Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1401) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Updated logic used by various import functions (ie. GPA import) to correctly handle the new accurate TS chart option. GPA import now enables this option because the time signatures are interpreted during the import. File imports that can set time signatures will now anchor beats that change the time signature's denominator. Time signature changes that change the denominator are forced to be anchors, to prevent the ability to accidentally corrupt the tempo map.

*Added logic so that when the accurate TS song property is changed, EOF will offer to alter tempos so that beat positions remain the same.

*Fixed a bug where EOF could remove too many beats from the project when performing certain operations in tech view, such as paste.

*Changed the exit logic so that EOF offers to quick save (instead of normal save with all warnings/errors displayed) the project if it has unsaved changes.

• Like 2

EOF is already using scan codes to read those keys, so it should read the same regardless of keyboard layout. If that's not the case, there's may be nothing I can immediately do about it. What code and ASCII numbers does EOF report in the Information panel when you press the "^" key?

Well that's annoying, but I can understand that's how accent keys are meant to work. The other way to lengthen/shorten notes is by using the mouse's scroll wheel. If you don't have a scroll wheel on your mouse, it kind of limits your options and you'd be stuck with changing the OS' keyboard layout for EOF (it may be able to track this on a per application basis?) or getting a spare mouse with a scroll wheel.

If you're using a notebook/laptop, you know it has USB ports that you can use to hook up a mouse, right? :huh:

If you're using a desktop and still using a touchpad, you'd better find a mental hospital. ;)

Sometimes I have to use a touch screen PC with no mouse and no keyboard.  Very frustrating and I end up using a lot of very bad words.

• Like 1

Well that's annoying, but I can understand that's how accent keys are meant to work. The other way to lengthen/shorten notes is by using the mouse's scroll wheel. If you don't have a scroll wheel on your mouse, it kind of limits your options and you'd be stuck with changing the OS' keyboard layout for EOF (it may be able to track this on a per application basis?) or getting a spare mouse with a scroll wheel.

I didn't know I could do that with the wheel. Keyboard doesn't really matter now, thanks!

My CDLC Workshop

Feedback is always appreciated! :)

@@raynebc,another uestion\idea, I knovv EOF can search for note opatterns from  catalog, so vvouldit search for note patterns for seleted notes vv\o adding it to catalog? I just messed up vvith fixing errors in my songs and Catalog is ver hand for that :D

I'm sure it would be pretty easily do-able for me to do that, although they'd probably need to share the same menu functions (since the menu is already really crowded) and keyboard shortcuts (since those are in short supply). I'd just need to determine a good way to determine whether to search for the selected notes' pattern or the catalog entry's pattern, perhaps:

*If the fret catalog is being displayed, search by catalog entry.

*If the fret catalog is not being displayed, but notes are selected, search by selected notes.

Let me know if that sounds like it would do it.

Is it just me or is raynebc's labour of love EoF infinitely more enjoyable to work with than what this Rockband authoring video demonstrates.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/05/08/how-a-rock-band-song-gets-made-ign-first

Kudos to you raynebc!

This video almost looks like they are working in Microsfot Excel, yuck!

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Is it just me or is raynebc's labour of love EoF infinitely more enjoyable to work with than what this Rockband authoring video demonstrates.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/05/08/how-a-rock-band-song-gets-made-ign-first

Kudos to you raynebc!

This video almost looks like they are working in Microsfot Excel, yuck!

Well, they are just using midi tracks in Reaper for charting and Reaper isn't really a very good looking DAW in itself, imo, but when combined with the midi editor layout it looks especially unappealing.

So you're right. Kudos to raynebc for a piece of software that looks a lot better and is more intuitive to work with.

• Like 1

I'm still interested in working on pro keys support some day. Pro guitar always interested me more, plus it's a bummer that the Rock Band franchise is dropping the keys instrument. Synthesia isn't quite a game, but if they ever added support for a backing track it would be much more like a rhythm game and I would make it a priority.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1404) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where using Beat>Add, Beat>Delete or "Beat>Delete anchor" where a non #/4 time signature and the accurate TS song property were in effect would move beats into the wrong positions.

*Improved the accuracy of the grid snap logic.

*Fixed the secondary piano roll logic so that when swapping piano rolls, EOF's title bar reflects the correct active difficulty.

*Corrected the Track>Rename function to begin with the input field empty if the track doesn't have a custom name already.

*Fixed a GP import bug where chords that contained both tie notes and normal notes would be imported as all normal notes. It now will import only the normal notes as intended, making the import look much closer to the original tablature.

*Improved GP import so that tie notes having a different strum direction definition than the connected note won't cause it to import as a separate linked note. If it was intended to be a separate played note, it would be authored as such in the GP file.

*Fixed a GP import bug where slide notation may not be imported in some circumstances.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, that's just peaches now :D

Edit - that revision is severly broken I'm afraid.  Drag some beat markers about on a populated track and you will see what I mean.  It's doing very weird and very destructive things.

I made a quick vid

• Like 1

Edit - that revision is severly broken I'm afraid.  Drag some beat markers about on a populated track and you will see what I mean.  It's doing very weird and very destructive things.

I encountered the same problem this morning on a new song with the release 1404.

I needed to delete all notes and reimport them after a beat move ...

• Like 1