Rocksmith Real Tone Cable !HELP!

TranceXZero

Question

Ok so I've been wanting this question answered but can't find it anywhere and hoping you all can help. I first got Rocksmith for XBOX 360 and when I couldn't fix the lag with my current audio settings I gave up and waited for Rocksmith 2014 edition on PC. Since I got the game I have been using the Real tone cable that came with the original Rocksmith for XBOX 360. My question is, is there an issue in using the XBOX 360 cable and if so should I invest in buying a new cable on Amazon that was meant for the PC edition? Any help or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. (:

3 answers to this question

I believe all the cables are the same.  My PS3 one certainly works fine with my Mac and Rocksmith 2014 on Steam.

Edit: In fact I have two PS3 cables, one came with the original Rocksmith. :)

Yup, all of the cables are cross platform compatible.

The only difference is that the cables manufactured for the original Rocksmith game are only USB 2.0 compatible and the cables manufactured for Rocksmith 2014 are USB 2.0 AND USB 3.0 compatible.  That is the only difference.

I'm also using the cable that I purchased with RS2014 for ps3 on my Mac, and I also have an original RS1 cable that I use with multiplayer and for a backup.