a bit of an artificial stretch -- particularly compared to past songs that people have leveled up to MC on)

My 99% took a lot of tries. I hate this song now...

• Like 1

Well, i'm making progress on the lead of this song playing through the parts but no more time this week. I'd rank this song a 4 because the intro is tricky, though the chords aren't too bad once the song gets going. But after playing a few more hours I'd be convinced it's a 3. ;) Will for sure keep it, fun song for all parts.

http://i.imgur.com/F0BF3Qgl.jpg

Crazy Day!

I played Sweet Child O Mine like a madmen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73ylbjcb1flrugx/47841422717613240.jpg?dl=0 (95,39%, 187 streak)

That was my best run, and after that i was totally excited, send my roomate, who follows my progress in this championship this

picture, as he knows i was 2nd place. 

Right after i send it to him, i pressed enter and forgot to take a screenshot in rocksmith....

Well, as i didnt know for validation wise, i made another run

and got a slightly lesser score

Sweet Child O Mine 94,58%, 224 streak

Im a little bummed that i didnt got to the 95,39% score again, but man this solo is killing my fingers...

i tried to get a MM score, but there is no chance i can get that working

CHeers guys! and sry @ :P

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Crazy Day!

I played Sweet Child O Mine like a madmen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73ylbjcb1flrugx/47841422717613240.jpg?dl=0 (95,39%, 187 streak)

That was my best run, and after that i was totally excited, send my roomate, who follows my progress in this championship this

picture, as he knows i was 2nd place. 

Right after i send it to him, i pressed enter and forgot to take a screenshot in rocksmith....

Well, as i didnt know for validation wise, i made another run

and got a slightly lesser score

Sweet Child O Mine 94,58%, 224 streak

Im a little bummed that i didnt got to the 95,39% score again, but man this solo is killing my fingers...

i tried to get a MM score, but there is no chance i can get that working

CHeers guys! and sry @ :P

Well done, great score. I hadn't any time for some more runs the last 2 days, so the first place is yours, congratulations :)
  • Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Ok, Advanced Bass participants won't be forced to advance to MasterClass Bass with 98+% x3 rule. You'll be forced only with 99.5% x1 rule (applies only to songs with 7+ difficulty rating). You can be still leveled up if you want to.

@@genobadass if you want to level up to MasterClass Bass, write so, if not you can stay silent :)

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Ok, Advanced Bass participants won't be forced to advance to MasterClass Bass with 98+% x3 rule. You'll be forced only with 99.5% x1 rule (applies only to songs with 7+ difficulty rating). You can be still leveled up if you want to.

@@genobadass if you want to level up to MasterClass Bass, write so, if not you can stay silent :)

Shhh

• Like 2

I'm getting this score in even though @@Kaijin knocked me off the tops spot on Mother May I as I might not be able to beat my best score before the deadline (Is it 6pm GMT or 7pm GMT?

anyway's, not that it makes the slightest dif to the scoreboard for me:

Mother May I: http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/520499125403061085/34D588ADC8AE4F0DACD20B12B9365A80CB95B1FA/

ahh looks like the cut off is 6pm and I guess I missed the deadline.

Edited by NoonyDeloony
  • Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Ok, so here goes final difficulty scores for week 66 songs:
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here: Lead 3, Rhythm 4, Bass 3
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss: Lead 5, Rhythm N/A, Bass 5
Coheed and Cambria - Mother May I: Lead 7, Rhythm 3, Bass 7
Dance Gavin Dance - Carl Barker: Lead 8, Rhythm 8, Bass 7
I give you one day for final comments. Tomorrow I will submit that scores.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures