Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

These are small features that can be optional in EOF. Bass picked and song, and preview volume so you won't have to fill in the toolkit. Maybe like Alternate arrangement check/uncheck option like the Bonus arrangement. I know you get alternate by arrangement order, but I wonder if you can force it in EOF.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

@@raynebc TWHfCCa.png

Basically adding another line next to "Bonus arrangement", for an "Alternate arrangement". As for Bass Picked, you can just make it a check/uncheck option when your in a Bass track. It will be greyed out if your in a guitar track.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

If memory serves and not being in fromt of my computer, there is no alternate attribute in XML. For my MacGyver CDLC I had “alternate lead” show up in-game simply due to the fact that I labelled two arrangements in the toolkit as lead without calling them bonus arrangements.

Probably doesn’t help anything here. But in case it did I thought i’d Share. If ever you need me to check that custom I can do so.

I think my metronome arrangements were labeled as alternate... prior to Remastered Max5 requirement.

Cheers

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• Administrator

Alt arrangement are determined by their order in which they are in the toolkit, i don't think there's any attribute outside of that so that's quite impossible to manage from EOF as far as i'm aware.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

But the represent attribute set by EOF in the xml is ignored by the toolkit as far as i'm aware. You can try it yourself, set 2 lead path, the one at the top is the bonus arrangement the other is not a bonus arrangement, you'll end up with a bonus and an alt but no default arrangement while the standard arrangement have the represent tag set to 1.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

According to this (at least based on the comments, without studying it very closely):

https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/blob/master/RocksmithTookitGUI/DLCPackageCreator/DLCPackageCreator.cs#L626

If the "represent" and "bonus" attributes are both 0, it's considered an alternate arrangement. I can make that change in EOF (that if the author specifies the arrangement is alternate, both of those attributes are written as 0) if the toolkit developers will confirm that the toolkit does or would be made to honor that. Then I'd just need to know what information EOF needs to get from the author (ie. does a represent attribute value of 5 mean it is alternate arrangement number 5)?

• Developer

Represent is either 1 or 0. If it's 1 then it's the main arrangement for the path (rhythm, lead, bass) and its stats will be the ones displayed in the Learn a Song list and elsewhere.

@@raynebc I thought you've guys talked about eof-toolkit xml thing when you have created this lightweight xml support? I'm sure that toolkit is able to read any propeties you'l fed it but sng\lib and gui part are separate so we "patch" xml files with tone names for autotone switch could work and such

I just need to know whether if EOF defines the properties as described, the toolkit will reflect that the imported arrangement is an alternate arrangement. If that's the case, I'll make the changes in EOF so the chart author can specify that a track is an alternate arrangement.

• Developer

@@raynebc This section of the code seems to address what you are asking about:  https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/blob/78afe484d5451687c8ee33fcd0af5f4f7cc0636c/RocksmithToolkitLib/DLCPackage/DLCPackageCreator.cs#L550

Short answer:  Yes the toolkit considers it an alternate arrangement when both represent and bonus are set to "0".  :)

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

OK. I'll need to figure out how to present this in EOF, probably something like a submenu where you pick "Normal", "Bonus" or "Alternate". I'm not sure what to call such a submenu though, since there's already an "Arrangement type" one to specify bass, rhythm, etc. Should that latter submenu be renamed to something like "Arrangement path" or something similar?

• Developer

@@raynebc The toolkit use arrangements as you have described and then each arrangement can be designate as a  'Bonus Arrangement' via a user checkbox.  If you keep the EOF arrangement structure the way it is now and add  new bonus arrangements, .e.g Lead_Bonus_RS2.xml, Bass_Bonus_RS2.xml, etc.  The toolkit will decode the xml based on the 'arrangementProperties' element 'bonusArr=' and 'represents=' condition.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

@@cozy1 Except that it's possible in the actual toolkit to get no default arrangement and only a alt and a bonus one for a given path even though the represent is set to 1 for what will become the alt arrangement.

Just do the following :

h35IBS5.png

Bonus is the first arrangement and the second arrangement should be the default as he have the represent set to 1 but in game, you end up with no default :

3gmgtmT.jpg

But only a bonus and an alt :

9Ju4SnV.jpg

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

@firekorn  Plz give me link to that CDLC.  I would like to see what you did and how it looks in the other toolkit screens.  Thks

• Developer

@@raynebc "will the toolkit classify an RS1 arrangement with a represent value of zero as an alternate arrangement?"

Yes

@@raynebc,

I don't remember if "Import/Lyrics" works with accented characters.

If my input lyrics file contains "é", it is not imported correctly in EOF. If I directly type it in EOF, it is correctly displayed.

Do I need to use a special encoding setting for my input file ?

Thanks