Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

It was previously indicated that the chord tag and included chordnote subtags were enough to have chords inside handshape tags display as repeat lines with gems in-game. If others can test to see if this is really the case, I'll make changes if necessary.

If a ghost handshape chord isn't at the extreme end of a handshape phrase, it may actually be inside it. Best to shorten the handshape a little and give it another try.

In what way are the chord names displaying differently?

In the last custom i've made, some chords in the lead guitar shown a different name in RS. This is the video with the lead. (look at 1:58)

In EOF the names are correct but the first chord (Bm) in RS shown as "Gm" and the "G" is a "D#".

After come a "Gm7" that is actually a "Bm7".

Also in the rest of the video you can see a lot of chords with incorrect name (in EOF they are ok). I think the problem is that the rhythm part have a lot of same chords, maybe they are in conflict.

Is there anyway to manage the chords in EOF so in RS i can be sure that the chart is going to shown properly?

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I agree the chord names are to fk.  I actually made a (honestly totally separate suggestion, I use 1409) suggestion in the Toolkit thread for a relative/sounding chord editor.  Seems like now would be a great time to allign chord name databases...

But I really commented to say well done @

That's the most impressive chart I've seen in a long time, I'm definitely gonna look out your stuff and play it :clap:

If I were to add a tip, I'd say make the notes at the start of the handshape accented (in EoF Ctrl+Shift+A), the chart would just be to die for :D

And tune your fkn guitar!

• Like 1

I agree the chord names are to fk.  I actually made a (honestly totally separate suggestion, I use 1409) suggestion in the Toolkit thread for a relative/sounding chord editor.  Seems like now would be a great time to allign chord name databases...

But I really commented to say well done @

That's the most impressive chart I've seen in a long time, I'm definitely gonna look out your stuff and play it :clap:

If I were to add a tip, I'd say make the notes at the start of the handshape accented (in EoF Ctrl+Shift+A), the chart would just be to die for :D

And tune your fkn guitar!

Hey! Thanks! this chart take me long time to take the result i want, really love this song (there's no too much spanish rock charted). Check my other customs if you want!. I always try to incorporate the last techniques, trying to evolve and making more pro my customs.  i've really enjoyed your charts, thanks for your comment, keep the good work!

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

EOF saves every arrangement completely independently of the others, it shouldn't be possible for it to confuse chords in one track with those in another. If the chord names are correct in EOF and in the XML files it creates during save, that's generally where my involvement ends and it would be an issue with something else like the toolkit. Please check the XML files, particularly the names given in the chordTemplate tags.

I'll be on standby if anybody else can confirm whether chords within handshape tags are not being displayed with both the repeat line and the single notes that make up the chord. If it's not displaying that way, I can probably fix it by exporting such chords as both a chord and as single notes.

• Like 1

EOF saves every arrangement completely independently of the others, it shouldn't be possible for it to confuse chords in one track with those in another. If the chord names are correct in EOF and in the XML files it creates during save, that's generally where my involvement ends and it would be an issue with something else like the toolkit. Please check the XML files, particularly the names given in the chordTemplate tags.

I'll be on standby if anybody else can confirm whether chords within handshape tags are not being displayed with both the repeat line and the single notes that make up the chord. If it's not displaying that way, I can probably fix it by exporting such chords as both a chord and as single note

In the XML file the names of the chords are wrong (same names in RS), so the problem occurs when EOF save the file

80C651DEE.png

If you can give me an EOF project that exhibits this problem, preferably along with some example timestamps where the chord names are wrong, I can look into it.

Keep in mind that it is expected behavior if this is only happening with chords that use the ghost handshape mechanism. EOF will display the chord name reflecting the ghost gems and the chord name written to XML will not reflect the ghost gems and this is the way it is supposed to work. If you want the chord name in-game to be what EOF shows for the ghost handshape chord, you'd need to manually define the name (you can manually enter the name or simply just select the chord in question, open "Note>Edit name", leave the name field blank and click OK and EOF will offer to apply the automatically detected name).

Chord and handshape tags are also not written to XML if a ghost handshape chord in EOF only has 1 non-ghosted gem, because at least 2 non-ghosted gems are required to export as a chord. In this scenario you'd have to use a handshape tag instead of a ghost handshape chord.

Rock G should not say D#.

I was gonna blame EoF cause I didn't know how it was possible, then I seen 2.37.

Awesome chart, awesome playing, but too much tinkering :lol:

Manual handshape editing should be done by pros, but then again how you gonna become a pro unless you make mistakes???

Rock on man :D

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (11-3-2015) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a check during save that will seek to and warn about incorrectly placed time signature changes that don't occur at the beginning of a measure. Such problems will cause some defective behavior in some rhythm games, such as causing incorrect star power durations.

*Added a warning during save if any chords' names include any characters that are suspected to cause Rocksmith to crash. Such characters are now removed during RS exports.

*Improved the dialogs that restrict some characters so that the tab key can again be used to change fields.

*Fixed a bug with MIDI import solos and star power phrases wouldn't import correctly if fewer than 2 star power phrases were defined.

*Added a SHIFT+I keyboard shortcut to access "Beat>Time signature>Custom".

*Fixed a bug where EOF would prevent increasing the length of a note by a grid snap if it was too close to the next note.

*Changed chord name lookup logic to examine defined fret values for string muted gems in chords, to avoid problems where names for otherwise matching chords could be made blank in Rocksmith.

One of the chord name changes affects how slash chords are displayed since the forward slash character is restricted until I get more feedback about how official DLC displays these names in the XML.

I haven't heard of this issue from anybody else. Are the notes displayed in the editor itself as being shortened, or do they appear shortened in-game? Does any particular function in the editor trigger this? Does it involve the [ and ] keys or the mouse scroll wheel? Is it happening to you on every project you work on, or just one in particular? If you can recreate this behavior, please send me an affected project file with instructions.

The issue for me is in the editor itself, a little after the 21st measure several of the notes have gaps between them that aren't present in the guitar pro file I inserted. If you look at the "REAL_GUITAR_22" track of the attached file, the issue is present there.

You can download the .eof file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4gn1q6tcii4rdz/notes.eofif this isn't the right way to upload a project let me know and I'll fix it, I am pretty new to this software

Buddy thats a really complicated GP your trying to use there, and you aint got the basics correct.  So compounding basic errors with fkd up time signature GP files/songs makes it a million per cent worse :D

Pick something in 4/4 and try to sync it properly before trying this one...

The gaps are because it goes to 12/8 timing on measure 21 btw.  There are a billion reasons why it could effect the note spacings, but that is the main reason.

Submit the guitar.ogg and the GP file and I'll have a look.  I fancy a little challenge, I see 6/8 on measure 6 too.

One of the billion reasons it might be wrong is that the Lead guitar stays on 4/4 while the rhythm guitar goes to 12/8 on measure 21 (depending on how the GP file is authored).

You can only "import" one time signature from GP files, so you likely did the Lead first.

You seem clever enough to work it out yourself, I just fancied trying it cause its a little challenge :D

Although, I personally would make separate syncs for Lead and Rhythm for this song (in different folders with a clone of the audio so EoF does not get confused), maybe you wanna try that...

• Like 1

Well don't be frightened to (literally) double the bpm of a song in EoF (at certain points).  I fixed a lot of dodgy timings by doubling the bpm (tempo).

The best thing to do is enable clap sounds (press c in EoF - and press again to disable), that tells you if your notes are coming in time.

Good luck :D

Oh, and here are the files you asked for:

guitar.ogg: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dgid6gtl0h1d2t9/guitar.ogg

GP file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hmal3qa23ucl0f0/monologue.gp5

Edit: I've tried putting the other track in a separate sync file and I'm getting the same problem, I'm quite perplexed now. I also noticed little red arrows over some of the measure dividers, what is the significance of these?

Red arrows over a beat marker indicates it is an anchor, basically anywhere the beat's length changed (time signature or tempo change).

Regarding the original issue you were bringing up, was it that notes were shorter than expected when you import from a Guitar Pro file? If this is the case, can you point out some specific points (ie. measure # and which track) where this occurs?

I took longer cause it really was a mess, I had to reset,  go old skool and use tempo only

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KySVBHR3BycGEteG8/view?usp=sharing

That should work perfect in your project with the audio you're using.

Now I spent itme making the beat map, you can spend time making decent sustain lengths, sections and lyrics :D

Thanks for the help man! I'll see what I can do to get it perfected and hopefully I'll be able to post it here soon, I'll definitely give you credit lol

@@raynebc there were sections at measures 21 and 22 where the notes were longer than they should have been, but the subsequent measures had been smashed together to fit within the same time frame

That entire sync was fkd up, even in 1409.  The GP file was to blame, I know because it chaned time sig at the wrong locations, which is why I had to go tempo only.

Did you make that GP file Snazzy?  It was fkn quality apart from changing time sig at the wrong bar or two.

I don't know why but i'm having a little trouble with the connection between handshape phrases and ghost handshapes in certain chords. Here's my problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1d43/bt7d2264ce7b42fzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1d2a/qijwdy1dsm6o7d2zg.jpg

As you can see the G chord doesn't show up properly (i have the same problem with the Em7) but the A chord doesn't have any problem. In the EOF i activate the option "Highlight notes in arpeggios" and it's impossible to unlink the G chord of the handshape phrase.

I KNOW i can make it by doing a little gap between the phrase and the chord, but this problem only happens with certain chords, not all. Some kind of logic is failing here.

80C651DEE.png

Handshape phrases and ghost handshapes both are different approaches to controlling the handshape tag that is created in the XML file. It looks like the that ghost handshape chord at ~0:45.5 is inside the handshape phrase, so the handshape phrase takes precedence and the ghost handshape effectively just exports as a normal double stop chord. I can't tell if this is the case without having the project file, but that's what it appears to be from the screen capture. If you want to get that ghost chord outside of the phrase you probably just need to select the other notes in the phrase and use the "Note>Rocksmith>Handshape>Re-mark" function.

I still haven't heard from anyone whether the logic for chords within handshape phrases should be changed to export as a chord tag, with chordnotes and with note tags for the individual notes that make up the chord. In the above in-game screen capture, it looks like the double stop is just showing as a chord repeat, which isn't what we were wanting.