Intermediate: @@Mortalo
Advanced: @@Gamut
Masterclass: @@Latsch

Bass
Beginner: N/E
Intermediate: @@MonstaS4
Advanced: @@genobadass
Masterclass: @@Blazikiller

Congrats to all the winners. And here goes the Weekly Honorably Mentioned overview with 100% scores:

- on Bass Beginner- @@Blazikiller, @@Joey, @@Kaijin, @@MilkmanDan, @@missis sumner, @Mortalo and @@NoonyDeloony

- on Bass Intermediate - @@Blazikiller, @@genobadass, @@Joey, @@Kaijin, @@missis sumner and @@NoonyDeloony

- on Bass Advanced - @@Kaijin

- on Bass MasterClass - @ and @@w4rl3x

- on Bass MasterClass MasterMode - @@Blazikiller and @@then3verend

Moment of Glory for @@Latsch and 96.23% in Master Mode on INT Lead and 93.14% on MasterClass Rhythm.

Cute

by @@NoonyDeloony and crazy video by @@Smile. Thank you!

The songs for this week are:

Beginner:   Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Plum's Version) (Chosen by @@then3verend )

Intermediate: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Suck My Kiss (Chosen by @@MonstaS4 )

Advanced: Coheed & Cambria - Mother May I (Chosen by @@NoonyDeloony )

Advanced/Masterclass: Dance Gavin Dance - Carl Barker  (Chosen by @@Blazikiller )

MasterClass: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (Plum's Version)

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:   Coheed & Cambria - Mother May I
Intermediate: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Plum's Version)
Advanced:  Dance Gavin Dance - Carl Barker
Masterclass: N/A

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Plum's Version)
Intermediate: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Suck My Kiss
Advanced: Coheed & Cambria - Mother May I

Masterclass: Dance Gavin Dance - Carl Barker

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men, playing in their class 5 weeks in row without pass (they have little more preference when choosing a song from song selection list for next week):

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

RNG is not our friend every time. (And that's only 3 in last 5)

I felt that Floyd's rhythm is more difficult then lead, mostly because of strum patterns. Coheed's rhythm can be a 4, still I decided I rather put 4 in Beg then in Adv. And I don't like slides on bass, so I can be wrong with Adv and MC.

I don't like RHCP, so I'll mostly play Floyd's (training) and Coheed (nice song).

RNG is not our friend every time. (And that's only 3 in last 5)

I understand random numbers are random, but shouldn't that be a rule or something?

I mean it sounds fair right? get picked one week, ineligible for selection next week

I try to pick someone else, but after few weeks in a row. 2 were never a problem, but that is a good idea, and I can use it as of next week. (picking someone in the same class 2 weeks in a row)

• Like 4

I felt that Floyd's rhythm is more difficult then lead, mostly because of strum patterns. Coheed's rhythm can be a 4, still I decided I rather put 4 in Beg then in Adv. And I don't like slides on bass, so I can be wrong with Adv and MC.

I don't like RHCP, so I'll mostly play Floyd's (training) and Coheed (nice song).

Bass Advanced and MC are both correct in their places, Coheed has a few jumps where Dance Gavin Dance has multiple changes.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Woot Coheed :) can't wait but right now I am off to a wedding reception... I might need to recoup tomorrow but might be ok for participation by the evening... I'll be sensible, no cocktails! :)

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Posting these for diehard status, that Bat Country fight really took a lot outta me, taking this week off

http://s24.postimg.org/iiqgvtoet/2015_01_24_00005.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/k7osybxb7/2015_01_24_00002.jpg

(In case this does get switched)

http://s12.postimg.org/j1cebq0st/2015_01_24_00004.jpg

• Like 4

@@then3verend I agree completely that there should be a clause to that. It can give me (or anyone, but in my case 3 out of 5 weeks in a row) a bit of an unfair advantage having prior experience with the songs; the music I like and play a lot isn't the most popular among the folks as well, I'm sure some variety would be appreciated.

Also, good fight bud. Thought I for sure had lost yesterday. Sustaining the fight a bit longer had it not been for technical difficulties would've been interesting.

Also, for a masterclass song, this week is quite easy aside from the intro to the lead which isn't too bad once you make sense of it.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

.... Dont know any of em ....

Really lookin 4ward to tryin those...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Birdassasin, you can afford to get drunk in Finland? ;) (The screenshot's not showing up, by the way).

On the song difficulty, I got 92% on  Pink Floyd first play a while ago.

92% on RHCP tonight, and 93% on Coheed & Cambria.

My feeling is that Floyd is the easiest, but there's not much between them all, bass-wise, really.

No easy songs this week… Still, good songs to play though.

• Like 4

I really hope everyone enjoys playing coheed and cambria, I have special memories of these guys and their story telling lyrics :) beautimous is how I describe them :) ... Posted, drunkenly from the Hollins hey hotel in England :D

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@Blazikiller

Eh, Hardcore is a hit and miss for me(Fall of troy vs. Billy Talent)

I can't really find the groove in those genres, hence why I'm not the biggest fan.

Again, good week last week, let's agree not to push each other to our limits like that again, k? :)

• Like 1

@@Blazikiller

I can't really find the groove in those genres, hence why I'm not the biggest fan.

Again, good week last week, let's agree not to push each other to our limits like that again, k? :)

Ya ya for sure, it definitely has it's hits and misses and the "post-hardcore" genre is very widely defined and has a huge variety from things like Fall of Troy and Hail the Sun to Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, etc. The groove can be tough with some weird time and syncopated rhythms, but I love it haha.

Ya, agreed. That was a little ridiculous and I don't think I could push that much again haha. We'll try and keep it more sanity friendly and maybe a bit more fair to the other mc bassists here.

@@Blazikiller

Ya ya for sure, it definitely has it's hits and misses and the "post-hardcore" genre is very widely defined and has a huge variety from things like Fall of Troy and Hail the Sun to Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, etc. The groove can be tough with some weird time and syncopated rhythms, but I love it haha.

Ya, agreed. That was a little ridiculous and I don't think I could push that much again haha. We'll try and keep it more sanity friendly and maybe a bit more fair to the other mc bassists here.

Do you folk play on a real bass, or are you running emulated on the guitar? Always wondered...

@@Blazikiller

Do you folk play on a real bass, or are you running emulated on the guitar? Always wondered...

I use my 4-string Washburn Taurus bass for bass always. I believe @@then3verend usually uses a real bass as well. Though he mentioned emulating it on his Dean yesterday.

@@Blazikiller

I have a cheap Rogue SX100 Bass, I switch between that and emulating my Epiphone with a set of .13's(whichever works with me that day)

I usually reserve my Dean Razorback for guitar only due to the Floyd Rose bridge, but yesterday was the first I really tried to use it, and while the detection is spot on, I usually have to tune it about 4 times if i switch for RS to get 100% accuracy

I'm pumped about my win! ...(in beginner lead)...  I might actually have to enter in that category a bit more often in addition to giving the MC Bass the ol' college try.

As one of the MC Bass "also ran"s, I thought I'd chime in and say that I don't mind @@then3verend and@@Blazikiller dominating the class.  I'm happier to come in 4th-5th in the category after seeing what the really good players can do, as opposed to coming in 1st or 2nd mainly due to low participation (as it was for a while when I first started participating).  Things are heating up, we're getting more players, and nobody can claim that wins in those hot classes (like MC Bass) are "by default" -- very impressive levels of effort put in by the big contenders!

That being said, with the level of competition in the MC Bass class in particular (or maybe I'm just most aware of it there since I'm somewhere in the mid-bottom of the mosh pit) I think it would maybe be nice to see a few really tough songs selected.  Not necessarily every week, but a few songs that go further to really define what a 10 on the difficulty scale is.  I think that would have a couple of good outcomes:

1) On the hardest stuff, the winner will probably be decided by Score Attack accuracy down to hundredths of a percent.  As opposed to multiple people with 100% accuracy decided by score, or even 100% accuracy decided by Master Mode score ('cuz hard score just won't cut it).

That being "better" is subjective, but I think I would prefer it that way most of the time, and I'd imagine that the elite guys might prefer an accuracy shootout over a memorization/MM exhausting challenge like they had last week.  Although I don't want to put words in their mouths for them, so maybe they could comment?

2) If we establish a higher average difficulty level for MC level songs (difficulty 9-10), we could similarly adjust what defines Advanced (difficulty 7-8).  That might tend to push down the assigned difficulty of some of the Advanced songs into the range of 4-6, so that they would technically be "Intermediate" difficulty and therefore not force a level up to MC on 100% runs.  I think that would help clarify the progression from Advanced to MC, and help with the issue that in the bass path people still tend to get bumped up from Advanced to MC before they are really ready for it / want to.

Looking at the leaderboard, there were 10 participants in MC Bass last week, 4 in Advanced, and 2 in Intermediate.  I think that tends to suggest that progression through the classes happens a bit faster than would be ideal.  I know some things have been done to try to put the brakes on that before, but it seems like a bit more might be good.

I think you do a great job with the organizing @@Mortalo, so don't take any of that as digs at you.  It is on us participants to put a lot of diversity in the song selection list, as well as to be as consistent as possible with our difficulty ranking suggestions.  So, to "do my part", I'm going to think about what customs I've played that are good and fun but particularly difficult, and try to pick some to add to the selection list.  I'm also going to readjust my difficulty rating scale, so that only those really hard songs get a 9-10 (MC).  And, by extending that down, some of the songs that I would have pegged as Advanced before (7-8) would drop down to Intermediate, which would allow them to be "no/optional level up songs" for the Advanced tier.

I don't mean to suggest that things be like the bass equivalent of "MC Lead = Joe Satriani every week" or anything, but I think that those two small shifts (difficulty ratings on a scale of "will @@Blazikiller and @@then3verend find this hard" instead of "do I find this hard" and a few more songs that crank the difficulty up to 11) might have a pretty big and good impact.

Don't mean to rock the boat, and again I'm actually quite happy with where I'm at and how things are going -- but I think some further tweaks to adjust the rate of class progression (especially for bass) might help out a lot of participants.

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

First tries on MC and Advanced Bass:

Advanced:  Mother May I - Coheed and Cambria

2015-01-25_104928.jpg

I've heard of the band, but couldn't name any of their songs and didn't know this one.  But it's nice -- felt tougher to me personally than the MC song in places, but I think that overall the class sorting is correct.

I'll think more about difficulty ratings, particularly given my post above.  I think the "old me" would have rated this as a 7, but I will consider that more carefully and follow up once I've tried all of the songs.

MC: Carl Barker - Dance Gavin Dance

2015-01-25_104048.jpg

Another song I don't know, and this one I don't think I've ever even heard of the artist...  BUT, I liked it quite a bit!  Fun to play.  To me, the average difficulty throughout the song felt lower than the Advanced song, but the trickiest parts here are harder than they are in that one.  So I think this is the best fit of the two for MC.

And again, I'll have to consider difficulty ratings carefully.  But, "old me" would have said a 7.5-8, I think.

Should be a fun week, all new stuff for me as opposed to last week being mostly old favorite songs/bands.  Wheeeee!

• Like 4

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

I'm pumped about my win! ...(in beginner lead)...  I might actually have to enter in that category a bit more often in addition to giving the MC Bass the ol' college try.

As one of the MC Bass "also ran"s, I thought I'd chime in and say that I don't mind @@then3verend and@@Blazikiller dominating the class.  I'm happier to come in 4th-5th in the category after seeing what the really good players can do, as opposed to coming in 1st or 2nd mainly due to low participation (as it was for a while when I first started participating).  Things are heating up, we're getting more players, and nobody can claim that wins in those hot classes (like MC Bass) are "by default" -- very impressive levels of effort put in by the big contenders!

That being said, with the level of competition in the MC Bass class in particular (or maybe I'm just most aware of it there since I'm somewhere in the mid-bottom of the mosh pit) I think it would maybe be nice to see a few really tough songs selected.  Not necessarily every week, but a few songs that go further to really define what a 10 on the difficulty scale is.  I think that would have a couple of good outcomes:

1) On the hardest stuff, the winner will probably be decided by Score Attack accuracy down to hundredths of a percent.  As opposed to multiple people with 100% accuracy decided by score, or even 100% accuracy decided by Master Mode score ('cuz hard score just won't cut it).

That being "better" is subjective, but I think I would prefer it that way most of the time, and I'd imagine that the elite guys might prefer an accuracy shootout over a memorization/MM exhausting challenge like they had last week.  Although I don't want to put words in their mouths for them, so maybe they could comment?

2) If we establish a higher average difficulty level for MC level songs (difficulty 9-10), we could similarly adjust what defines Advanced (difficulty 7-8).  That might tend to push down the assigned difficulty of some of the Advanced songs into the range of 4-6, so that they would technically be "Intermediate" difficulty and therefore not force a level up to MC on 100% runs.  I think that would help clarify the progression from Advanced to MC, and help with the issue that in the bass path people still tend to get bumped up from Advanced to MC before they are really ready for it / want to.

Looking at the leaderboard, there were 10 participants in MC Bass last week, 4 in Advanced, and 2 in Intermediate.  I think that tends to suggest that progression through the classes happens a bit faster than would be ideal.  I know some things have been done to try to put the brakes on that before, but it seems like a bit more might be good.

I think you do a great job with the organizing @@Mortalo, so don't take any of that as digs at you.  It is on us participants to put a lot of diversity in the song selection list, as well as to be as consistent as possible with our difficulty ranking suggestions.  So, to "do my part", I'm going to think about what customs I've played that are good and fun but particularly difficult, and try to pick some to add to the selection list.  I'm also going to readjust my difficulty rating scale, so that only those really hard songs get a 9-10 (MC).  And, by extending that down, some of the songs that I would have pegged as Advanced before (7-8) would drop down to Intermediate, which would allow them to be "no/optional level up songs" for the Advanced tier.

I don't mean to suggest that things be like the bass equivalent of "MC Lead = Joe Satriani every week" or anything, but I think that those two small shifts (difficulty ratings on a scale of "will @@Blazikiller and @@then3verend find this hard" instead of "do I find this hard" and a few more songs that crank the difficulty up to 11) might have a pretty big and good impact.

Don't mean to rock the boat, and again I'm actually quite happy with where I'm at and how things are going -- but I think some further tweaks to adjust the rate of class progression (especially for bass) might help out a lot of participants.

In the vein of more challenging bass I think we need more Primus, and .Les Claypool, and it is hard to beat his rhythmic embrace....

On a side note, I can't do that shit...

• Like 4