Unable to Create Preview Audio in EoF

mg23

Question

I've never encountered this issue, but on the current song I'm making in EoF, I'm unable to create a preview. It brings up the option to encode in whichever bitrate, but after selecting a bitrate, it does nothing. There is no file that was created in the folder as well. 

I have tried creating a preview on another song, and that preview is created just fine. 

7 answers to this question

Simple: don't use the preview creator in EOF, ever.

Use audacity instead (import the song into audacity, then cut it down to what you want). Audacity will also let you add fade in and fade out effects to your preview, which is present in all official DLC.

My customs can be found here.

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

@L33trь, lol I scripted out fade-in\fade-out for eof's preview and it's works well without any additional steps, just drag on batch file your preview and it will do that job for you in seconds ;) I can share this method if you need to :)

• Like 1

@L33trь, lol I scripted out fade-in\fade-out for eof's preview and it's works well without any additional steps, just drag on batch file your preview and it will do that job for you in seconds ;) I can share this method if you need to :)

Even though that is probably a whole lot easier, I'll probably just stick to audacity. It's grown on me lol

My customs can be found here.

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather fix problems than tell people they'll always have to use something else. I'd still like the files to test with for that reason.

Heck, I could probably even program EOF to automatically try to fade in/out on the preview, I just have to know the proper logic to use (ie. how fast to alter the amplitude values, and whether it's better to try to use a logarithmic multiplier instead of a linear one, etc).

• Like 1

I wanted to report my findings about this issue. Thank you all for the replies; I believe I have determined the issue. The track I was using contained an erroneous punctuation mark (a '?', to be exact), which caused confusion when EoF was reading the file. Consequently, the .ogg file for the original track was named "guitar.ogg" and a preview could not be created. So the fix is to simply change the metadata within the original track to remove the '?'. 

Having certain punctuation in the song title certainly could prevent the preview audio to be written, since the WAV file is created using the song title, and the OGG file is created from the WAV file. I'll have it automatically try to save it as "guitar_preview.wav" if the file can't be written using the song title.