Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Intro to Everlong is an example.  It slides up from a B to a G without being linked to anything.  There is a tiny bit of space separating the end of the slide and the next note.

Exactly, there is a space between the end of the slide and the next note. Normallg, at least during GP import, without the linknext status, the end of the slide would have another note head, THEN the tiny space, and then the next note.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1328) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where the finger fields in the edit frets/fingering dialog wouldn't update correctly.

*Improved the "Highlight non grid snapped notes" option so that its setting is kept when a project is saved and restored when a project is loaded.

*Fixed a bug with GP import where the notes at the end of legato slides weren't removed as they should be.

*Fixed timing rounding errors in the beat click and drag logic.

*Improved the auto-adjust feature by forcing all grid snapped notes to resnap to their correct position after notes are adjusted. This should reduce note timing loss when clicking and dragging beats.

*Improved the project format by storing double floating point precision timings for each beat, which should reduce beat timing loss involved with opening and saving a project.

Thanks for the update RayneBC.

The left hand fingers seem to work fine in EOF, nothing looks like it's being saved wrong.  However, ingame the fingerings are still off.  I uploaded an example project.

The A power chord at measure 5 @ 11.200seconds shows a left hand finger of[ ][ ][ ][ ][1][1]But in game it shows a barred second finger.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a6v8l6

The left hand fingers seem to work fine in EOF, nothing looks like it's being saved wrong. However, ingame the fingerings are still off. I uploaded an example project.The A power chord at measure 5 @ 11.200seconds shows a left hand finger of[ ][ ][ ][ ][1][1]But in game it shows a barred second finger.

I opened your project and saved it, and the XML EOF created had the following for the chord at the time you mentioned:
    <chordTemplate chordName="C5" displayName="C5" finger0="1" finger1="1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="3" fret1="3" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>        <chord time="11.200" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="19" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">          <chordNote time="11.200" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.245" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="11.200" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.245" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>        </chord>
I can only imagine the old XML file got used with the toolkit or otherwise the old arrangement didn't get replaced.One thing I see by looking at your project, it may not be desirable for EOF to ignore the tuning (for the sake of chord names) when using a normal drop tuning like drop D. The chords won't be named the way people expect. Should EOF only have the chord naming ignore the tuning and assume standard when more than one string's tuning is changed from standard?

I don't think the XML file wasn't udpdated.  I'll upload an example after work.  Maybe it's not an EOF problem.

Thanks for the extra heads up about the tuning.  I didn't notice the drop chords were labeled wrong until now (I should probably check all my other drop D stuff).  How can I change it so it shows the correct chords names?

I uploaded a test project (and a psarc)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zh0747

It only has two chords, each fingered differently (I did it manually).  EOF shows the fingers are different, and while I only understand the XML a little bit, it looks like it's saying the same thing.

Ingame the chords are not fingered differently.

comparing 1327 to 1328 version, do you have problem with importing gpro tabs? in 1327 I did not have problems, while in 1328 EOF is crashing sometimes (tried the same with 1327 and works fine, also tried previous versions and do not crash, only with 1328 while importing it crashes)

I uploaded a test project (and a psarc)http://www.sendspace.com/file/zh0747 It only has two chords, each fingered differently (I did it manually).  EOF shows the fingers are different, and while I only understand the XML a little bit, it looks like it's saying the same thing.

I saved the project and the XML that EOF created wrote them as two different chords:
  <chordTemplates count="2">    <chordTemplate chordName="E5" displayName="E5" finger0="1" finger1="1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="7" fret1="7" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>    <chordTemplate chordName="E5" displayName="E5" finger0="2" finger1="2" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="7" fret1="7" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>  </chordTemplates>...      <chords count="2">        <chord time="3.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">          <chordNote time="3.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="3.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>        </chord>        <chord time="6.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">          <chordNote time="6.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="2" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>          <chordNote time="6.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="7" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="2" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>        </chord>      </chords>

comparing 1327 to 1328 version, do you have problem with importing gpro tabs? in 1327 I did not have problems, while in 1328 EOF is crashing sometimes (tried the same with 1327 and works fine, also tried previous versions and do not crash, only with 1328 while importing it crashes)

Based on what I'm reading in your post and others, it's pretty much any GP file that causes this? I'll look into it right away.In the mean time, anybody that needs to revert to the previous revision so that they can import GP files can get r1327 here:http://www.mediafire.com/download/0z7kjomtkw771op/eof_hotfix_(r1327).zip

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1329) is in the first post, and fixes a bug introduced by r1328 that could cause EOF to crash when importing a GP file with certain types of slides. For now, I'm going to just put the small amount of extra key press debugging in the regular release so I don't have to keep posting two downloads for every hotfix.

Thanks for looking at it RayneBC.  I now know how to make different fingerings show up in-game.

The first chord is barred with the first finger.

The second (same) chord is barred with the second finger.

In order to show the chord barred with the first finger at 3 seconds, and the same chord barred with the second finger at 6 seconds, this is what I did

I changed this:

<handShapes count="2">	    <handShape chordId="0" endTime="3.750" startTime="3.000"/>	    <handShape chordId="0" endTime="6.750" startTime="6.000"/>	  </handShapes>

to this:

<handShapes count="2">	    <handShape chordId="0" endTime="3.750" startTime="3.000"/>	    <handShape chordId="1" endTime="6.750" startTime="6.000"/>	  </handShapes>

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1330) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added handling to GP import so that if any of the GP file's tracks has 7 strings, EOF will allow you to choose whether the high or the low string is dropped.

*Improved the "Reset BPM" function so that it will offer to auto adjust any existing notes so that affected notes will remain grid snapped after the operation is completed.

*Fixed a bug where tech view could become disabled when the MIDI file was created during save.

• Like 2

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1330) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:*Added handling to GP import so that if any of the GP file's tracks has 7 strings, EOF will allow you to choose whether the high or the low string is dropped.

Awesome. Thanks for this great new feature o/

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1331) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed memory leaks that could occur if MIDI export fails.

*Added a "Save separate musical MIDI file" preference, which will cause EOF to write a "notes_music.mid" file during save. This MIDI file contains all populated vocal and pro guitar/bass tracks, and unlike the other MIDI files EOF writes, all MIDI notes included are the real pitches used in each lyric or guitar/bass note. This file can be used in other music programs that use normal MIDI files, like Songs2See, Synthesia or even just your favorite MIDI player.

*Added the ability to define vibrato speed, used in Rocksmith 2014. This can be done for vibrato notes by using the "Note>Pro guitar>Set vibrato speed" function. If Rocksmith 2 export is enabled, this dialog is launched automatically whenever vibrato status is toggled on for a note. For now, the speed can be set as slow (40), medium (80) or fast (120). If the speed other than the default speed of medium is defined, the number is displayed in the tab notation beneath the note. If no speed is defined for a vibrato note, it will continue to export with the default speed of 80.

• Like 2

*Added a "Save separate musical MIDI file" preference, which will cause EOF to write a "notes_music.mid" file during save. This MIDI file contains all populated vocal and pro guitar/bass tracks, and unlike the other MIDI files EOF writes, all MIDI notes included are the real pitches used in each lyric or guitar/bass note. This file can be used in other music programs that use normal MIDI files, like Songs2See, Synthesia or even just your favorite MIDI player.

Thanks so much for adding this feature!

I finally got time to try it out, and yes, it works!

I used Rise Against - Swing Life Away as a simple test case and tried converting just the Bass arrangement first to avoid over-complicating things.

The midi file created by EOF was immediately readable by Synthesia, although being a bass arrangement, all the notes were way down past the left end of my 61 key keyboard.

I used a free program called MuseScore to tweak the midi file into a more useful form for my setup.

The first step was to transpose the whole thing up by two octaves to bring it into my keyboard's range.

Once I got that done I noticed that each string of the bass arrangement is represented as an individual instrument in the midi file, and so Synthesia interprets each string as being played by a different hand.

I managed to combine them all into a single instrument in MuseScore though, so now the whole bass arrangement of Swing Life Away is playable for one hand in Synthesia.

Here's the midi file if you want to check it out for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwn-F1yXFEVHenpJeGNQZHNwVHM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm trying to decide if having each string assigned as an individual instrument in the midi file is a potentially useful way of doing things or if it just means a bit more work at my end when I'm converting the content.

I think in most cases I'd prefer it to just put each arrangement as an individual instrument rather than each string, but in cases where I wanted to split an arrangement up into two hands it is probably easy to do that by combining individual string tracks than by trying to split apart a single track that contains the whole arrangement.

I don't know if it'd be easy for you to add an option to let the user choose to have it exported one way or the other, but it'd probably be a nice bonus to have in the end.

The important thing though is that it's usable right now in the way you've done it, so I'm super grateful for your hard work in making this all possible!

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1334) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Corrected the handling of tech notes (ie. complex bend definitions) during the unwrapping process in GP import.

*Added an option to "Song>Audio cues" allowing the option to not have fully string muted notes trigger the clap sound cue.

*Improved the musical MIDI export so that every note in an arrangement is written to the same channel, so that it will be presented as a single playable part in Synthesia. Tracks can be combined easily in a MIDI editor to allow combination arrangements such as bass on left hand and guitar on right hand. Also, the configured guitar and bass MIDI tone instrument voices (as specified in eof.cfg) are set for each exported track.

• Like 2

I noticed yesterday when placing a few arpeggios that the arpeggio highlighting can only be disabled using the grid snap highlighting.

Its probably a leftover when the highlighting function was global, maybe you can change the arpeggio highlighting to an ON/OFF toggle.

Maybe you want to also change the color (maybe blue) not that it gets confused with the grid snap highlighting color (yellow)

*Improved the musical MIDI export so that every note in an arrangement is written to the same channel, so that it will be presented as a single playable part in Synthesia. Tracks can be combined easily in a MIDI editor to allow combination arrangements such as bass on left hand and guitar on right hand. Also, the configured guitar and bass MIDI tone instrument voices (as specified in eof.cfg) are set for each exported track.

It works beautifully!

I processed Rise Against - Swing Life Away once again, with Bass, Lead and Rhythm and the resulting MIDI had three parts visible in Synthesia, one being the bass arrangement and the other two being the lead and rhythm arrangements. Well done!

The only problem I have now is that when I try to transpose the MIDI up by two octaves so that it fits into the range of my 61 key keyboard I end up with the individual notes all getting smeared together into infinitely long sustains, but I think that's my own failure in figuring out how to work the MIDI editor I'm using...

I noticed yesterday when placing a few arpeggios that the arpeggio highlighting can only be disabled using the grid snap highlighting.

That's not quite the case. Arpeggio highlighting was designed to be applied manually and removed manually with the "Track>Erase highlighting" function. I was considering having it a toggle function like with the grid snapping, but as you say it would require a different highlight color, which would several changes to how highlighting is handled in EOF. It's something I'd been wanting to do though so I'll probably work on it in the near future.

The only problem I have now is that when I try to transpose the MIDI up by two octaves so that it fits into the range of my 61 key keyboard I end up with the individual notes all getting smeared together into infinitely long sustains, but I think that's my own failure in figuring out how to work the MIDI editor I'm using...

It does sound like a MIDI editor issue, which one are you using? If it helps, I could probably add an eof.cfg entry so that you can define how many octaves up to transpose the bass track for the musical MIDI file. It would default to 0, but you would then be able to manually edit the file while EOF is closed (it's text format) to indicate 2 octaves. Let me know if that works for you.
  • Like 2