Ignition Ideas:

DevXen

Question

I'd like to see:

1. A toggle to show the comments, so we can see what has been updated.
  2. Display if the song has a Custom Tone or not.
  3. When you download it should auto subscribe you to that song to be notified of updates.
  4. A list of all the songs I have downloaded, and what ones have been updated that I haven't gotten yet, would be nice as well.
  5. Ratings for each track being displayed, would also be nice.

5 answers to this question

#1 is already there.  Click on a song to open the information panel, and then click on "Comments".  It takes a second or two to load them, but they're there.

#3 already happens too, as soon as you add it to your collection.  The downside is, you also get emails any time somebody posts a comment.  Even with the email notifications turned off.

For #4, if you go to "Collection", under the Search menu you can see anything you've added to your collection.  You can also sort the list by when they were updated.  It won't show you anything you haven't re-downloaded yet (I don't think) but at least if you can keep track of what you have downloaded, it gives a good starting point to see what you need to get.

#1: The comments there are very badly presented, though: No time stamps, and when people quote each other it gets really confusing.

#2: If a charter doesn't tick that box, the entry shouldn't be created in the first place. Instead the charter should be presented an error message like "Starting a CDLC without any tone will break the game. Please add a custom tone before releasing your CDLC to the public" (Although I think this was fixed a while ago in the Toolkit? - Anyway, I don't think this field gives you a valid information about the quality of the tones...)

#3: I agree, the auto-subscription should happen on all download buttons/links available, not only on the one in the search list. (And you should be able to select to only receive update notifications, not comments.) Also charters should be auto-subscribed to their own posted CDLC.

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

#1 is already there.  Click on a song to open the information panel, and then click on "Comments".  It takes a second or two to load them, but they're there.

#3 already happens too, as soon as you add it to your collection.  The downside is, you also get emails any time somebody posts a comment.  Even with the email notifications turned off.

For #4, if you go to "Collection", under the Search menu you can see anything you've added to your collection.  You can also sort the list by when they were updated.  It won't show you anything you haven't re-downloaded yet (I don't think) but at least if you can keep track of what you have downloaded, it gives a good starting point to see what you need to get.

Aww I didn't know there was an information panel. Thanks.

and for #3, i meant it should automatically set you upto be notified for updates, (and not comments/replies on the thread)  it used to have this functionality on the forum. but clicking on follow, then choosing the song updates, on each song, gets tiring fast, if i'm downloading it, obviously i'd like to be notified on when the cdlc is updated.

#4, also i would like the list to be auto created, and not dependent on me adding it to my collection, again for every song.there are over 10,000 songs available, can you imagine having to add each one to your collection?

Now. awhile ago they started using a cs link to download tracks to keep track of download counts, i'm sure. ( in that process.php they could also easily keep track of who downloads what, what version it is, and when it was downloaded (That info should of been stored from the start of process.php, if it wasn't then whoever wrote it, isn't a very good coder.) now that's not saying it's not keeping that info, I don't know, but if it isn't it should be. then it could give us our list, and personal updates, and then it could be used to auto notify us when the songs we have downloaded are updated as well.

• Like 1