GP tracks

Alain24601

Question

Hi there,

First time encountering this and looking for advice on

a-The easiest way of doing this and

b-The correct way of doing this...

My GP track has Lead Guitar, Rythym, Solo, Bass, Drum Kit, Vocals.

It looks like someone isolated the lead guitar solo on its own track. How do I go about merging it with the lead guitar track?

I assume it's not as easy as click drag and drop...

Do I even have to merge them or can I import both tracks. But wouldn't that mess up RS when loaded in? You only have a choice of lead, rythym or bass in RS2014...

Thanks for the info.

7 answers to this question

You need to cut and paste that solo onto your lead track in EoF.  Import the solo onto another track you're not using, like real_guitar22, real_bass22.  Select and copy the solo, then go to where you want to put it in the lead track, delete the notes in the lead where the solo goes, paste your new solo in, and line the new notes up to the beats.  If all your tracks are full in EoF, open up a second EoF, load your .notes file for your song and import other tracks you need.  You can also cut and paste between open applications of EoF.  Just make sure you "save as" and name your second copy of your .notes something else or it will overwrite your originals.

Also, you can't import the solo track on top of the lead track as it will just delete the lead and load the solo.

if you need some extra tracks (sometimes there are GP files with solos on multiple tracks)

you can change real bass 22 to a six string guitar as an extra place for temporary note storage.

And thank you for not being a douche bag and posting a custom with JUST the solo on the lead chart.

The truth is.....

I lied about everything.

EOF can only import one track from a GP file for each arrangement (meaning that if you import main lead and then import the solo, the parts previously imported would get overwritten and you'll end up with an empty track until the solo comes), so what you do is this, copy and paste the solo section to the same position on the lead track (Overwriting anything that may be on the way), that way when importing you'll have everything.

• Administrator

I prefer to do my mix on the guitar pro file in the first place by creating the number of track i need because you can need more than one lead or rhythm arrangement and then i import it in EOF.

Guitar Pro is made for this kind of edition on a partition while EOF doesn't really handle it well. For exemple you have to erase note where you want to paste new one or you'll get a messy mix of what was there before and the paste part.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity