Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I thought about adding something like that before, I just wasn't sure how to implement it. Would everybody want it to just flag notes that aren't grid snapped based on the CURRENT grid snap setting, or would they have to be out of grid snap for all of the built-in settings (ie. 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/24, 1/32, etc)? I also might have to make the notes highlighted instead of just changing the vertical position line, since that can be hard to see depending on how many gems the note has in the middle strings.

I think that its probably better to take all grid snap values in consideration, if a note fails to be grid snapped to one of those values display it. Additional a second setting that does that only based on the current selected grid snap could be also possible.

The vertical position line was just a quick though from me. Highlighting is fine as long as its good visible.

That would be a very useful feature. I think just showing notes that don't fit the active snap would be most useful, since I haven't seen very many songs that require multiple values.

Would it possible to add an extra feature to the re-snap note dialog box that appears when notes would snap to the same location?

It'd be very useful if EOF would seek to the location of the notes causing the error and allow you to cancel the merge.

i have an issue with frethand mutes. How do i give it a handshape if its a chord? if i select all chords that are frethand muted and hit F and enter the handshape the mute (x sign) goes away and they are shown in eof as regular chords.

If i enter nothing and let eof do add the handshape in the xml the fingerings are all -1 and in the game they get the handshape from the chord before the frethand mute and dont get displayed with a white x.

funny thing is that in the lead arrangement there is a part where before the frethand mutes there is only one note and there it works, the frethand mutes are displayed in the game as frethand mutes.

The chord before the frethand mutes is a 2/4/4 (F#5) and the frethand mute is a 4/4/4. The frethand mute gets the frethand shape of the F#5, does eof think that its the same shape? The song is in E Standard.

Is there some sort of E stardard to Drop D bug.

Here is the .eof http://www.sendspace.com/file/9tk91z

Frethand mutes start at measure 75 in the Rhythm arr. All frethand mutes in this arr get in the game the handshape of the F#5 chord.

In the lead arr at measure 113 the frethand mutes work in the game

Would it possible to add an extra feature to the re-snap note dialog box that appears when notes would snap to the same location?It'd be very useful if EOF would seek to the location of the notes causing the error and allow you to cancel the merge.

I'll look into it. 

i have an issue with frethand mutes. How do i give it a handshape if its a chord? if i select all chords that are frethand muted and hit F and enter the handshape the mute (x sign) goes away and they are shown in eof as regular chords.

By design, completely fret hand muted chords are appended to the previous chord's handshape tag (unless the fret hand muted chords are preceded by single notes). To force a new handshape tag on any chord, apply "crazy" status (select it and press T). 

Is there some sort of E stardard to Drop D bug.

Please be more specific. If you mean the chord name reflects standard tuning instead of the tuning in use for the track, this was a deliberate change based on the wants of the community. The "Track>Pro guitar>Ignore tuning/capo" option is enabled by default now.

About FHP, raynebc, can I ask you change logic about open notes, I like when they are left on same FHP with last fretted notes was on.For example I got 0-7/1-0-1-0-7/1And mine open note are comes to 7 FHP, but i prefer to see it on same line it was before, Hope someone else can confirm that its wise.:)

I think it depends on the author's preference. Having the FHP update to the position needed by the next fretted note allows more time for the player to adjust to the change, but as long as the camera movement in Rocksmith is efficient, it might not matter much. I personally think it may be better to leave it as-is for the default behavior, but maybe this can be a user preference or something. Should I look into adding one?

I have no special rules that used for RS charts, for now It's better just think of it, decide how this should work and how it actually is in RS... I'll do some researches about it but if any charters would like to help - I'd like to take their help :)

I didn't immediately see a consistent rule. In the bass arrangement for "Higher Ground" for example, near the beginning it goes fret 2, 0, 3 and places the FHP change on 3. Then a second later it goes 7, 0, 0, 2 and places the FHP change on the first of those open notes.

ladno, bez primerov menya ne poimut :)PS.I got project where I got crash caused by FHPs here > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zOE-7JCxwjWC1VZXVzcE14dVE/edit?usp=sharinghope you solve this one easily, I solved it for me by regenerating FHPs :)

Are you saying that the game crashed, or EOF crashed? If the game crashed, at around what time did it crash? Was there anything that indicated that it was the fret hand positions that caused it? If EOF crashed, what steps do you have to take after opening that project file before the crash occurs?

I couldn't reproduce a crash after moving beat markers around the 15-20 second point for a couple of minutes, but I'd think Rocksmith crashing and EOF crashing is more likely to be a coincidence instead of a common problem. If you can reproduce the crash on demand with exact steps (ie. open project, move beat #X, crash), it will make it easier to identify and fix any problem present.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1313) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where if the first beat marker wasn't at 0ms, the grid lines couldn't draw while the gap before the first beat marker was visible on screen.

*Fixed a problem where middle clicking on a note to bring up the edit pro guitar note dialog could cause checkboxes to be activated or cleared based on the mouse position. The dialog is now not opened until the middle click is released.

*Added a "File>Display>Redraw" function that will rebuild the EOF window in unusual cases where it stops updating, such as if you leave it running after a Remote Desktop session. The SHIFT+F5 keyboard shortcut has been assigned to this function.

*Added functions to the "Note>Rocksmith" menu to toggle or remove the "ignore" status for selected notes.

*Improved the "Note>Resnap" function to warn if notes will be combined at the same position before it happens, so that the operation can be stopped.

What about the generation of the "transcriptionTrack" tag, by EOF ?  Is it still on your to-do list ?

It's still on the to-do list. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to implement this.

I'm wondering what would happen if I set the entire song to Ignore? It'd be a different type of master mode -- you can choose to play the notes, or choose to improvize around them.

I'm guessing the notes will all show up just won't be required for scoring.

By design, completely fret hand muted chords are appended to the previous chord's handshape tag (unless the fret hand muted chords are preceded by single notes). To force a new handshape tag on any chord, apply "crazy" status (select it and press T).

I cant get it sorted out with marked as crazy, the issue still stays.

I uploaded you a package with the xml files, eof file a picture how it looks in the game and the file for the game maybe you can tell me what went wrong with it. If you look at the picture the frethand mutes get recognized as palm muted but they are not palm muted besides that the frethand mutes have in the game the same shape as that chord before the frethand mutes.

btw. i removed the unpitched slide from that chord in the picture because i thought that the issue could be caused by that but still no luck.

Here is the file. The password is your username. The issue starts around 120 seconds into the song and repeats.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ittiz

Edit: it looks like the small X in the game means that its a frethand mute, but still if you look at the picture in the game it looks like you strum first the 2/4/4 chord and then frethand mute that shape but thats not how its charted, i charted it as first the 2/4/4 and then the frethand mutes over 4/4/4.

Im expecting the game to show me the gems with the white x over string EAD at fret 4 and not that chord repeate shape.

In the project, you have the non muted chord marked as crazy, but that won't do what you're wanting. You have to mark the fret hand muted chord as crazy instead:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/forcingnewhandshape_zps6fe291e8.jpg

The XML shows that the string muted chords begin with a new hand shape:

The F#5 chord:

<chord time="119.915" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="6" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"><chordNote time="119.915" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="119.915" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="3" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="119.915" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="4" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/></chord>
The handshape for that F#5 chord:

<handShape chordId="6" endTime="120.116" startTime="119.915"/>
The first of the string muted chords that follow it:

<chord time="120.316" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="3" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"><chordNote time="120.316" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="120.316" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="120.316" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/></chord><chord time="120.517" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="3" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"><chordNote time="120.517" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="120.517" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/><chordNote time="120.517" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="4" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/></chord>
The new handshape for the string muted chords:

<handShape chordId="3" endTime="121.822" startTime="120.316"/>
The XML shows that the chords are defined as fret hand mutes and not palm mutes, so if they're not displaying with the correct notation in-game, it doesn't seem to be an issue with EOF.

That worked thanks

So it looks like the only way to give that frethand muted chord that is marked as crazy a handshape is to edit the handshape in the xml right (chord ID 3)?

Edit:

yep that works too.

If i edit chord ID 3 and write a 4  all the frethand mutes get in the game a handshape with a 4 (pinky), thats exaclty how how i wanted it to be in the first place.

<chordTemplate chordName="" displayName="" finger0="4" finger1="4" finger2="4" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="4" fret1="4" fret2="4" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>

still i think that it would be good to enter that using F in eof instead of always have to edit the xml.

You can do that but you have to author the string mutes a very specific way: Author them as chords where the strings are fretted on fret 4, then define the fingering to use the desired finger, then do either of the following:

1. Use the "Note>Pro guitar>Toggle string mute" function (SHIFT+X).

or

2. Go into the edit pro guitar note dialog (Press N while the chord is highlighted) and check the "mute" box for each of the used strings in the chord.

This will define the fingering AND mark it as fret hand muted. Keep in mind that other instances of the _ _ _ X X X chord have to have their fingering defined as well or else EOF can export the chord template as not having any fingering defined. EOF does not create different chord templates for identical chords that just have a different fingering.

ok i removed the frethand mute signs, selected the first chord, hit f and entered the fingerings, now i used N and muted the strings and as the last thing i hit T to mark them as crazy.

similar things for the other frethand muted chords after the first one, i removed first the frethand mute sign, hit f and entered the fingering, hit N and checked mute.

but after saving in the xml file the chordshape does still have the fingers written with -1

<chordTemplate chordName="" displayName="" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="4" fret1="4" fret2="4" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>

its strange, if i remove the mute and hit f to see if the fingerings are still there, they are still there.

Here is the modified .eof

http://www.sendspace.com/file/alqcs3

Besides that maybe you should change in EOF the X, for example when using shift+x show in the highway a big X and when using ctrl+x show it with a small x or you can change the color and so on.

I guess Rocksmith won't display the fingering if the chordNote defines fingers used but the chord template does not. EOF is forcing -1 (unused) for the fingering of muted strings in chord templates (ie. the way it was done for Rocksmith 1), I'll have to look into improving this.

Using SOX we can apply fade effect to some audio file.Here bat-file for sox for win32 :)works great through.

rem Example of how to do batch processing with SoX on MS-Windows.remrem Place this file in the same folder as sox.exe (& rename it as appropriate).rem You can then drag and drop a selection of files onto the batch file (orrem onto a `short-cut' to it).remrem In this example, the Processed files end up in a folder called `Processed',rem but this, of course, can be changed, as can the parameters to the soxrem command.cd %~dp0mkdir ProcessedFOR %%A IN (%*) DO sox %%A "Processed/%%~nxA" fade t 00:00:01 0pause

Hope you'll use some :)