strumming... the A and G string help.

skits559

i love the way it sounds! but i also here alot of other strings being hit aswell, and its hard to miss them because A and G are inbetween other strings and also you have D right in the middle and can get in the way sometimes. how do i just make sure im strumming these strings and not hitting any others? and by strumming i mean up and downstrokes, thanks for your help

if none of that makes sense:

avenge sevenfold: afterlife,while they sing the hook of this song (i dont belong here we gotta move on here, escape from this afterlife) while hes singing this if your playing lead, your playing the part im trying to get help to mastering

• Administrator

Well, there's many things here to know.

First off the chord you are trying to play is an octave.

Two, you need to hit the D strings (if you are able to do without hitting it you're a magician) but it's muted by your fretting hand.

Three, the E strings can either be muted by your finger on the A strings (or by the major finger) or simply not strummed but it's always good to mute it just in case.

Four, about the B and e Strings, it's kinda like the E strings, you goal is to not strum them but sometimes you can go a little too far or something so muting them is always good and here almost any of your finger (except the thumb dah!) can do the job.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity