MAGFest Artists CDLCs Project

JazzD

Here's what I have on hand at the moment:
http://www.chromelodeonarchive.com/marshallart/MM/
The folder contains the Famitracker file (which contains all of the sequenced chiptune parts, drums, etc.).  Not very useful on it's own as it's practically impossible to directly convert it to anything supported by other music software, but if you need to check an individual note or something it could be handy.  The software to view and edit the file is available for free: http://famitracker.com/.  It might not be very intuitive at first, but the useful information (the notes themselves) should be plain to see.  I can probably answer any simple questions about what's happening if necessary.  

There's also a WAV and MP3 download of the song.

The guitarist is working on preparing the tab files, once they're done I'll post them here. Tonight I'll do a split stem render.  I'm guessing you guys only really need the main elements separated, right?  Would doing grouped stems (in this case, 5 or so stereo files: Drums, chiptune parts, ambient guitars, rhythm guitars, lead guitars) be sufficient?  

My chiptune/prog rock band Marshall Art is playing the MAGFest chiptune showcase, if anyone is interested in doing anything with any of our songs (perhaps our Donkey Kong Country 3 arrangement would be a good choice?), I can provide any necessary stems, as well as the tracker files (or a text export) for the chiptune parts.  We may have some guitar pro files for certain guitar parts as well, but I can't say for certain.  

Amazing, This is a awesome song!.

Cant wait to play it

@@jmr Hey I was checking your soundcloud page, and your song "Papercut You Into Little Pieces" is REALLY awesome, is there any chance you could share how to play this one as well?, I'd be more than glad to chart it so we could play it here. Also, the stems mix would be useful if we were to make a multitrack version (For example a version without the lead guitar so there's more immersion when playing), but as long as we get an audio file, everything's good.

In the meantime, I'll try tabbing The Second One by Machinae.

@@AntonZap We're releasing an album with a new version of Papercut on it at MAGFest! The revised mix isn't available publicly yet, but I can PM you a private link to that later tonight if you're interested.  We don't have any of the guitar parts transcribed for that, but I can hook you up with stems and the chiptune tracking file if you're interested in tabbing it out yourself.   

@@JazzD Glad the famitracker file is useful!  With all the effects and parameters and all that there's a lot going on but I'm happy it's helping you out.  Mikhail (the band's guitarist) is working on the tabs for that track, we should have them tomorrow.  

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, everyone! :D  
We just released a new single this afternoon: https://soundcloud.com/ubiktune/marshall-art-nothing-can-be-fixed-here-god-burn
It's our darkest, most chaotic song.  

EDIT: I just want to take a second to express how effing cool it is that you guys are doing this.  :D

Hey guys, I'm guitar player of Marshall Art. I'm gonna get you the DKC guitar pro tabs tomorrow. As for the Papercut You Into Little Pieces, it may need more time for me to write the tab because I have to transcribe my own solo (yay pentatonic wanking). I won't have time to do it before MAGFest.

anyway, thanks for the interest in our music. Can't wait to play my own parts in Rocksmith :)

@@jmr I could use anything you could give me to start with while the lead guitar tabs are being on, maybe I could try tabbing the chiptune parts to a rhythm guitar or a bass, it'd be fun to experiment in order to get a fun arrangement to play, after all, the possibilities with Rocksmith are quite endless.

@@streifig You can take as long as you may need, after all, it'll be faster and more accurate if the guitar player himself is the one tabbing it instead of me as a listener, and as I said as few posts back, even if we don't make the deadline, we still could play the songs later.

By the way, loving the transitions and atmosphere of Nothing Can Be Fixed, keep on ChipRocking guys!.

@@JazzD Here's a package of stems for DKC3.  I grouped some things together (would you believe there are 25+ mixer channels in the project for this song?), let me know if you'd like any element further broken down.  http://www.chromelodeonarchive.com/marshallart/MM/MarshallArt_DKC3_Busses.zip

@@AntonZap Check your messages!  I just sent you the new version of Papercut, the tracker file, and some stems.   

By the way, which audio format is preferred by you all for importing into Rocksmith?  WAV? MP3? OGG?  I imagine you can convert to whatever you need, but if there's something that makes it easier on you guys I can do my best to provide it.

@@streifig If you have some gp files already done I can start working on those songs, it makes the job really easy so I could pull a lot of songs in a moment =)

BTW, any of you two have RS in your computer? Should I post a gameplay of your songs in youtube so you can see them?

This is pretty impressive! Thanks! 

Several notes:

• a player doesn't need to play that many notes on the main riff. Most of the notes are generated by the delay synced to the tempo and set to play dotted 1/8s.

• on the video some of the finger positions in the solo and main riff are different from what I play. Give me an hour and I'll get you gtp tab with my version.

• the final heavy riff is in Drop-D, so there are different chord shapes too. Again, I'll write them down for you.

Anyway, it looks soo cool!