Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Administrator

For the crowd event, right now the need to go through the menu to get access to it feels like it's just making things slower, i doubt there's many key available for that though. It's not that big of a deal but that's really the kind of things where having maybe some quick access button on the interface might make things a lot better (for that and many other function which would allow to free some shortcut) but that's probably a lot more complicated or even impossible in the current state of EOF.

For mass fingering regarding drop power chord it's just that there's some part where adjusting fingering for those chord depending on each riff gets a bit tedious and you can only select similar chord to assign a similar fingering while those drop power chord could have the same fingering even though they have different fret. I'm not sure how it could be properly improved at the moment as i haven't put much thought into this yet.

I'll admit that at this point it's more a revamp of a good part of the interface that would actually interest me more but that's maybe asking for a lot :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You can use 4 keystrokes to get to it (ALT+B, R, E). There might not be much else I can do unless I eventually make all keyboard shortcuts customize-able (which would be a messy thing to tackle).

Regarding fingering, I'm not sure how simple it would be to allow the user to indicate a particular shape to be applied to multiple chords. A dialog where you can edit just fingerings (leaving fret numbers alone) might be do-able, but it would probably require that all selected notes had the same strings in use.

Wonder if there can be a feature of where you an set minimum note distance for a specific song your doing, and not by your preferences? Just wondering and I think it would be useful for most people when dealing with spacing between notes.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

There's no per-song setting for something like that. The only reason that preference exists is because some of the PC rhythm games are really picky/buggy about certain things. Maybe I could add something to get an equivalent effect, something like a function to select all notes that are within # ms of the next note. So for each track difficulty, you could do this and use scroll down or [ to shorten the note by one grid snap length and ensure that much distance exists between notes where possible. Let me know if this is close enough to what you're wanting.

• Administrator

@@raynebc i don't think i would ever remember correctly that combination to get to the event though especially since it's not something i use very often.

Right now the idea i have would be more about adding more things available more quickly on the interface as there's a big empty space in the information panel that is useless to the user but i guess touching the interface like this would be complicated (like having button for all the standard technique and such so that user can more easily find them at first sight when starting with EOF and it would allow you to free some hotkey for other more obscure stuff). But i honestly don't expect you to change this anytime soon.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

The problem with adding more stuff to the info panel is that it would not be visible in the default (smallest) window resolution. There was a pending feature request for a new panel (if the program window is wide enough) that could display other information (ie. keyboard shortcuts, arrangement type, number of phrases/sections, etc)), but I haven't pursued this yet. I could probably get a bit of this started soon, and have it auto-increase the window width to fit the third panel if it is enabled. We could all figure out what to display in it afterward.

• Administrator

@@raynebc i can understand the limitation but i doubt many of user use screen that aren't more than 800px wide (maybe a few are using a 1366 by 768 but i doubt that represent many user if any at all) which does leave some room. Even the default higher display value of 1024 by 768 have almost half of the info panel left unuse and i think you could even simply add height to reach 16/9 standard that is commonly used nowaday to add some element at the bottom (which would even allow to keep the double track display).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I updated my Mac to High Sierra. Thank god the keyboard input still works in RS, and CDLCs are still playable. Heres one problem though. I think EOF is not compatible with High Sierra. Just quits and disappears from the dock. Heres the eoflog.txt.

677: Logging started during program initialization at Sun Oct 29 01:31:03 2017
677: EOF v1.8RC12 (10-17-2017)
677: eof_load_config() entered
677: set_default_config() entered
677: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
677: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
677: 	Importing chord shape definitions
677: eof_load_chord_shape_definitions() entered
677: 	54 chord shape definitions imported
677: eof_set_display_mode() entered
677: eof_window_create() entered
677: eof_load_data() entered

Then i try to run EOF through terminal and see what it comes up with.

Last login: Sun Oct 29 01:09:15 on console
Coltons-iMac:~ DarkSeph22$ /Users/DarkSeph22/Desktop/RocksmithCDLCs/EOF.app/Contents/MacOS/eof ; exit;
2017-10-29 01:31:03.409 eof[1320:39237] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Bus error: 10
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Maybe it needs Quartz now?

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Sounds like Mac removed support for Allegro 4 graphics, which would pretty much kill the ability to run EOF. Porting EOF to another graphics library is probably not something that will happen anytime soon, as I'd need a lot of help from somebody familiar with Allegro 4 and its replacement Allegro 5. Going back to the previous version of Mac OS is probably the only immediate viable solution to use EOF again.

Can something be done with GP import of slides in from below/above? Such slides currently imported simply as unpitched slides, and this looks ok in Rocksmith only when the slide is short, but instead often looks like weird super long 1 fret side. My suggestion is to import those slides as regular note with some mark bellow notifying that this is slide from below/above (similarly to how trills imported). This way it will look closer to what supposed to be played if left untouched and can be easily fixed with added short linked slide before the note.

I don't understanding the recommendation, do you want EOF to mark/highlight the note to make it obvious it will need manual correction?

About the Mac OS High Sierra issue, it would be interesting if any other Mac users could confirm whether this OS update completely stops displaying EOF. If that's the case, it can be more clearly stated in EOF's OS requirements.

Yes, my main point is that that you can't tell that this should be slide-in just by looking at it in eof. But I also think that this is more a sustained note (that you should play by sliding into), than a slide so it shouldn't be imported as a slide.

Though if there is no easy way to mark slide from below differently from slide from above then it should be left as a slide.

• Administrator

I think we already had that discussion quite some time ago, not sure what was the result of it...

IMO, this should be fixed in GP first anyway as a few other things so that the import into EOF works in the best way possible. If you ask me, those slide in are easy to spot in EOF too as they are rarely in a situation where you could think there is an actual slide out required and the fret number is usually off by one compare to the other note around it which makes it go off scale.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi. I thought so, too. But I am using macOS, latest. And I just found there are issues that make it impossible to run under latest macOS. What is your platform?

It had been assumed, but nobody formally confirmed this yet. Are you saying that you are using Mac OS X High Sierra and get the same results that @@I)ark_Seph described?

@@raynebc, maybe I'm missing something but is tthere way to import lyrics from rs2 xml in new eof? it constantly fails on me while old version doesn't, maybe it's because you've added extended ascii characters support and messed up something? I haven't checked in code yet...
can we accept unicode on new vocals track called Unicode vocals (including russian\japanese\chinese etc im' sure there's bsd unicode fonts if you can't link system one)

@@raynebc yup, here's the files, i can't import it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcHc-R6hzlUIyW3h0EWDIebTMKs3TWHO
I can try clean install eof if required

weird thing, it worked for you and I've got latest hotfix and it's the same with or w\o ext ascii support

On the latest hotfix, I can open your posted EOF project file then File>Import>Lyric to import the posted lyric file and 293 lyrics are imported.

Are you getting a consistent error message? What does the log file show as far as the error goes? If you temporarily rename your eof.cfg file so that it reverts to all defaults on next launch, does it still fail?

@@raynebc, got an issue with another song here's part in log where it says error
"247: eof_switch_in_callback() entered
247:         Detecting lyric format.
247:         Parsing lyrics.
247: eof_prepare_undo() entered
247: eof_undo_add() entered
247: eof_save_song() entered
247: Saving to file "temp\eof247-001.undo"
247:     Save completed
247: EOF_IMPORT_VIA_LC() entered
247:         Error:  Invalid lyric file
247: eof_undo_apply() entered"

plus it was UTF-8 BOM so it kinda explains why and header was

instead of

and I forget to change vocals count to actual count and then all goes smooth, thanks for your time :)