Notes on Fret Board

LaconiaLed

Question

• Developer

The above custom inlay (Guitar Notes_p.psarc) is not accurate.  Take a look at the 12 fret EAGDAE, should be EADGBE.

The fret notes inlay here is correct.  The same inlay is included and can be produced from CST 2.6.  Just use the Inlay Creator menu tab feature,  or you can use my CGT program to produce inlays.

A full tutorial for how to make the custom guitar inlay with notes can be found here.  Additional inlay templates are here

Have fun and if you decide to share inlays then share *cgm not *.psarc.

Cozy1

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Can someone please provide a download link to a file of the correct note inlay in p.psarc form?  I've had trouble trying to follow the steps provided above by @@cozy1.  For some reason I wasn't able to unpack the CGT file.  I would really like the note inlay (of the correct notes) and I'm not really interested in creating custom inlays.  All the custom inlays I have gotten as a p.psarc file and all work fine and it is much easier to just copy and paste.  If any one can help me (and anyone else interested in this) out with that I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

• Developer

Can someone please provide a download link to a file of the correct note inlay in p.psarc form?  I've had trouble trying to follow the steps provided above by @@cozy1.  For some reason I wasn't able to unpack the CGT file.  I would really like the note inlay (of the correct notes) and I'm not really interested in creating custom inlays.  All the custom inlays I have gotten as a p.psarc file and all work fine and it is much easier to just copy and paste.  If any one can help me out with that I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

PM me if you are having trouble with the instructions and I will try to help you. 

It is not prudent to share inlay psarc files when you can build them yourself, so please don't ask others to share inlay psarc here.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Can someone please provide a download link to a file of the correct note inlay in p.psarc form?  I've had trouble trying to follow the steps provided above by @@cozy1.  For some reason I wasn't able to unpack the CGT file.  I would really like the note inlay (of the correct notes) and I'm not really interested in creating custom inlays.  All the custom inlays I have gotten as a p.psarc file and all work fine and it is much easier to just copy and paste.  If any one can help me out with that I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

PM me if you are having trouble with the instructions and I will try to help you. 

It is not prudent to share inlay psarc files when you can build them yourself, so please don't ask others to share inlay psarc here.

Since you brought that up? why does anyone care if we share inlay psarc files? sure you can build it yourself, but how is it any different to take the source files, and build it yourself. than to just share the prebuilt files? I mean as far anyone can do it themselves, anyone can build CDLC themselves as well. though it's more work. I am just curious on the difference here and why one is okay and the other isn't.

• Like 1

• Developer

Since you brought that up? why does anyone care if we share inlay psarc files? sure you can build it yourself, but how is it any different to take the source files, and build it yourself. than to just share the prebuilt files? I mean as far anyone can do it themselves, anyone can build CDLC themselves as well. though it's more work. I am just curious on the difference here and why one is okay and the other isn't.

Do you really want to kick the bear?  Readup on Xbox Dead or Alive modding and then ask again.  Not.

Do you really want to kick the bear?  Readup on Xbox Dead or Alive modding and then ask again.  Not.

I honestly am just curious, i've never heard of xbox dead or alive modding, But then i'm really not into games, I have a ps3, and i did'nt play a game on it for 3 years after i got it. Then i got rocksmith, it sucked, then the rocksmith 2014, and have played it quite a bit. then got it on the PC just to get CDLC, since my ps3 isn't modded. - To be fair, i used to be really really into video games, they were my whole life. then I turned 12. *shrug* But no, i'm not into video games, or things that have or haven't happened, unless they are big news articles that popup in my google now, then I don't know about it. i'm sorry if I offended you. but i'll look it up on google. Thanks?

Edit:

So after much searching i was able to find:

News: Tecmo Settles Nude Patch Lawsuit

as my guess to what you were talking about.

They were sued for making mods to the game. by Tecmo

But it was settled 4 months later out of court. so no legal precedence saying it's illegal to mod games was made.

also i'm still a little confused. making inlays isn't modding the game. as much as it is making additional content for the game. you aren't exactly taking already made inlays and changing them to new ones. But Okay I guess. but does giving people the tools, telling them how, and giving them the layouts to do it, make it any different than offering them? wouldn't in both cases the people who got them and used them have the legal issues brought upon them if it went that way? oh well.. way to confusing. i don't care making the inlays, I was just curious and thought that was odd was all. thanks for pointing me in the right direction to find info.

Thanks,  I found that.  It starts on the third fret.  Looking for a first fret one or how to make one.  

Oh, in that case, then not really. For some reason, the fret inlays don't display the upper images in the first couple of frets. The tutorial mentions this, and I just tried it myself a couple of days ago. I am working on a template that works better, but it might only work for the D and G strings in the first couple of frets. I am also only listing the whole notes (no sharps or flats) in mine because I find that including all notes is too busy and hard to read. Anyway, I will share mine when it is ready, but a couple of notes might be missing.

Thanks,  I found that.  It starts on the third fret.  Looking for a first fret one or how to make one.  

Oh, in that case, then not really. For some reason, the fret inlays don't display the upper images in the first couple of frets. The tutorial mentions this, and I just tried it myself a couple of days ago. I am working on a template that works better, but it might only work for the D and G strings in the first couple of frets. I am also only listing the whole notes (no sharps or flats) in mine because I find that including all notes is too busy and hard to read. Anyway, I will share mine when it is ready, but a couple of notes might be missing.

Thanks - cool!

Ok, here is my attempt at a bass notes template. Like I said previously, for some reason, in the 24 fret mode, the inlay doesn't display all of the images, and crops the upper and lower parts of some frets. Look at the image below at the top of the first 3 frets and the bottom of the 4th, 5th and 6th frets. The image is square and should display to the edge of the frets, but it does not. 

(images won't display - don't know why, but here are the links)

So, I moved the position of the note names in those areas so they would display. As you can see from the image below, the F and G notes on the E string are off center, but the color matches the string, so it's not too bad. The B and C notes on the G string are also a little off. It is a little messy, but I think it is still usable. I am posting the template for anyone that wants to use it.

The template file is: https://copy.com/mEcAeLoDBaKGUMsK

I also created a template that starts on the 3rd fret and all of the notes are lined up better, but again, this templates only lists the whole notes: https://copy.com/mx8uGkOqxUpKghzM

• Developer

@RdBass4 Looks like you figured out how to use my PS template to produce Bass Inlays.  Nice work now you can teach others.  Send a link to your inlay and PS files here and I will host with other inlay templates if you would like to share.  You also confirmed there are dead zones on bass fretboard too.  Good job. 

• Developer

@ichocobo

The files are clean.  Add CFSM to your AV's whitelist of approved apps.  If you are are using MS Windows Defender or some other AV products the alert is because the files are not signed.   I will be glad to pay MS for a cert if you make big donation to my site.  ;)

• Like 1

@RdBass4 Looks like you figured out how to use my PS template to produce Bass Inlays.  Nice work now you can teach others.  Send a link to your inlay and PS files here and I will host with other inlay templates if you would like to share.  You also confirmed there are dead zones on bass fretboard too.  Good job. 

Hi - getting back into RS and the bass.  I have been playing with the strings inverted.  Any chance you could flip the notes for a bass inverted inlay?

Thanks for all you do here!

-Bod

Cozy1 do the DDS files in the parsc for the inlays attach to a .nif? I have experience with gambryo from the elderscrolls and fallout games, but if we get an importer/exporter working you can change the way the faces work on the nif and set up the dds to work better for 24 notes. I don't know if they bother deving a tool for rs nif files though, I remember coming across a old post when the game released on the nifskope forums.  In the very least there may be some scripts for blender that could be modified to do this.

https://forum.niftools.org/topic/3624-decode-nif-version-30103/

header_v30.1.0.3.bt

​//--------------------------------------

//--- 010 Editor v4.0.3 Binary Template
//
// File: 30.1.0.3
// Author: jonwd7
// Revision:
// Purpose:
//--------------------------------------

// REF
typedef uint REF <read=ReadREF, open=suppress>;

string ReadREF ( REF &r ) {
    if ( r == 4294967295 )
        return "None";

string s;
    SPrintf(s, "%u", r);
    return s;
}
// STRING
typedef uint STRING <read=ReadSTRING>;

string ReadSTRING ( STRING &s ) {
    string t;
    SPrintf(t, "%s [%u]", file.header.strs[s].str, s);
    return t;
}

// SSTRING
typedef struct {
    uint stringlength <hidden=true>;
    char str[stringlength] <open=suppress>;
} SSTRING <read=ReadSSTRING>;

string ReadSSTRING( SSTRING &s )
{
    if ( s.stringlength > 0 )
        return s.str;

return "";
}

typedef struct (int size) {
    byte data[size] <open=suppress>;
} BLOCK;

struct FILE {
        struct HEADER{
                char version[0x26];
                byte unk_newline;
                byte version1_rev;
                byte version2_build;
                byte version3_minor;
                byte version4_major;
                byte endian;
                uint userversion;
                uint numblocks;
                uint userversion2;
                ushort numblocktypes;
                struct BLOCKTYPES{
                        uint blocklen;
                        char blocktype[blocklen];
                } blocktypes[numblocktypes]<optimize=false>;
                short blockindex[numblocks];
                uint blocksize[numblocks] <open=suppress>;
                uint numstrings;
                uint maxstringlength;

SSTRING strs[numstrings] <optimize=false, open=suppress>;

byte unknown[5];
                uint unknown2;
        }header;

struct BLOCKS {
            local int i <hidden=true>;
            for ( i = 0 ; i < header.numblocks; i++ )
            {
                BLOCK data(header.blocksize[i]) <open=suppress>;
            }
        } blocks;

struct FOOTER {
        ushort numRoots;
        byte unknown;
        if ( numRoots > 0 )
            REF root[numRoots] <optimize=false>;
    } footer;

} file;

Hi There,

the posted Bass inlays seems not to work anymore (filehoster is gone). Does anybody has a normal 4 String bass inlay? And a downtuned one would be nice as well (Slayer...) :-) I want to learn the notes I'm playing...

Thanks in advanced!

• Developer

@@fimp Here you go (bass inlays templates are towards bottom of page).  You can make your own bass inlays with CGT.

• Like 1