game keeps minimizing?

cacahuate51

Question

the game used to work fine but now for some reason it goes crazzy when i start the game. it just keeps minimizing it so i cant ever log on to play the game. this has never happened to me in the past 2 years so i dont know whats wrong. ive uninstAlled the game and that doesnt help it. any ideas? ive also scanned my computer for any viruses and there is none. im only having this problem with rocksmith, other games work perfectly fine such as evil within etc

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

7 answers to this question

Both versions are doing this to me now.  I had to take my machine to get malware taken off and now I can't get through a song without the game minimizing in full screen mode.  In widowed mode, I get the audio device is unplugged error randomly.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the anti-virus/malware software installed when I had it serviced.  I've disabled it and the Cloud crap running in the background and it still minimizes.  I've re-installed twice and this is getting frustrating.  It's a known bug by Ubisoft, but as far as I know, they have never addressed it.

Both versions are doing this to me now.  I had to take my machine to get malware taken off and now I can't get through a song without the game minimizing in full screen mode.  In widowed mode, I get the audio device is unplugged error randomly.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the anti-virus/malware software installed when I had it serviced.  I've disabled it and the Cloud crap running in the background and it still minimizes.  I've re-installed twice and this is getting frustrating.  It's a known bug by Ubisoft, but as far as I know, they have never addressed it.

woah totallly forgot about this post, it happened so long ago im not sure i remember how i solved it to help you out :/ i think if i remember correctly it had to do with have 2 different graphics cards in my computer so i had to make sure to go to nvidias graphics settings to make sure that it used the nvidia graphics card instead of the intelgraphics card.

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

I only have one card.  I'm running on a laptop and had no problem prior to the servicing I had done.  I'm sure it is something running in the background that keeps coming to the front, but I'll be damned if I can find the damned thing.  I've disabled everything I could find through Googling the problem.  The problem is, I can usually only find questions and suggestions to fix the problem and nothing that says "X works".

Oh that reminds me, i think january was when i downloaded the programs for photoshop and that was also causing some issues but you said you disabled everything hm....idk what to recommend you sorry man :/

Startup Programs
But Im not sure if you meant disabling through ctrl alt delete or startup programs. if you meant ctrl alt delete then i recomend to remove all startup applications that you dont use like the monthly service of photoshop that includes other applications aswell, itunes,skype,splice, origin etc (dont disable programs you dont know what the are for unless you googled them).Because even if you press ctrl alt delete and its empty they are still running in the background and can be too much to handle for your pc.

Graphics Card
That and to make sure that you dont have two graphics cards because i didnt know i had 2 xD if you have nvidia or another type like amxd but you have a intel sticker on your computer that means you probably have 2. 

I know you said that you dont but ill put the steps here anyways
NVIDIA:
So if you have nvidia open Geforce experience. if your Graphics card is dated and theres a recent update it will tell you and you can download the updated card that can fix some gamming issues. Rocksmith should appear in your games and should be able to optimize it but it doesnt for me so its good to just have the drivers updated.
once you have done that you should open nvidia control panel you can acces this by going to the toolbar downbellow and there should be the nvidia logo which is black and green and has an n. Right click it and press open nvidia control panel. once open Go to 3d settings then there will be 3 option choose the 1st which is adjust image setting with preview. then tick the 2nd option and click take me there. thatll take you to manage 3d options. press add below the select a game to customize option and then browse your computer and find rocksmith add it. Then in number 2 there will be a select the preffered graphics card for this program and there should be a scrollbar that has the options of your graphics card choose the High  performance nvdia proccessor. and thatll make sure that you use your nvdia card. you can also change the game graphics settings here and after youve done so press apply

Corrupted EXE
Also, if its only rocksmith maybe you just downloaded the corrupt version of the exe that you have to install in customs forge site http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/go to that link and download the one that you need for either pc or mac and replace the old exe with the new one you downloaded.

Audio Problem
As for the audio is unplugged error in windowed mode that happens if you click outside of the window in window mode or if you have faulty speakers/headphones connect in like your jack might be damaged.

Sorry i can't be much help and i hope you fix it, goodluck!