Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

when I Alt+TAB back into EOF, it seems like it behaves as if TAB is kept beeing pressed

That's the problem that I was trying to remove with the older regain foreground focus logic. I had this happen to me every once in a blue moon in Windows XP, but it was a pretty rare thing. Potentially it is more prone to happening in Windows 8 and presumably it is the Allegro library that glitches out and thinks the tab key is held, and that seems that's why the program would stay in the loop waiting for the key to be released. Still, it's better that it does this than hang and require EOF to be killed. You can try pressing and releasing Tab, a modifier key like ALT or even just clicking within EOF to get the craziness to stop.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/49kmxa

The best i can do for you atm is for you to click on this link to download the snapshot of the notes im having problems with, they are highlighted

These should show up as chords in-game. Can you post a screen capture of how they look in Rocksmith?

-Ctrl+X to retain the fret information when used on a note

I don't believe I'll change CTRL+X, it is meant to remove the defined fret value. What you want is the existing "Note>Pro guitar>Toggle string mute" function, which can be quickly used with SHIFT+X.
  • Like 1

I don't believe I'll change CTRL+X, it is meant to remove the defined fret value. What you want is the existing "Note>Pro guitar>Toggle string mute" function, which can be quickly used with SHIFT+X.

Aha, fair enough, I didn't know of that shortcut, my bad.

I've always got the multitracks.

I hate being a pest but it's been annoying me while I've been updated a massive Gilmour solo so...

I'm not too keen on the new mouse pointer logic.  I can see why people where thinking it could be better (because it was like something from Windows 2000) but it's been made less efficient imo.  Before I could click on a note and hit (for example) Ctrl+U, then hit a number on my keypad and hit enter.  Job done.

Now I hit Ctrl+U and have to move my mouse over the box and click in it before I can type the number.  That's a pretty annoying change really, and increases the workload significantly.

I can see the point in it when there are multiplae fields, but not for undetermined/determined slides or bends strengths or anything else that has only one field.

Is there any chance of a slight upgrade so that I do not need to use my mouse for inputting to one field boxes?

Sounds a bit petty I know, but when you are working on a big solo with tonnes of bends/slides (like I just have) it can get a bit grating, when I know I didn;t have to do it before.

I'm pretty sure the upgrade was made for the fingering boxes anyway...  :)

• Like 1

Is there any chance of a slight upgrade so that I do not need to use my mouse for inputting to one field boxes?

I never intended for that behavior. As Aludog mentioned, it was a bug that various dialog boxes no longer opened with an input field already in focus. This will be corrected in the next hotfix, it just took a while because Allegro's menu system isn't something I have a very strong grasp on and I needed to get help on the Allegro forum.
  • Like 2

@@raynebc, @@Alex360, But don't ever get to thinking that all your hard work is not appreciated!

I'm sure many of us would just be players without you.

That goes for all you developers out there.

Sometimes just clicking the Thank and Like buttons just doesn't seem enough.

• Like 1

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

I don't know where to put this, here or in the toolkit thread, since I don't know which one is "at fault".

Anyway, I have a song where I essentially only have one tone change: at the end of the song (to an acoustic tone). So, knowing I have to have at least 2 tone changes in my song so I'm able to add a second tone in the toolkit, I added a tone change to a distorted tone (the one used in the rest of the song) at the beginning of the first note. However, the game does not pick up the second tone change (the one to the acoustic tone) correctly. It does pick up A tone change, but it only says "Song Title" and no add-on like lead, acoustic or whatever. Also, the tone does not change at all.

What do I do?

Which tone did you set as the default tone? The XML file EOF writes should define the two tones via XML tags ("tonea" and "toneb") and the default tone should be referred to in the "tonebase" tag.  The "tones" tag that follows should reflect every time the tone changes.  If that all looks correct, it would seem more likely that the issue lies outside of EOF.

I've had some issues with tone changes if I've made test builds and then tried to change the position of tone changes.  I'm sure the game remembers the tone changes because of the arrangment numbers.  So have you had those arrangement numbers in game before?

Rather than messing about I normally just bite the bullet and

- Delete all tone changes in the arrangment (in EoF)

- Make EoF do a save

- Add the tones changes in again

- Make EoF save again

- Build it with fresh arrangment numbers and change the DLCName

I've scratched my head over this many times, that's what I do to get it working again...

The distortion tone was set as the default one. RS2014 does not show a tone change to that tone at the start of the first note (where i set the tone change to Distortion).

This is what's in the XML:

<tonebase>Distortion</tonebase>
  <tonea>Distortion</tonea>
  <toneb>Acoustic</toneb>
  <tones count="1">
    <tone time="255.765" name="Acoustic"/>
  </tones>

I've tried deleting the arrangement from the toolkit and re-adding it, but that didn't fix it.

Are you saying the main EOF program itself won't open?  If so, what does the error actually say?  What version of Windows do you have?  EOF shouldn't need anything except Direct X support (which should be available on any version of Windows, XP or newer, if you have onboard video or video card drivers installed).

Are you saying the main EOF program itself won't open?  If so, what does the error actually say?  What version of Windows do you have?  EOF shouldn't need anything except Direct X support (which should be available on any version of Windows, XP or newer, if you have onboard video or video card drivers installed).

Now I've fixed my error, the Video Driver have installed automatically, and have error of this, and I have installed the Driver from the official page and work, is Windows 10 (Technical Preview) this Windows works good for me

why when i import GP tab to EOF it deletes all the small notes (for every tab that has it) ?

can you fix it plz ?

Not if those are "grace notes". The way those are encoded makes it a surprisingly complicated to import (they can start at or before the note they are applied to) and there are other things I'd rather work on for the time being.

I'm having a problem when I try to add leading silence. This happens:

http://i.imgur.com/pQEm0be.png

It's supposed to be a 4000 ms of leading silences but instead all I get it's a track of 4000 ms of silence.

Also, the song has lead, bonus lead and rythm. How I do de bonus? I use PART REAL_GUITAR for lead and PART REAL_GUITAR_22 for Rythm, so I don't know where should I do the bonus arrangement.

@@Laro I usually just Save As and make a new folder.  When I'm done with the additional track, I rename it and paste it in the old folder where the other tracks are.  When you pack your song, you add it as a bonus arrangement.

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.