Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I tried the latest EOF hotfix compared to the version you used, but the XML for that part of the arrangement seemed to generally by the same. If you're sure you're using the latest toolkit, it might be worth asking the toolkit devs, as the chords are all written as low density in the XML as needed.

@@raynebc I downloaded the lastest version of EOF, created again the XML file and tested it in the game. Nothing happens. It supose to work exactly how i wrote it, right? Maybe the problem is the rocksmith toolkit that doesn't support this feature.
I noticed that every partial variation of the handshape have the fret hand positions (2-1-2). Is that right?   

A330D584E.png

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I ask about the toolkit because it didn't always support the ability to have low density chords inside of a handshape. As far as I remember, the toolkit now honors the high/low density of chords regardless of where they are. It would be expected that the fingering animation stays the same throughout the entire handshape. Otherwise you would have to define multiple handshape phrases and just time them so that they are back to back with minimal gap between them.

I ask about the toolkit because it didn't always support the ability to have low density chords inside of a handshape. As far as I remember, the toolkit now honors the high/low density of chords regardless of where they are. It would be expected that the fingering animation stays the same throughout the entire handshape. Otherwise you would have to define multiple handshape phrases and just time them so that they are back to back with minimal gap between them.

That's right, but if i make multiple handshapes then i have multiple chord tags instead one single chord tag along all the variations. Also can make it with ghost handshapes but have the same issue with the tag. So, the problem is in the XML file or the RS toolkit?

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

@@raynebc, last thing I remember is hidens status, I've added code posted by Chlipouni, if he did that part it should be supported, unfortunately toolkit's code is way legacy to quickly answer this question :D

Another alternative would be to give the chords inside the handshape the "split" status, so that all notes in the chord are visible in game as single notes.

It's true, but i only like to use split status sometimes when a chord has a slide. Also, the split status don't have a good recognition when you strum fast all the notes, you must do a "rasgueado" to detect the notes individually

80C651DEE.png

That's right, but if i make multiple handshapes then i have multiple chord tags instead one single chord tag along all the variations. Also can make it with ghost handshapes but have the same issue with the tag. So, the problem is in the XML file or the RS toolkit?

You could always select the follow-on sub-chords in their new concatendated handshapes  and do Note>Edit Name and press space bar to give it a dummy blank name. Hit ok.  If there are two successive handshapes with different subchords, to avoid the slash (slash = repeat of previous name in 3D view of EoF), then simply set the different sub-chords with a different number of space bar hits. Hit ok.

Seems to work nicely in EoF. Haven't tried in game, but it should work.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@raynebc - A couple of things in the latest version that I noticed were kind of weird:

1) When I get the warning about how a FHP isn't redefined for each level of the difficult and allow EoF to correct the issue, it seems to add an FHP at the beat before the new section/phrase begins. This isn't too big a deal, but it seems that adding an FHP "change" (even if it's the same FHP as before) mid-handshape seems to break the handshape, which can be visually distracting when strumming the same chord repeatedly and the highlighting along the note highway disappears for a beat seemingly at random.

2) When importing lyrics produced by Ultrastar Creator, it seems that the character ' imports as ^. So "that's" will import as "that^s", for example. I've been changing it back manually, but it seems weird.

Another thing regarding lyrics. We currently get a warning if there are lyrics that are outside of a line marking. Would it be possible that in conjunction with this warning that EoF would seek to the first occurrence of this (as it does with many other warnings)? They're pretty much never intentional and it would make fixing it much easier.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

1) When I get the warning about how a FHP isn't redefined for each level of the difficult and allow EoF to correct the issue, it seems to add an FHP at the beat before the new section/phrase begins.

Could you provide a short example project file demonstrating this?

2) When importing lyrics produced by Ultrastar Creator, it seems that the character ' imports as ^. So "that's" will import as "that^s", for example. I've been changing it back manually, but it seems weird.

This happens with lyrics that are pasted in instead of typed, usually because instead of a real apostrophe it's a Unicode variant like a "smart apostrophe".

Another thing regarding lyrics. We currently get a warning if there are lyrics that are outside of a line marking. Would it be possible that in conjunction with this warning that EoF would seek to the first occurrence of this (as it does with many other warnings)?

Sure.

• Administrator

@@raynebc About albatross FHP issue, i think it's linked to section that aren't in the same place in different track, i've noticed that other track are subject to side effect of section in other track, i have to build a nice presentation of this but i think i've figure out the reason...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@raynebc - In case it helps, here's a folder with some EoF files where it appeared on recent saves (and I made sure that the backup files were from before the change). In The Prisoner it happens in measure 22 almost spot on the 1:20 mark (and probably other places, but that's the one it took me to). In Blackout it happens in measure 6 at about the 9.5 second mark.

In the latter custom the sections are defined for every path throughout the song, so I don't think it's simply due to different sectioning on different paths. In The Prisoner there are sections specifically for the lead path, but they occur way later than where the extra FHP appeared.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@raynebc, I've got issue when if i enable midi tones at bass then switch out to another window, then enable another track (guitar) then list to it it plays bass midi tones, when i hit enable\disable button again it's enables midi tones for guitar and when i swich back to bass i'm unable to switch off midi tones, can we have separate midi tones for each track then? for each track to enable\disable you need to switch to one and hit shift+t ?? or just single for active track :)

I think I can fix the problem about the wrong MIDI instrument voice being in effect when switching between EOF instances. This is a computer-wide setting and currently EOF only changes the MIDI "voice" when it knows it needs to (ie. changed tracks within the instance of EOF doing the playback). I just want to make sure what you're asking for is for the current EOF instance to always reset the active MIDI instrument in effect for the OS' MIDI device when MIDI tone playback begins instead of the ability to enable/disable MIDI tones for individual tracks (which I can't immediately see a useful purpose for).

About the being unable to switch off MIDI tones, is it just the above issue, or are you able to reproduce a scenario where an EOF instance that has MIDI tones on refuses to allow you to turn them off?

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (9-14-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a warning during startup if EOF is being run in Windows and is located within one of the "Program files" folders, as Windows has security mechanisms that will interfere with normal program behavior.

*Altered MIDI tone logic so that the instrument voice in effect is updated for each note. This should prevent the wrong tone from being used even if multiple EOF instances are in use.

*Added a "Warn about missing bass FHPs" import/export preference that can be disabled to suppress the warning about no fret hand positions being defined in bass arrangements.

*Fixed bugs with the fret hand position check that places the position again at each RS phrase change.

*Added "Link to RocksmithToTab" and "Export guitar pro" functions to the file menu, allowing the command line RocksmithToTab utility to be used to create a GP5 file of the active project.

• Like 6

@@raynebc, is there any way to ship RS2014-ready version of eof, so n00bs doesn't need to ask about "export rs2 files" oprions and else eof basics ? I just saw one at rs cdlc tutorial :)

• Like 1

Enabling RS2 export as a default probably wouldn't be a bad idea, it's a minor change. I'm a bit hesitant to not keep the FoF export option enabled by default because that behavior has been the same during EOF's entire existence. I don't think that matters though, there are probably few/no FoF rules that are enforced for pro guitar/bass tracks.

This export configuration change will take effect for "new" EOF installations where a configuration file doesn't already exist, but anybody that already has an eof.cfg file in their EOF folder won't get RS2 export enabled automatically.

• Like 1

Hi raynebc,

As the order of attributes in a XML file doesn't matter, it would be nice if EOF could generate the attributes by placing the most important ones at the beginning of their tag.

That would greatly improve the readibility of XML files for those who need to analyze them.

As an example instead of this :

<note time="2" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />

I would like to obtain this :

<note time="2" string="3" fret="12" sustain="0" ... />

For the technics, I have no particular order to suggest, but grouping them by family would be nice.

Edit : An other example is about the handShapes, the "startTime" should be generated before the "endTime"

Thank you very much ...