Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

It was disabled for non Windows build environment. I don't even remember why, so I'll remove that in the next commit. If anybody wanted to rebuild with that change, just go to menu/file.c and change the two instances of EOF_LINUX_DISABLE in eof_file_display_menu[]'s definition to 0.

Or until then users could just close EOF, edit the eof.cfg file and change the value of eof_screen_width to something else, save the change and open EOF again.

If you mean the menu option File > Display > Display, which gives the choices of 640x480, 800x600 & 1024x768, that one's always worked for me on Mac... Or is there an extra manual enter-whatever-you-want field on the windows build?

There's a greyed out option in that menu as well which let's you adjust the screen width manually; that's what raynebc is talking about. Changing the value in the cfg leads to no issues, so it's safe to reactivate it, which will make it possible to change the value from inside the app. It's just a matter of convenience.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (r1382) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Added the SHIFT+W keyboard shortcut to Song>Catalog>Add.
*Fixed a GP import bug where tie notes that begin at different positions and overlap each other can end up using incorrect fret values.
*Fixed a bug with Bandfuse import where down slides had the wrong end of slide position set.
*Improved fixup logic so that when two sliding notes merge into a chord, the pitched/unpitched slide end position of the one using the lowest string is kept.
*Added initial Bandfuse XML export logic.
*Improved BF import to support up to 1000 tempo changes in a RIFF file.
*Improved BF import to support lyric lines.
*Improved RS import to take the capo into account when processing anchors.
*Improved EOF to accept Bandfuse files (.rif) over the command line for import.
*Removed the restriction that disallowed the File>Redraw and "File>Set display width" functions to be used from the menu.
*Added the ability to import a Rocksmith XML file via the command line.  EOF will prompt which pro guitar/bass track to import the content to.
*Fixed memory leaks in Rocksmith import and musical MIDI export.

Until I get a formal user preference for enabling Bandfuse export, you can manually have it create and Bandfuse XML file by pressing the pause key.

• Like 2

Hey, rayne, I knovv NevvCreature could extend  current mixer to handle extra oggs and set it's volume\pan,  could you ask him if he had some spare time to tvveak  current mixer menu? (I feel like n00b vvhenIt's  come to vvritting things for allegro\c)

also It seems that he alread done it long ago, just doesn't included in EOF https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/614208

I think the audio code he was posting was for Allegro 5. It does various thigs quite differently from Allegro 4. I can ask if he thinks it would be reasonably easy to do something similar in Allegro 4.

About that ticket, there were multiple issues, but I'll bump the thread to ask if there's anything left to fix.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1386) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Corrected resource leaks that could occur during a failed Feedback or lyric import.

*Fixed a bug with MIDI tone playback that may have prevented events from being sent to the correct channel.

*Updated BF export to include tempo changes.

*Improved fixup logic so that when two pro guitar notes merge into a chord, the fingering of each note is correctly kept.

*Updated BF import to include note fingerings.

*Updated BF import to clean up the lyric line positions.

*Fixed memory leaks that would occur if a file failed to be opened over the command line.

*Fixed a RS2 export bug where if a note had linknext status and a bend tech note, and the next note had a bend tech note at its start position, the latter tech note would be incorrectly exported with the prior note's bend points.

*Updated RS import to allow handling of fret hand positions as high as fret 21, which is allowed in RS2.

There seems to be also something wrong with the bass tuning. After i import the bass track of gp file with the tuning of B Standard if i go in Set Tuning it says Standard Tuning with everything set at 0. Even after i set from 5 to 4 strings and i than change in Set Tuning everything to -5 it says unknown tuning.

Here is the tab

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/amon_amarth/annihilation_of_hammerfest_guitar_pro.htm

and

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/amon_amarth/masters_of_war_ver2_guitar_pro.htm

When I look at those tabs in Guitar Pro, the guitar tracks are in b standard (all strings down-tuned by 5 half steps) and the bass tracks are defined to be in the normal BEADG bass tuning (this is standard tuning for 5 string bass).

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1390) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Changed BF import so that the bend strength imports for all bend note types. Special bend types (pre-bend, pre-bend and release) import with link status and accompanying tech notes.

*Added the user preference to enable Bandfuse file export during save.

*Added a check during save that warns if any notes bend more than 3 half steps, since Rocksmith doesn't support this.

*Fixed a bug with BF export where fret hand positions wouldn't be detected correctly and would be deleted.

*Fixed a bug where EOF wouldn't respond to keyboard input after using ALT+Tab to switch EOF back into focus, until Escape was pressed or the mouse was moved.

• Like 1

Hi, I replaced the "eof.exe" file with the new hotfix. But now i can't import guitar pro tabs (EOF ask me about the time signatures and mark sections but i never see the tracks of the instruments to choose)

Even can't create a new eof file from a mp3 or ogg file.

Help please!

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1392) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug with the keyboard focus change from r1388 that would cause dialog windows to close early in some circumstances.

*Added an "EOF leaving focus stops playback" user preference which can be disabled to allow the chart to remain playing even if you change from EOF to another program.

*Made the "CPU saver" idling feature (File>Settings) more effective. This setting controls how long EOF idles when the chart is not playing.

This should fix the problem with some dialogs closing part-way through (ie. Pro Guitar import).

• Like 4

I'd like to thank you for adding the shortcut shift+w to add catalog.

It looks like sometimes ghost notes are all imported now, 

even those which are not played, being the sustain of the same previous note

(it works correctly in bar 41 of the lead track of the previously submitted Patrolman)

But in this tab it gets wrong:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0353/w5onunajdwhy9sdzg.jpg

it should be : 

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/34fc/mjb9b30q4hth9n3zg.jpg

Here is how ghost notes are now imported (musically) correct in Patrolman : 

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2f30/m9q2hsfatnkannvzg.jpg

the (17) are different from the previous note, they must be played, and should be imported.

they need to toggle off ghost status

(14)

(16) are not different from the previous note, they only sustain it.

@@PC Plum For readability, I also prefer to shorten sustains (musically incorrect) to avoid them covering the next notes.

Oh, I get it now, sorry, it depends if the (ghost) note is a tied note.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ed15/wyc27d70k64dew9zg.jpg

Edited by TomSawyer2112

Just to make sure I don't miss anything, is EOF importing the notes correctly?  For now, EOF will import ghost notes as if they are normal notes, in case people are authoring Guitar Pro files specifically for use with Rocksmith customs and want to add ghost notes to affect the chart as EOF sees it.

Yes, ghost notes are imported correctly, as ghost notes.

It's up to the charter to decide if he toggles off the ghost notes in EOF to make them appear in RS14. 

I got confused with "Tied Notes", because they look the same in GPro, except they have a tie to their previous note.  

Hey, rayne,  could you also assist me vvith small shortcut think, I think I  could vvrote small func that'll transpose notes betvveen strings, I mean to keep it's pitch, not a fret value alt+arrovvsup\dovvn based on tuning ofc :)

i have logick already it's easy task, single notes only for novv

Hi all.  I just finished my 1st ever CDLC song and figured this was a great place to ask this question.  I'm not sure if my error is with the custom song tool kit, or editor on fire.  The song is in standard C.  When I loaded the song into Rocksmith 2014 the tuning was back to standard E.  I had selected Bass tuning for standard C in the custom song tool kit.  

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for the assistance.  I won't be uploading any song yet until I can produce a quality piece on content to share.