Beats & Phrases Resynchronizer

Chlipouni

I noticed my name was mentioned in here, i guess because of iced earth - The Hunter. What was wrong with it? What does it mean by note synced and beat synced? I thought i had it perfectly synced.

In this CDLC, the notes were perfectly synced with the soundtrack, and I know how much work is needed to create a CDLC (with all arrangements, vocals and good tones).

However, as you can see it in the following screen capture, the notes were not synced with the rhythm (vertical bars that indicate measures and beats) :

iced-earth-the-hunter-original.png

After a resync of measures and beats, the notes are now in sync with the rhythm :

iced-earth-the-hunter-resync.png

Then, I repacked the song and applied DDC on it (no change in notes and chords placements).

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spent 15 minutes exploring but I cannot wait to get fully aquatinted. Hmm Easter celebration or BPS discovery... It took my wife lots of effort to peel me away from discovering this tool in-favour of going to the in-laws... :) This seems like an awesome tool. Good-bye GoPlayAlong... :)

Chlipouni this is an amazing user-friendly integration with the toolkit! Amazing. I wish I knew how to make what you just did.

Thank-You!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just experimenting a little, and wondered if you could keep a logical hierarchy, up down, or down up, in your menu's 

(main and contextual)

Sections

Phrases

Measures

Beats

Which will make it easier in general to step in.

When a Beat is selected, it doesn't show when it turns blue, when "snapped" to a note,

ok I see only the main Beats are always snapped. 

Great Tool, it took me less then 5 minutes to readjust the beats of Buckethead's Jordan.

And so many of Shinyditto's customs can benefit from this.

Hoping they care ...

• Like 1

@@TomSawyer2112,

Thank you for your feedback about BPR.

I agree about the menus and will modify them in the next release.

About the selected beat, it is always well centered when it overlaps a gem.

When all main beats are well adjusted, you can adjust the secondary beats by using [Edit][select All] and [beat][Adjust]

• 1 month later...

Update v0.3 (03/06/2015)

- New functionality to update Score Attack levels.

- New XML comment added to trace BPR modifications.
  - New functionality to show or hide similar measures.
  - New functionality to show or hide similar phrases.
  - New graphical indicator for changes in time signature.
  - New statistics about synchronized events.
  - Contextual menu items reordered in same manner as main menu items.
  - Fixed bug : Detailed informations may not be refreshed when updating a section or a phrase.
  - Fixed bug : Synced beats may not be displayed in blue.
  - Fixed bug : Update BPM may generate an incomplete measure at the end.
  - Fixed bug : Translate action may generate disorder in the following measures if a locked measure exists.

Patch v0.3 (07/06/2015) 

- Fixed bug : Error about a missing variable when using [Measure][Distribute]

- Fixed bug : Cannot save when no comment found in the XML file

- Fixed bug : Beats are not automatically distributed inside their measures when the Time Signature is changed

If you have this error, download again the "BPR_v0.3.zip" file ...

Does this only correct afterwards, or is it also useful when creating CDLC? (instead of manually moving the beat anchors, using Go PlayAlong or generating a beatmap with whatisitsname). Since @@Berneer is talking about ditching Go PlayAlong

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

But technically, once you import a tab  and the music in EoF, though EoF and GPA are great tools and not meant to be superseded, it seemed to me that saving in EoF and using the resulting XML files, one could technically use BPR to  synch a chart. But I guess I was wrong. Obviously chlipouni knows best. I'm not yet 100% versed in BPR so, sorry @@bokkiej is I misled you.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

But technically, once you import a tab  and the music in EoF, though EoF and GPA are great tools and not meant to be superseded, it seemed to me that saving in EoF and using the resulting XML files, one could technically use BPR to  synch a chart. But I guess I was wrong. Obviously chlipouni knows best. I'm not yet 100% versed in BPR so, sorry @@bokkiej is I misled you.

With BPR you can resync measures and beats, but you cannot move notes and chords, so they have to be in sync with the soundtrack (EOF work).

Using EOF to only sync the notes and chords with the soundtrack is not the best way to create a song (because you have to do this work for all arrangements).

So your advice is not totally wrong but not the best way in my opinion ;)

I worked on a custom, which had all notes moved around on bass and lead.

When I finished the lead, the bass was still wrong, and finally I think I ended up with 2 different beat maps. 

Am I wrong stating that in BPR, different arrangements (bass, lead, rhythm) of a same song can get different beats,

while in EOF they all have the same beats?

When imported into EOF, I guess, only the beats of one chosen modified arrangement will be considered.

To avoid this, it would be advisable

- to compare the GPro Tab directly while modifying the beats (which I didn't)

- to see multiple arrangements simultaneously (maybe an option, someday)

Am I wrong stating that in BPR, different arrangements (bass, lead, rhythm) of a same song can get different beats,

while in EOF they all have the same beats?

You're absolutely right !

In RS2014 and BPR, each track can have its own beat map.

In a well made CDLC this should never occur.

As BPR is intended (for now) to correct CDLCs in which each arrangement was synced by notes and not by the rhythm, I have never investigate the ability to import it back in EOF ...

I already tried to display multiple arrangements simultaneously in BPR, but without success because the same note in different tracks is rarely displayed at the same position.

In BPR, a phrase name is based on the name of its section and the sequence number of the phrase inside the section.

You can create or modify the name of a section by selecting the starting measure and setting the section name field.

You have to use a name which is supported by RS2014 (like into, verse, chorus, etc ...)