EOF question + Tone Question

TranceXZero

Question

I have two questions that have bugged me and I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere. First one, in Editor on Fire, say you have your song completely done. When you play it, you notice a slight out of sync on the whole song, when this happens do you really need to edit on EOF then go back to Wwise and then repackage the song again? Or simply saving it with the changes on EOF and then repackaging it will do the trick?

Next question, I am familiar with how to make tones, how in the world do you get them out as an xml. file and how do you find them? I am having to do the technique where you get the amp or pedal and then you copy the numbers as is onto the toolkit, is this the only method?

6 answers to this question

1- As long as you keep the audio file generated in Wwise, you can use it as many times as you want, just edit the song in EOF and repackage the new tracks with the old audio.

2- What I do with the tones is this, I save the tones on my profile (So they are listed when I hit load a custom tone in game), then in the toolkit there's the option to import tones (Lower right of the GUI), and in the explorer window change the format (Yet again in the lower right) from Rocksmith 2014 PC to xbox360 (Don't ask me why), now you can go to where your RS profile is saved and you can load it (It's the file with the random string of characters, not the localprofiles), if you have many tones then a window will pop up asking which tones to import, if not, then they are all imported.

Oh and after that you can save the tones to a XML, in case you want to keep another copy of them.

If you have any further questions (Or my grammar turns out to be an undecipherable piece of sh*t) feel free to ask, after all, more users means more songs for us to play.

Ok I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you meant by saving on your profile. I still can't find them even though I save them in the game and assign them to a number 1-4. Could you be more specific about where this RS profile is, I sound like a damn idiot I know. :c I'm using the method where I finish the tone in game and then take snaps with my phone and re enter the numbers and amps + pedals in the GUI still. I can save them in the GUI and they come out the tone file like it's supposed to but I can't get it to come out of the damn game.

Ok I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you meant by saving on your profile. I still can't find them even though I save them in the game and assign them to a number 1-4. Could you be more specific about where this RS profile is, I sound like a damn idiot I know. :c I'm using the method where I finish the tone in game and then take snaps with my phone and re enter the numbers and amps + pedals in the GUI still. I can save them in the GUI and they come out the tone file like it's supposed to but I can't get it to come out of the damn game.

you have to go in your steam folder, then click on userdata, then click on the folder named 174784954, then on 221680, then remote, it will be called _prfldb at the end. then in the toolkit click on import in the tones section and when the window opens click on the pull down menu and switch it to xbox 360 and you'll be able to find it and open it and import all your tones. Hope this helps :)

Don't worry, we are all naturally idiots.

Profile files are stored on either:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YOUR_USER_ID\205190\remote

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YOUR_USER_ID\221680\remote

(Some guys online say it's the one above, mine was on the location below, see which one works for you)

In that location is the profile local file (named xxx_prfldb with xxx being random) that you can use to import the tones to the toolkit, just remember to change the format (In the explorer window when importing on the toolkit) to Xbox360 so it gets detected.

You don't get XML files like when you export a tone from the toolkit, instead the profile is what's used to import the tones.

Also, you don't really need to assign them to a pedal number, as long as you save them it should be fine.