Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 64

Mortalo

Oh, yes.  And I'm still skiving.  Tonight, I can't believe how easily I managed to get through a Queens of the Stone Age song, that I'd originally played over 6 months ago, and missed half the notes at the time.  I've got to put my increase in speed down to trying some of the mental songs in this competition, honestly. :)

• Like 4

Not sure what is going on but I am unable to play my Bass with Rocksmith as it is not outputting any sound. Its not the wire as I have tried a spare cable and my guitars all work fine using the same cable. This just started happening to me today as I haven't had a chance to play for a few days and wanted to play the bass but now I cannot. I tried switching from emulated and back and have tried the same cable on my Xbox One and I am having the same problems. I have connected my Bass to my amp and am getting output there so I know it can't be the Bass as its a Brand new bass as well. If anyone has run into this problem and been able to fix it please let me know. For now I will play the guitar tracks until I can figure this out. 

Silly question, but have you gone through calibration?  Also, it doesn't have active pickups, does it - battery flat?  On second thoughts, you'd get nothing through the amp with a flat battery either...

As it turns out the Bass does have active pickups (didn't know that) and thankfully I had an extra 9v battery lying around so I was able to replace it and low and behold it is now working. How a battery that came with a brand new Bass goes flat in less than a month is beyond me and whats funny is that the battery states right on it extra long life. Well I learned something new today thankfully. 

• Like 4

Not sure what is going on but I am unable to play my Bass with Rocksmith as it is not outputting any sound. Its not the wire as I have tried a spare cable and my guitars all work fine using the same cable. This just started happening to me today as I haven't had a chance to play for a few days and wanted to play the bass but now I cannot. I tried switching from emulated and back and have tried the same cable on my Xbox One and I am having the same problems. I have connected my Bass to my amp and am getting output there so I know it can't be the Bass as its a Brand new bass as well. If anyone has run into this problem and been able to fix it please let me know. For now I will play the guitar tracks until I can figure this out. 

Silly question, but have you gone through calibration?  Also, it doesn't have active pickups, does it - battery flat?  On second thoughts, you'd get nothing through the amp with a flat battery either...

As it turns out the Bass does have active pickups (didn't know that) and thankfully I had an extra 9v battery lying around so I was able to replace it and low and behold it is now working. How a battery that came with a brand new Bass goes flat in less than a month is beyond me and whats funny is that the battery states right on it extra long life. Well I learned something new today thankfully. 

Don't leave the 3.5mm (?) jack plugged in to it.  On mine, it constantly drains the battery, apparently.

• Like 2

I thought about that too and you are correct that I do leave the 3.5mm jack plugged into the bass at all times so I will start removing it when I am done playing. I didn't realize that the Bass had active pickups so I didn't know doing that would drain the battery so fast. 

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

A slight improvement, and a video! Was trying to break 2million but not enough time this eve. @@Joey and @@missis sumner I have the same issue, My Peavey takes 2 9v's so I invested in a battery charger takes approximately 12 to 15 hours to recharge and I play my cheapo jazz copy between charges, but it's saved me a fortune in extra life 9V's ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375182174

http://customsforge.com/videos/view-1305-amy-winehouse-you-know-im-no-good-charted-by-yledbetter-played-by-noony/

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Don't  known what issue you have with battery on active pickups.  In instruction is description, what need unplug jack when do not play. Because inserted  jack closes power from battery to pickups. I`m use EMG on all my guitars, one since the beginning of last year and bass, from mid-summer. No once  changed batteries. Always pull the jack after play.

• Like 4

not bad but one unexpected part throw me out for a short time

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150115/yr8hgarw.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I've only had one active bass -- my new 5 string Epi Thunderbird Pro.  I still have the battery that came with it, nearly a year old, with fairly regular play.  I don't ever leave the cable in when I'm not playing though.

I was sort of hoping for / expecting a more noticeable difference in volume output between my passive bass and the active pickups.  As it turned out, I don't really hear any volume difference when I plug them both in and turn up the volume pots to max.  Extra wood mass and size of the Thunderbird (it's pretty huge) makes a very nice warm tone and much better sustain, but volume wise it seems like a wash.

...And in other news I did a New Year revamp of my computer / Rocksmith space a few days ago.  Finally got my guitar neck-mount thingies anchored into the wall -- makes it nice and quick/easy to switch what I'm playing!

20150107_111817.jpg

20150107_111828.jpg

• Like 11

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Two questions, @@NoonyDeloony.

1. How did you change the colour of your strings?

2. How did you get the note names to show up on the fretboard?

Very impressed, BTW.  I still haven't got up to 100% in that song. :(

Two questions, @@NoonyDeloony.

1. How did you change the colour of your strings?

2. How did you get the note names to show up on the fretboard?

Very impressed, BTW.  I still haven't got up to 100% in that song. :(

Thank you :) you'll get the 100%, I didn't think I was going to manage it either, my nerves played havoc with me on this track :phear: use colour blind mode for my strings. It only changes yellow to green. Before my muscle memory improved, it was useful because the yellow/red/ orange strings being in close proximity made it hard for me to tell the difference, the green broke them up nicely enough to get that all important "mumemo" working. The fret board skin Kajin linked to me, I'll try dig out the link for you :)

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Here is my result for Intermediate Lead: 98.26%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375013123

I have to admit that I don't really like this song... (not the CDLC*, but the song itself)

*although I feel like the tone changes are too late sometimes, right?

that's right. But if I change this the stats of the CDLC will be reset? I'm not sure about this, and if new points of tone changes will reset the stats, how can I avoid this?

To be honest, I have no idea how you can even manage to make the stats reset!

The only sollution I could think of is to make a new Toolkit project for the update, or change the arrangement IDs manually.

When I do an update, all I do is overwrite the old REAL_PART_~ files with the new ones in the folder they are in. Then I click "Load Package", select my Toolkit project, change the version number and click generate.

How do you do it?

If you are unsure, you can just try it, but save the old psarc file in another folder. If the new psarc doesn't have any stats, you can always put the old one back in and your stats should still be there ;) (I think there is no such thing as "resetting" stats for a song... RS just sometimes sees a new version as a completely new song and thus starts with empty stats.)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@MilkmanDan - As good as it gets :)

I love your speakers !

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

ski holidays make that come a bit late in the week - happy to find time right now

Leader changes:

@palaty              BEG LEAD

@frippchen         MC LEAD (heavy battle)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2d91yqs.jpg

Nice rest of week everyone!!!!

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

99% should be possible, but for now this

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150115/6jetrtfe.jpg

and again sorry Latsch

• Like 4

Here is my result for Intermediate Lead: 98.26%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375013123

I have to admit that I don't really like this song... (not the CDLC*, but the song itself)

*although I feel like the tone changes are too late sometimes, right?

that's right. But if I change this the stats of the CDLC will be reset? I'm not sure about this, and if new points of tone changes will reset the stats, how can I avoid this?

To be honest, I have no idea how you can even manage to make the stats reset!

The only sollution I could think of is to make a new Toolkit project for the update, or change the arrangement IDs manually.

When I do an update, all I do is overwrite the old REAL_PART_~ files with the new ones in the folder they are in. Then I click "Load Package", select my Toolkit project, change the version number and click generate.

How do you do it?

If you are unsure, you can just try it, but save the old psarc file in another folder. If the new psarc doesn't have any stats, you can always put the old one back in and your stats should still be there ;) (I think there is no such thing as "resetting" stats for a song... RS just sometimes sees a new version as a completely new song and thus starts with empty stats.)

I think I do it the same way: if I do any changes in EOF just save and create  with the new Real Part file(s) new custom with the saved toolkit file. Just if any notes were changed its a complete new CDLC, with new tone change points I don't now, have to try this...

I really think you should ask some of the devs... I can change notes to what ever extend I like without RS thinking it is a new CDLC.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.