Timing is odd as hell

torkk

Question

Ok, Im working a song. I followed along with the mp3 and the tab from songster. They match up, when I use them both in EOF, the note are off on the tab. I am adding 5000ms or 5sec or silence and hitting ctrl-a and moving the notes forward to match, they first few notes match up then it all goes to hell.

Am I missing something here?

The tabs bmp is 60 at the tapbpm i get 60 on songbpm it shows 120, and either of those its still the same.

7 answers to this question

well,most of the time i just play with the bpm arund the number i see in the tab(like 79 78 or 81 82 if for ex the tab bpm was 80) to see if it gets right(somtimes its not at the exact same bpm).if not, i start moving notes at the original bpm or part of them to see if its just some notes that get out of sync,or the bpm is not correct or maybe both,and then you have to work more to get it right by changeing bpm/moving notes.

but after you get how to do it, it wont take alot of time.

hope this help you both,but if you need more help just say!:)

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

Firstly, I hope you're using the grid snap function, because it's your friend.Second, make sure you've set the time signatures properly in EoF> You can probably just click yes when asked if you want to use the time signatures from the GP file.From here you may still need to sync the rest of the song, especially if it was recorded prior to the mid-1980s or so. Just go through the song and make sure that the first beat of every measure is synced with the audio. If it's off, then click and drag it to where it should be. When you move a beat, you should notice that the notes will snap back in with it after you release your left click button.If the song you're using is more modern, there's a good chance you can save yourself a lot of time. After a few measures of syncing (as described above), if you notice that the BPMs for the measures are roughly within 1 BPM of eachother, then change the BPM setting in EoF. There's a good chance the rest of the song will now be synced properly.Lastly, NEVER assume that the GP file is correct. Try to read and play through it with a careful eye. You'll probably have to change some things and add techniques like bends and slides.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

The song I plan to work on is a pretty extreme example of bad tempo... starts off at 78 bpm, eventually flutters between 81 and 83...  Fortunately there's a pretty strong tamborine beat on the 2 and 4. (The tamborine is the only drum beat.)

So do I line up the grid to match these BEFORE importing the GP file?

Or should I import the GP and then drag everything to match the tamborine?

From here you may still need to sync the rest of the song, especially if it was recorded prior to the mid-1980s or so. Just go through the song and make sure that the first beat of every measure is synced with the audio. If it's off, then click and drag it to where it should be. When you move a beat, you should notice that the notes will snap back in with it after you release your left click button.

@ It doesn't really make much difference whether you sync before adding the GP file. When you import, the notes will be snapped to the beats that EoF displays. They'll also move with the beats should you decide to import first.As for me, I usually import first. This is really only because I like to sync/edit/fix/add tech notes and techniques all in one sweep of the song. You might find that it'd be easier for you to sync everything first, then import. It's totally up to you.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs