I need a lot of help, pls, its totally bugged!

Derby177

Question

hey guys i have 3 issues:

1. i own rocksmith 2014, and lets say i want to purchase the song "queen Bohemian rhapsody" and go to the steam store , it says: "You dont own rocksmith, buy rocksmith and try it again". but i own rocksmith, whats the matter? And paypal is right installed. why cant i donwload songs anymore?

2. Theres a strange sound coming from the Rocksmith speakers all the time. Its like, da bum, da bum, da bum. Like a stuttering. and i cant turn it out, its annoying, what can i do?

3. I downloaded a song from customforge, all installed in the right order, where my dlcs are (steam, steamapps, rocksmith2014, dlcs) , but if i load the song, nothing appears besides the rocksmith speakers. whats the problem?

15 answers to this question

1.  This is a glitch with Rocksmith DLC through Steam.  Steam has a policy of not allowing users to purchase dlc for games they do not own.  So in order to purchase dlc released for the original Rocksmith game you must own the original Rocksmith game.  

2.  Sounds like you have something causing interference with your speakers, or your guitar.  Try turning down the gain for your usb input (for the realtone cable).  Also try calibrating your guitar inside the game.

3.  Follow the steps from this thread to get customs to work in RS2014:

http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

1.  This is a glitch with Rocksmith DLC through Steam.  Steam has a policy of not allowing users to purchase dlc for games they do not own.  So in order to purchase dlc released for the original Rocksmith game you must own the original Rocksmith game.  

2.  Sounds like you have something causing interference with your speakers, or your guitar.  Try turning down the gain for your usb input (for the realtone cable).  Also try calibrating your guitar inside the game.

3.  Follow the steps from this thread to get customs to work in RS2014:

http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

1, Yes you mean i have to buy the normal Rocksmith too, besides the 2014 version? Where can i see which songs are for the 2014 version?

2. thanks it worked

3, thanks it worked

Yeah, you need to buy the original Rocksmith (or Rocksmith 2012 or RS1 as it's often referred to here) in order to play RS1 dlc.  

When browsing dlc in the Steam store you can tell which version of the game the dlc is for by looking at the graphic for each one.  The RS1 dlc has the Rocksmith logo on a brown background and just says "Rocksmith".

The Rocksmith 2014 dlc has a grey background and says "Rocksmith All New 2014 Edition".

Also, by date, all dlc released prior to Oct. 22, 2013 is for Rocksmith 1.

Glad you got the other issues worked out. 

• Like 1

Yeah, you need to buy the original Rocksmith (or Rocksmith 2012 or RS1 as it's often referred to here) in order to play RS1 dlc.  

When browsing dlc in the Steam store you can tell which version of the game the dlc is for by looking at the graphic for each one.  The RS1 dlc has the Rocksmith logo on a brown background and just says "Rocksmith".

The Rocksmith 2014 dlc has a grey background and says "Rocksmith All New 2014 Edition".

Also, by date, all dlc released prior to Oct. 22, 2013 is for Rocksmith 1.

Glad you got the other issues worked out. 

ah well, yes but i have to go to the steam store first, for every song, to see which version it requires. its a bit complicated. i dont have this brown logo or the grey background. but i can see it at least in the steam store, but only if i click on the song.

Are they Linkin Park DLC's?

Usually the latest release(s) for official DLC show up in the Learn A Song mode with locks on them.  I think it's Ubisoft's way of advertising the new DLC and enticing users to purchase them.

They shouldn't freeze your game though.  It could be that some of your files are corrupt.  

First though, just try quitting the game and relaunching.  Sometimes that fixes small issues with the game.

If that doesn't work:

Back up your customs (it's easiest if you keep them in a separate folder inside the dlc folder, for instance, a folder called "customs") and make sure you copy them to another location, and then check the game cache for errors.

To check the game cache:

Open Steam, click on "Library" to see your games, and then right-click on "Rocksmith 2014" and select "Properties".

Navigate to the "Local Files" tab (third tab from the left) and select "Verify integrity of game cache".  This will check all of the files for the game and make sure none of them are corrupted.  Any files that are corrupted will be redownloaded and replaced automatically.

I can't remember if it deletes the custom files from the dlc folder, which is why I suggest backing them up first.

After the integrity check is completed redownload the .dll file from the tutorial page (just like when using customs for the first time) and move your customs back into the dlc folder if they were removed.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

What guage of strings are you using?  Heavier gauge strings (10-46's, 11-52's, etc) will usually handle dropped tunings better.

You should also check the intonation for your guitar.  You can find lots of videos on YouTube on how to do it, but it can be a bit technical and overwhelming for beginners (I don't know what stage of learning or playing you're at).

If it seems too daunting, your best bet is to take your guitar into a local music shop and have it set up.  It's not too expensive and it will make your guitar sound and play better if it's properly set up.

What guage of strings are you using?  Heavier gauge strings (10-46's, 11-52's, etc) will usually handle dropped tunings better.

You should also check the intonation for your guitar.  You can find lots of videos on YouTube on how to do it, but it can be a bit technical and overwhelming for beginners (I don't know what stage of learning or playing you're at).

If it seems too daunting, your best bet is to take your guitar into a local music shop and have it set up.  It's not too expensive and it will make your guitar sound and play better if it's properly set up.

i think it are heavy strings. you need a lot power in your fingers to play bendings, its very hurtful^^

It's possible, and also likely, but that's not always an indication of heavy strings.  If your guitar is set up properly and once you've built up finger strength and bending technique, it's not that hard to bend heavy gauge strings.

I play with 11-52's, and I have no problems doing bends.  The only place it's noticeable is when bending on the lower frets (1st to 5th).  

Anyway, I would check your intonation.  To do a base check yourself, tune the guitar to normal E standard tuning.  Make sure it's tuned correctly when playing open notes (so not flat, and not sharp).

Play each open note (so each string open) and verify they are each tuned to pitch.  Then play each string at the 12th fret and verify they are also tuned perfectly (they should be the same notes as the open strings, E/A/D/G/B/e).

If the notes are off (either sharp or flat) then your intonation is off.  What that means is that the notes you play up and down the neck won't actually be properly tuned, which is why RS2014 isn't detecting correct notes.  This becomes more exaggerated with alternate tunings like Drop D.

There are ways that you can correct the intonation yourself, but as I said earlier, it can be a bit overwhelming and if you start messing around without actually knowing what you're doing, you can actually make things worse, not better.

But if you feel confident enough, there are videos and guides online that can help you out.

Also, if you just bought your guitar, and you bought it from a reputable music shop they will usually do at least 1 free setup within the first year.  Most will do it if even if you purchased a used guitar from them.