Song Preview

war.hog

Question

Have to say, I didn't like the Ignition when I first checked it out.  Went back in yesterday and played with it for quite a while, and am now sold on it.  I guess it is because I am one of those people that have a hard time getting used to new things.

Not sure if this is a big thing for most people but I do miss the ability to hit the Play button in the old search, and hear the song before downloading or linking to another page.  It is not a huge deal, but was nice, when you look through and aren't completely sure on song title's etc.  

Otherwise, the Ignition is a nice upgrade.  Hopefully people will spend just a little bit of time with it before throwing out too much criticism.  I could have done this, but glad I didn't, because I now like it much better than the old.

5 answers to this question

Thank you for adding the song preview/play button.  It would be even better if previewing a second song would cancel the preview of

the first as it's possible to have half a dozen songs playing at once :lol:  Also, previewing a song automatically brings up the song info window and you have to close this or move it out of the way in order to stop the song preview (by clicking on the pause button) which opens the song info window again.  Much appreciate all the hard word put into Ignition so far.

As the blindman said, the song preview/play is a little bugged.  If you hit play, the preview window opens up.  To turn off the song, you have to close the preview first only to have it open up again when you stop the song from playing.

Old version:  push button once to play, push button again to stop

New version:  push button once to play, close window, push button to stop, close window again

It's a minor thing but it's progress in the wrong direction. 

Preview play mostly worked for a while, but now (last couple of weeks) none will play at all.  Whatever changed seems to have broken it.  It's a really important feature, so please try to get it going again.  Thanks!

Edit:  Seems to be working much better now.