Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (12-2-2015) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a bug with the previous hotfix where an arpeggio or handshape phrase whose base chord has only one non ghosted gem would incorrectly export as two single notes instead of one note.
*Changed RS2 export so that if a chord is inside a handshape phrase and is marked as crazy, it will export as both a chord and single notes to simulate a chord box within the handshape phrase.

• Like 7

It looks like this is due to an error in the authoring of the Guitar Pro file itself. In measure 30 of the lead track, at the position of the first open note, if you click on the A string, it shows that tie notation was placed on that string to imply that the last note that was played on that string (11 measures ago in measure #19) extended all the way there, overlapping all other notes between those two points. EOF doesn't refuse the ability to do this, because there are probably some scenarios where somebody would want to do such a thing.

How do you load up a .bak file?

I did a sync just then, thought I'd saved it but I hadn't :(

I see a .bak file in the EoF folder but dunno how to load it up...

Edit - sweet I took the .backup and .bak part out of the filename and it loaded no problem.

Saved me 10 mins and a needless re-sync :D

• Like 1

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (12-2-2015) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with the previous hotfix where an arpeggio or handshape phrase whose base chord has only one non ghosted gem would incorrectly export as two single notes instead of one note.

*Changed RS2 export so that if a chord is inside a handshape phrase and is marked as crazy, it will export as both a chord and single notes to simulate a chord box within the handshape phrase.

Hi raynebc,

I tried to use the crazy chord inside a handShape. It works fine but it is not very nice in the game (the single notes overlap the chord notes and are visible because they move in a circular way).

In my opinion, it would be better to generate only :

- the single notes without the chord (no chord and no chordNotes)

- the chordTemplate associated with the single notes

- the handShape which references the chordTemplate

So in the current code, you just have to not generate the chord tag ...

This specific mode should be reserved only for crazy chords inside a handShape.

I have updated DDC logic to support both solutions.

Thank you

There are a couple of things I have questions about.

1) In the Championship I've sometimes done edits to songs others have uploaded when I've wanted extra sections for practice or to change some details in the different paths. I've noticed when I unpack and do the Rocksmith import of the .xml files in EoF that sometimes the chords import without any techniques beyond their notes (i.e. no sustains, no slides, no palm muting, etc.). This has happened with Harvester of Sorrow and Countdown to Extinction but not It's Catching Up. The last is notably newer than the others, though I'm not sure if that's relevant. Any ideas on why the Rocksmith import might sometimes leave out chord techniques?

2) I was copy-pasting something today in EoF and noticed that FHP didn't seem to be copied along with the notes. Would it be possible for that to be copied along as well? I'm honestly not sure how much I'd use this, but it seems like it would be useful if you were trying to do something like Ubisoft did in Redneck (video link), where you can use the FHP to make certain ways to play the riff more apparent to the player (and well, I can think of at least one custom of mine I'd use it on).

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I tried to use the crazy chord inside a handShape. It works fine but it is not very nice in the game (the single notes overlap the chord notes and are visible because they move in a circular way).

That would be fine with me, does anybody have any objection to this?  I'm not sure about how the chord template and handshape would be needed though, EOF doesn't export a handshape for a chord inside a handshape phrase, only the phrase's handshape tag.

I've noticed when I unpack and do the Rocksmith import of the .xml files in EoF that sometimes the chords import without any techniques beyond their notes (i.e. no sustains, no slides, no palm muting, etc.).

EOF's Rocksmith import is still mostly Rocksmith 1 era, especially anything that required chordnotes in order to define the technique.  I can put some thought into improving this, but it gets complicated in that less that all notes in a chord can have a technique on them.

2) I was copy-pasting something today in EoF and noticed that FHP didn't seem to be copied along with the notes. Would it be possible for that to be copied along as well?

It could be done, but it makes the paste logic a bit more convoluted.  Would this be useful for anybody else?

• Administrator

About FHP, nop. Since it's the last thing i work on, i never do any copy/paste when finishing up FHP. Making modification on a chart with set FHP can quickly lead to some weird display if the charter isn't really cautious.

For getting rid of the chord box when we use the crazy status, i would actually prefer to get rid of note and keep the chord as it's generally clearer to have a chordbox than single note when multiple note are on the same position. If someone wants to make them appear as single note, he'll only need to separate note by 1 or 2 ms and the result should be the same visually.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

That would be fine with me, does anybody have any objection to this?  I'm not sure about how the chord template and handshape would be needed though, EOF doesn't export a handshape for a chord inside a handshape phrase, only the phrase's handshape tag.

When the chord is managed as single notes (no chord tag), the handShape is important because it is the only way to associate the notes with a chordTemplate.

In our specific case, in the EOF tool, the crazy chord is included in a handShape, so the single notes of the XML file are well located within this handShape time period (and this handShape is associated to a chordTemplate).

I used a test case generated with EOF (last hotfix) and manually updated the XML file by simply removing the "chord" tag (+ decreasing the "count" attribute of the "chords" tag).

About this modification, the main question is : is the crazy chord status inside a manual handShape used for another specific feature ?

If the answer is no, the user who doesn't want this feature should not mark the chord as crazy (inside an EOF handShape, of course).

Thanks

For getting rid of the chord box when we use the crazy status, i would actually prefer to get rid of note and keep the chord as it's generally clearer to have a chordbox than single note when multiple note are on the same position. If someone wants to make them appear as single note, he'll only need to separate note by 1 or 2 ms and the result should be the same visually.

Two single notes at different time positions (even if they are close) is not the same for DDC.

The last release of DDC manages correctly this single notes for DD levels only if they share the same time position and are located inside a handShape.

And simply mark the chord as crazy is easier than moving the notes in EOF.

This feature is only for chords which are located in a manual handShape in EOF.

As an example, look at this video at 0.34 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfEUhQnsxoY

The first 7-7 occurrence is managed as a standard chord and the second one as two single notes in the same handShape.

In my opinion, dreddfoxx did not use EOF to do this (or not only) ...

Thanks

• Administrator

The thing is that i'm not sure how official DLC actually display those kind of things. In the case of the CDLC you are displaying, as much as it's "pretty" enough, i think official DLC would have simply recreated the chord/handshape as the chord is picked again anyway to keep everything as standard as possible.

That's where i'm actually not sure we should get rid of the chordbox in that case. A chord is still a chord and i haven't seen any official make chord appear as single note when all note are all picked at the same exact time but it's just what i recall and some DLC that i haven't played might have managed it differently.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The better and clearer way to me is to use ghost handshapes for the chords and handshapes for the single notes. Now with DDC 2.8 there's no problem and with the multiple choices in EOF you can choose the way to show the chords without full fingering. I prefer the ghost handshape because when a chord is inside of it (marked with crazy status or not) the recognition of the notes in RS is harder (you have to strum more like "rasgueado") than if the chord is outside the handshape (with ghost handshape or not).

Also, as Chliplouni, i don't like the gems turning around inside the box chord.

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

About this modification, the main question is : is the crazy chord status inside a manual handShape used for another specific feature ?

Before the recent change, crazy status on chords inside of a handshape had no major effect on them except allowing them to overlap other notes. Technically it would still have that effect, but I wouldn't think it's used very much.

About the purpose of this functionality, I just wanted the author to have an option for how to display chords inside a handshape phrase besides just a repeat line.

I don't know if that has any effect on chords within a handshape phrase. If somebody does that testing and finds that it does, we can discuss that option. My understanding is that no matter what, a chord will not display as low density (chord box) in-game unless its start time is the same as a handshape tag.