Intermediate: N/A
Advanced: @@MaZtoR
Masterclass: @

Bass
Beginner: @@KJParsley
Intermediate: N/E
Advanced: @@genobadass
Masterclass: @@Blazikiller

Congrats to all the winners. And who's going to be honorably mentioned this week? This guys and ladies and their 100% scores:

- on Lead Beginner - @, @@Latsch and @@then3verend

- on Rhythm Beginner - @@Joey

- on Bass Beginner- @@KJParsley, @@Joey, @@missis sumner, @Mortalo, @@NoonyDeloony, @@punchyrumble and @@then3verend

- on Bass Intermediate - @@then3verend

Who did Master Mode runs? @@Blazikiller with 99.63% on MC Bass and @@Latsch with 99.13% on Beg Lead and with 92% on MC Rhythm. Great work!

Videos? @?

! @@Nacholede?
! @@then3verend?
!

The songs for this week are:

Beginner:   Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good (Chosen by @@missis sumner )

Intermediate: Gotcha - Naked (Chosen by @ )

Advanced: Marty McFly And The Starlighters - Johnny B. Goode (Chosen by @@Nacholede )

Masterclass: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name  (Chosen by @@Mortalo )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:   N/A
Intermediate: Gotcha - Naked
Advanced:  N/A
Masterclass: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Gotcha - Naked
Intermediate: Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good
Advanced: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Masterclass: Marty McFly And The Starlighters - Johnny B. Goode

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men, playing in their class 5 weeks in row without pass (they have little more preference when choosing a song from song selection list for next week):

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Woo - I was just thinking this'll give me a push to get Amy Winehouse up to 100%, and then I've realised it's selected as an advanced bass song. :D

I don't think it's advanced though?  What did I rate it as?

It's certainly not as hard as last week's Muse or pirate song.

Are we having an easy week? :)

I will post my scores later, when I find time but let's talk about songs.

Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good - I never thought that I will play anything by Amy Winehouse, or even listen :) Lead is nice slow chord practice. Good for learning. Bass is not so hard but most likely trickier then Gotcha's one.

Gotcha - Naked - It's long time in a making. I played some months ago, when it was in SSL for the first time. Then it dissapeared, now reapeared and RNG made you enjoy it. It's low end Intermediate, but it shouldn't be cakewalk.

Marty McFly And The Starlighters - Johnny B. Goode - In week 26 we'd played Chuck Berry version, but as they differ in charts I decided to allow it for Championship. It's fun song, so you should like it.

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name - Oh yeah! My favorite Maiden song. Fast. Really fast. With fun hand-picking to start off, great lyrics and nice solo. I love it, you should love it too :D

• Like 2

Woo - I was just thinking this'll give me a push to get Amy Winehouse up to 100%, and then I've realised it's selected as an advanced bass song. :D

I don't think it's advanced though?  What did I rate it as?

It's certainly not as hard as last week's Muse or pirate song.

Are we having an easy week? :)

Easy week indeed. As it's Intermediate-level bass, all Advanced participants can decide not to level up at the end of the week. So you would be able to stay in Advanced, even if you'll get 100%.

• Like 4

Well, Marty McFly And The Starlighters - Johnny B. Goode is not a beginner bass. Sorry, I even played it before, so I should remember. It's MasterClass? I think it's more difficult then Maiden.

• Like 5

I hope it wasn't just me being crap on the Johnny B Goode.  I had had a little to drink. hic! :D

I'd agree that Winehouse is harder than Gotcha.  Not a lot in it though.

I'll try the Maiden tomorrow.  Getting a bit late for the neighbours now and I've had more to drink. ;)

• Like 1

Intermediate Lead - 92%, 204 streak

Beginner Bass - 99.66%, 434 streak

Gotcha!

Intermediate Bass - 98.09%, 152 streak

Rocksmith Championship where everything can happen!

Advanced Bass - 95%, 132 streak

Did I said that I love this one :)

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Gotcha Bass sounds great with very short notes

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150110/zjzbjz5q.jpg

then I wanted to play lead, but I have to fix one chord there in the first verse, last C#7/9 it's shown as pinched notes.... you will everytime loose your combo there

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

After playing all the bass songs, here's my verdict for each:

Gotcha - Naked - 3

I believe this is the easiest of the bunch, a little tough for beginners as there are some quickish fills that require shifting, but all in all the main riff is really simple, I'd probably rate it at about a 3.

Amy Winehouse - 5

A bit tougher than Gotcha as it has more shifting and utilizes all the strings more than the Gotcha tune. I'd rate it at about a 5.

McFly - Johnny - 6.5-7

This is a walking bassline that definitely is tougher than the above two. Walking basslines can be tough for those not experienced, I play electric and upright bass in a jazz band, so I'm quite familiar with walking basslines, so my view may be a bit biased I suppose. I'd probably rate it at about a 6.5-7 though, fun to play and the shifting is not very bad as the whole song is in two positions with one small pivot to the 11th fret somehwere in the song.

Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name - 7.75

I think this should stay as masterclass, it is the fastest of the bunch and has the most shifting and moving around, as well as having one-note phrase bass chords that I keep missing aha. This one I'd rate at around 7.5-8. If Johnny B Goodes BPM was a lot faster, it'd be tougher, but the walking bassline in it really isn't that tough once you get a grasp of where your fingers are.

• Like 5

I have only tried Johnny once (ooer, missis), but I'm sure if I gave it a go on riff repeater, I'd be a bit better than the 30%.  The patterns didn't look that complicated, I just couldn't hit any of them on my first go.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Gotcha- Naked v1.2 is out now.

Just this one chord fixed now on Lead.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

It's interesting with this B. Goode bass. I can swap it with Maiden, as it's fast. I really apreciate your opinion @@Blazikiller and I will listen to it, unless someone smart will convince me other way. (I hit 80% on Johnny, that why I had so harsh opinion on it)

Righto! First off, I've done something to my fretting hand/wrist, so I'm at a slight disadvantage at the moment. I'm hoping whatever has happened to it will right itself, at present it's a bit painful but I have had similar before and it usually goes away of it's own accord.

I did play all 4 songs though I didn't screenshot MC in time and I don't think I can manage another play-through tonight. 71% was a pretty shit attempt though, my brain to hand function wasn't quite working as for some reason my fingers were going D string instead of A string and vice versa A LOT! Usually when I have that problem it's because of my red/yellow/orange deficiency but muscle memory kind of fixed my issue with colour so this was more of a "brain fart" deficiency. I love Johnny B. Goode though so I'm going to give it a good college try this week in MC :)

Anyhoo, SCORES! :

B: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373077938I love this song :) dare I say, it's a bit hipster. I even had a toke of my electronic cigarette in the interval as it felt a bit decadent :D  I think this could be a low intermediate on any other week but a 3 or 3.5 in beginner for this week for sure... well imo :)

I: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=373078230I do like a bit of Amy Winehouse I must say, I really enjoy the BL on this track, I like little stairs up the fretboard :) Nice choice for Intermediate, a 4 I reckon. Cheers @@missis sumner for bringing her back to me :)

A: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44241471306595145/24A829170A1F4BF10F00E6C3A7EDAC03A8CC0C50/marked down on this so not a legit entry but I'd say it's not as difficult as JBG technically but it does have it's moments with chords. They're on a level par I think but for different reasons. 7.

MC: Johnny B Goode TBA. My thoughts on difficulty are that it's about a 7ish. Subjective opinion of course as I find these types of finger patterns quite easy after a few attempts and healthy wrists :)

• Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Johnny B Goode vs. Hallowed be thy name

http://s23.postimg.org/uldtqc0wr/2015_01_10_00006.jpg

First of all R.I.P. my pinky finger for playing this properly, its essentially a rolling scale in a blues form. It doesn't stop, nor slow down, and adds a few variants in the middle to screw your brain. 8

Hallowed be thy name: 99.7%

Although i scored lower its not that much of a difference in difficulty to be honest. It'll take me just as many tries as Johnny to get 100%

BUT

Johnny B Goode would be much harder to memorize(its a rolling scale with a few variants) for MM vs. Hallowed(two main riffs, easily countable in the RR)

So I say keep Johnny in MC, make it hard on me and @@Blazikiller to get a 100% MM

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I appreciate your opinion :) Thanks everyone.

Ok, it looks like it's going to stay how it is.

At least for now :P

First tries:

Beg Bass

2015-01-11_120835.jpg

Really didn't get into this song, not my cup-o-tea.  Difficulty wise, I'd equate it with low-med intermediate.

Difficulty:  4

Int Bass

2015-01-11_121407.jpg

I liked this one a lot on the other hand.  Difficulty about the same, but I found this one more fun personally so it was "easier" since I enjoyed it more.

Difficulty: 4

Adv Bass

2015-01-11_122221.jpg

I like a lot of metal, but Maiden never really grabs me.  This was par for the course in that way, very "meh".  Could do better but don't care to try.  Difficulty wise, I'd say it fits in advanced.

Difficulty: 7

MC Bass

2015-01-11_122940.jpg

Harder than it seems it should be, mainly because of the stretches (I'm not good at fretting with pinkie, so this is good practice at either forcing yourself to do that OR doing quick frethand shifts to get it done with ring finger instead).  And I like the song, so this will be the one I'll work on this week -- not expecting to give @@then3verend and @@Blazikiller a run for their money or anything, but I think I can improve from this starting point at least.  Difficulty is comparable to the Maiden song, but for very different reasons -- so some people will think A is harder than B and vice-versa depending on what they are most practiced at.

Difficulty: 7 (I think I'd personally give the tiebreaking edge to this one also, so I approve of it being the MC song)

• Like 7

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)