Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

At the risk of being wrong yet again :(

I read that you did some work on how chord slides are imported, so that the numbering reflects the "new" way EoF wants to export chord slides.

I think unpitched chord slides need updating too

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyY2loNG80MFYyRE0/view?usp=sharing

I think that the unpitched slide number should be a 3 not a 4, for the desired effect in game.  I will manually change this to normal slides anyway (personal preference), but I thought I would point it out.

GP file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyZzE3Y1llajBBZW8/view?usp=sharing

And it is 12-24-2015 that I used.

Thanks again Raynebc the time stretch option is remembered now and the "Offer to auto complete fingering" works too and saves a lot of time and clicks.

I noticed with the new update using ghost notes as a way to manipulate fhp is a little different.

http://i.imgur.com/9rAvQ8Q.png

This would normally be an open E, but now it's displays both notes and is written as an arpeggio. (no other options like ghost hs were selected)

I think that the unpitched slide number should be a 3 not a 4, for the desired effect in game.

I've fixed this.

I noticed with the new update using ghost notes as a way to manipulate fhp is a little different.

http://i.imgur.com/9rAvQ8Q.png

This would normally be an open E, but now it's displays both notes and is written as an arpeggio.

Looks like this started a couple hotfixes ago, I'll need to look into it.

I finally think I got the chordnote combining logic going. This:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/chordnote%20linknext%20combination_zpsidm6aup0.jpg

will now export like this:

<note time="0.750" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="1" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.750" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="1" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="1.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
The notes on the D string are all combined into the one chordnote. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for this feature.

Hi raynebc,

I figured I'd respond to your post in the original thread here with my test results and observations using the latest Hotfix 12-24-2015.

Thanks again so much for putting effort to this. Such a cool sounding effect that it's great that we have it in game.

Cheers!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Are lyrics supposed to move with beat markers?

Cause in 12-24-15 they do.  If its expected behavior fair enough, if its not I can upload some files.

Also, if you make an E5 chord in 12-24-2015

and finger it like

-    (blank)

it shows up as D5 in game (copy/paste error in EoF on my part, but that's how I noticed).

I'm pretty sure my files can show that too.  Check the penultimate chord in Rhythm in my Auld Lang Syne.  I fixed the Lead by altering fingering in EoF.

Happy New Year :D

@@PC Plum - I think for most purposes lyrics are treated like notes and thus stay snapped to the same place relative to the beats as you move them. It's expected behavior.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Like albatross213 mentioned, lyrics are allowed to auto-adjust the same way notes do. You can toggle that preference on/off or invert the preference for individual beat click+drag operations by holding SHIFT.

As for the chord naming issue you mentioned, I couldn't reproduce it. Can you make a simplified project file demonstrating this issue?

• Like 1

Well assumption is the mother of all cock-ups...  I presumed that changing fingering would solve the issue, I was

wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyNlE4X3JYQmN5V1E/view?usp=sharing

Check in the separate folder for the correct EoF file (although the top level one probably does it too, I didn't want to erase it in case it was needed). 

It is definitely EoF, as the last "E5" shows as / (repeat of previous D5) in EoF instead of E5.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyUEQ5clNjalBSQlU/view?usp=sharing

Like I said I built it using copy/paste, so its probably a copy of a D5 chord.  I can't be sure, sorry.

Have fun :D

The E5 chord is manually named "D5", this would indeed have been allowed to carry over from copy+pasting a chord with a name manually defined. Using "edit pro guitar note" or "edit name" to remove (to allow chord lookup to automatically name) or manually correct the specified name should fix that problem.

I haven't the foggiest what you are on about, so it's safe to say I did not do any of that.  Or not do it...

What I did do was use a Rocksmith Import to get at the tabs in a separate instance of EoF.  Then copy/pasted over.  Then copy/pasted internally.

That particular chord, on thinking, was a copy from the preceding D5, and I took the musical decision to change it to an E5 (by rolling the mousewheel down and hitting the down arrow).

It must have come from the old .psarc.

Gimme a couple of days and I will erase and manually build in EoF, see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again :D

If you select the double stop in question and press N or use "Note>Edit name", it will show the note has a name of "D5" defined for it. Chord names get imported from the XML files during Rocksmith import. My previous suggestions to erase the name will resolve the problem and allow it to get an automatically defined name during export.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where slide in/out techniques could import with the wrong end of slide values during GP import.

*Reverted a change in the 12-2-2015 commit that prevented a partially ghosted chord from being split up into a single note if it had only one non ghosted gem.

*Fixed a bug where a base chord of tech notes would be placed at the beginning of an arpeggio/handshape phrase if that phrase had any tech notes in it.

*Corrected the handling of chords with crazy status inside of handshape phrases to export as both chords AND single notes as intended, to mimic a chord box inside a handshape.

*Improved the RS2 export of linked, crazy chords inside of handshape phrases. When single notes are created from such chords, the single notes will now reflect the combined sustain and linknext statuses that the corresponding chordnote tag does for that gem of the chord.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-9-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved GP import so that if any difficulty-specific tremolo phrases are imported (occurs when the "GP import replaces active track" preference is disabled), EOF offers to remove the difficulty limit to reveal these phrases.

*Added a new "Hi Dens" pro guitar note status that causes RS2 export to treat chords with this status so that they export as high density chords (repeat lines), pending this new capability from the Rocksmith Toolkit.

• Like 2

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1-9-2016) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved GP import so that if any difficulty-specific tremolo phrases are imported (occurs when the "GP import replaces active track" preference is disabled), EOF offers to remove the difficulty limit to reveal these phrases.

*Added a new "Hi Dens" pro guitar note status that causes RS2 export to treat chords with this status so that they export as high density chords (repeat lines), pending this new capability from the Rocksmith Toolkit.

Is it possible to make double stops bends showing without the box like in the minute 3:02 of this video i've made of one of my custom songs?

I really, really like the new mode of the hand shapes. When a chord is inside of a handshape, it only shows its box (maintaining the fingering) but if you wanna show it you only have to mark it with crazy status. Now the ghost handshape doesn't have much sense, but i think the double stops look better without the box like in the video. Also in the minute 3:08 you can see that there are 2 double stops with the box, because in previous version of EOF i was able to do that.

Maybe there's a way with this new version of EOF to make this, but now i don't know how :D

Last thing: about the lyrics phrases being separated in two lines. Obviously is not a problem of EOF, because it creates the "VOCALS.XML" correctly (no break in lyric phrase). The problem is in the RS toolkit. Is it possible to make an update?

• Like 1

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

At this time, the only way to have a chord without the box is to start each note at a separate timestamp (ie. at least 1ms apart). Some of the previous revisions would split up a chord that was in a handshape into single notes without a chord box if the chord was crazy, but this has been changing lately based on user feedback and upcoming changes to the toolkit that will allow proper chord boxes to display within the middle of a handshape. I can see that the ability to still split up chords into single notes this way without having to specifically alter their start times could be useful for some authors, but I'd probably have to create a new status to apply to chords for this. Let me know what you guys think.

About the lyric line issue, can you check with the toolkit developers or open a ticket (https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/issues)? It might help them to mention some examples of official DLC with long lyric lines, and provide a custom song that reproduces a comparable lyric line being broken up in-game.

• Like 1

Hey Raynebc,

I have a suggestion for the FHP generator.  Can you have EOF create an FHP at the start of each phrase?

A problem occurs when notes starts after the phrase starts.  If no FHP is created at the start of a new phrase, it will show the FHP for the lowest DD level of the previous phrase until the next note.

If you'd like to see an example of an official on-disk chart creating an FHP at the start of a new phrase (rather than only the first note of a new phrase) these are from the songs "All I Want" and "Angela".

http://imgur.com/a/UooNL

If a test file is necessary, I can provide one.

Another thing to mention; Official charts don't seem to care to add an FHP during phrases when there are no notes at all.

@@Rockfirstlast, should it be in DDC or it's already there?

I'm not sure how the DDC works.

"Use it or lose it";  I decided to manually add DD in the last custom I did (so I wouldn't forget how in the future).  That's when I noticed the weird jumps in FHPs.  The problem was fixed by adding FHP to the start of each phrase when it wasn't done automatically.

Playing other customs I've seen those weird jumps before so I thought I'd post this info.