5 string bass part

Dudeman

Question

So I'm having some trouble getting a 5 string bass arrangement in E Standard to work. i looked at the guide here but I'm noob and I'm confused.

it talks about using a guitar part for the bass but I'm really hoping i don't have to do that as EOF shows 5 strings for the PART_REAL_BASS?

it also talks about changing the tuning pitch in the toolkit to 220 but i think i don't have to do that as my bass part is in E Standard?

then i found the tuning editor box when you click on edit arrangement in the toolkit and get this:

http://i.imgur.com/WXhtkGA.jpg

if i put the values in like the pic i get a "All fields are required" error so i just put 1,2,3,4,5,6 and it didn't complain but feels dodge, unfortunately i don't have a 5 string bass so can't test right now but what should i put in here?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

First off, in tuning screen that you show in the toolkit are allowed number only which indicate the difference between the standard note (EADGBe) to the tuning you wish to use.

Second, yes you'll need to set the pitch at 220, if you find a way to make it work without your a genius and that would be wonderfull but you'll have to explain it to many people here first.

By using a bass part in EOF you're gonna have a big problem when it comes to recognition because EOF define the standard 5 string bass tuning relatively to BEADG while Rocksmith is looking up for value relatively to EADGBe.

I can understand creating a 5 strings bass part can be complicated but you don't seem to care about why i've wrote those specifics in the tutorial and simply go with your own version of things (which by the way won't work).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

ok i get it now or i get what i don't know, read it wrong i somehow thought that was more applicable to something thats not E Standard  and i guess was hoping i could just change something in the toolkit quick and be done with it but rocksmith by default doesn't even support 5 string bass, didn't know that. my bad, i read some more and the post you linked from ross and you guys did good work. thanks.

so I have to use a guitar part in eof, import the bass into it and set the tuning to 12 (because its E standard) for each string and in the toolkit set the pitch to 220?

and that Tuning editor dialog doesn't get used that way cause the notes will be correct?

it's not that i don't care about the specifics i just don't understand them and i don't have a 5 string bass, thanks for your reply it has helped make it a bit less complicated.

• Administrator

The tuning has to be set in EOF with the correct note name.

For a BEADG tuning it means you have to enter the following value in EOF tuning panel :

-4 (For the B of the guitar to become a G)

-5 (For the G of the guitar to become a D)

-5 (D to A)

-5 (A to E)

-5 (E to B )

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@raynebc : for all i know that would lead to a problem since the toolkit will think the tuning is 0 everywhere which will make Rocksmith look for EADGBe tuning which won't work for a 5 strings bass...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

It's not in EOF that the problem is.

If your 5 strings bass track is a bass arrangement in EOF, EOF will define the tuning relatively to BEADG.

When loading the arrangement in the toolkit, the tuning define in the toolkit will be relatively to EADGBE since it will be load as a guitar arrangement.

That's where the problem is. We can't consider the 5 strings bass part as an actual bass part because it will be a guitar part in Rocksmith and in the Toolkit so the tuning will always be relatively to EADGBE not BEADG.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

The tuning has to be set in EOF with the correct note name.

For a BEADG tuning it means you have to enter the following value in EOF tuning panel :

-4 (For the B of the guitar to become a G)

-5 (For the G of the guitar to become a D)

-5 (D to A)

-5 (A to E)

-5 (E to B )

ok done that and looks good got BEADGE in rocksmith tuning screen.

here's the link to the song @@Chicco will test it hopefully since he asked for it :) but if anyone else wants to test pease do

it's the second Rhythm arrangement it will say CUSTOM TUNING