Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I have one more issue that i noticed lately, a few revisions ago you changed something in the way how tech notes are imported from the gp file.

The problem happens with bended chords, i had today an issue with the kind of bended chords where you bend only one string up. The problem is that since a few revisions EOF does import tech notes only on the string that should be bended. The actual problem is that the game needs a at the starting point of the chord a bend strength of 0 on the string at the that isnt bended too else the game will ask you to bend both strings.

for example the chord is a 9/12 (e/b string) bended chord. It needs to be authored in tech mode with a 0/0 bend strength at the beginning of the chord and than obviously a 2 on the 12 later on if its a bend with strength of 2 half steps. EOF does import at the moment only the 0 and the 2 for the b string and leaves the e string empty. The game will ask from you to bend both strings up based on revision 1353 if it stays that way. The 0 on the e string seems to be needed, that i got it fixed.

It was a few revisions ago correct but not its not. The tab that i posted earlier does also have this situation.

btw. was there a special reason why the midi tone for fret hand mutes was removed, can i activate it back because i cant find a setting for it.

I have noticed on a lot of occasions that in solos hopos are sometimes not imported correctly, in most cases instead of a pull off a hammer on is imported.

I'll check it out.

Hey, Raynebc, I'm using key_code as key_char when key_char > 255 works great for qwerty keyboards(anyway eof won't accept my non ASCII chars..)

if(eof_key_uchar < 255)
	eof_key_char = tolower(eof_key_uchar);
else
	eof_key_char = eof_key_code + 96;
hue hue

I'll go ahead and add this change.

I have one more issue that i noticed lately, a few revisions ago you changed something in the way how tech notes are imported from the gp file.

It was a few revisions ago correct but not its not. The tab that i posted earlier does also have this situation.

I don't see why it would have been working as expected before, but not now. Here's how the partial chord bend imported in RC10:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Partial_chord_bend_RC10_zpsf74ccf7b.jpg

And in the latest revision:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Partial_chord_bend_r1353_zpsbaea76ea.jpg

In RC10, the bend points were applied to all strings, and it would have still resulted in the game saying both strings have to be bent. Can anybody confirm that bend strengths of 0 have to be defined on all strings in a chord that are not bent, if any of the strings do bend?

btw. was there a special reason why the midi tone for fret hand mutes was removed, can i activate it back because i cant find a setting for it.

A few months ago, I added an option in Song>Audio Cues about whether string muted notes trigger the clap cue, but it's enabled by default. MIDI tones have not played tones for fully string muted notes since r1164. You may just need to enable both MIDI tones and claps at the same time to get the effect you're wanting.

I don't see why it would have been working as expected before, but not now. Here's how the partial chord bend imported in RC10:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Partial_chord_bend_RC10_zpsf74ccf7b.jpg

And in the latest revision:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/Partial_chord_bend_r1353_zpsbaea76ea.jpg

In RC10, the bend points were applied to all strings, and it would have still resulted in the game saying both strings have to be bent. Can anybody confirm that bend strengths of 0 have to be defined on all strings in a chord that are not bent, if any of the strings do bend?

you are right in RC10 it was also wrong, now i remember how i was doing it, in RC10 i usually always removed based on your RC10 screen in tech mode the 2 from the string that is not bend.

I tried it today with my custom, it was in the beginning like in your screenshot from the latest revision and that method does not work. The game shows you to bend both strings. I than changed it how i always author it and added a 0 to the other string. Thats how i have done it all the time and it was shown in the game correctly.

my guess is that without tech note on the string that is not bend this string will get the value of the normal mode bend strength and that is a 2. ill give the xml a look.

If no tech note is placed on the string that is not bend

• Administrator

I would not put a bend point at 0 but i would delete the bend status and the chord and just rely on the tech note here.

It didn't worked before and it's still not working mostly because of the bend status applied to the chord. Tech note take priorities but if there's none then it's the note status that will be used by RS and in both of your image you can see that the chord is set with a bend with a force of 2 (in the boxe under the chord).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I would not put a bend point at 0 but i would delete the bend status and the chord and just rely on the tech note here.

something like a bend status is to me a base information, i use tech mode to add details to that base information.

By deleting the base information i will loose in normal view readability and could also break the future proof of it.

putting a 0 in is way more easier.

I understand the issue now. The way EOF is meant to work, having a bend status applied to a note affects all strings, and tech notes only override on a per-string basis. I did confirm that status is what is causing the other string to export as a bend note, removing that status (just leaving the tech note) allowed it to export the way you wanted:

<chord time="263.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="11" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="263.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="16" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.750" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
            <bendValues count="3">
              <bendValue time="263.250" step="0.000"/>
              <bendValue time="263.438" step="2.000"/>
              <bendValue time="263.997" step="2.000"/>
            </bendValues>
          </chordNote>
          <chordNote time="263.250" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="14" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
The reason EOF is applying the bend status to the normal note is so that it will show up as a chord bend in Rocksmith 1 with the hacky method of drawing single notes on top of a chord. If nothing else I agree that displaying the normal note with bend status and overriding where appropriate with 0 strength tech bends would make it easier to see which chords are played bent when tech view isn't in effect. It shouldn't matter for future proofing anything though.

Edit: After thinking about it, this may not be a good option to program into EOF because it would only work properly if the bend note started from a released state. If it was a chord with a pre-bend on one string, the other strings couldn't have a tech note at the start of the chord that have a strength of 0 because the tech note at that position is needed to define the pre-bend strength. I may be able to come up with a way to draw a tab symbol if a tech note makes a note bend. That would be the best of both worlds.

Hi, folks.

The latest hotfix (r1355) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

**Added a keyboard handling change suggested by Alex360 to handle non-ASCII character keys.

*Fixed a GP import bug that could cause pull offs to be interpreted as hammer ons.

*Improved GP import to not apply bend status to entire chords when only some of the chord's strings are bent.

*Improved the tab notation to display the bend symbol in parentheses if any bend tech notes are applied to the string.

*Fixed a bug with the seek to previous grid snap function where it could move the seek position to the start of the chart instead of the position of the first beat marker.

*Added a "Note>Move grid snap" menu with functions that move all selected notes one grid snap position forward or backward. The CTRL+[ and CTRL+] shortcuts have been assigned to these functions.

The new functions to move notes forward/backward by grid snap should become the preferred way to re-align notes after a GP import, removing the need to copy/delete/seek/paste the notes. I've wanted to add functionality like this for a while but I hadn't made time for it until now. I'd like to combine this with the click and drag logic but that would take some more logic, but it's closer to being achievable now.

• Like 2

*Fixed a GP import bug that could cause pull offs to be interpreted as hammer ons.

looks like its fixed

*Improved the tab notation to display the bend symbol in parentheses if any bend tech notes are applied to the string.

Is it possible to add the bend strength in the parentheses too?

*Added a "Note>Move grid snap" menu with functions that move all selected notes one grid snap position forward or backward. The CTRL+[ and CTRL+] shortcuts have been assigned to these functions.

CTRL+[ and CTRL+] does not work as it should for me, it does only change the note number in the gem.

i can only place a [ or ] using ctrl+alt+[ or ]

I also found a new issues with bended chords with the latest revision. At bar 150 the bended chords dont have after import a sustain. The bended chords at bar 158 have a sustain.

I guess that the problem at bar 150 is because of the distance to each other.

Here is the tab http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/metallica/damage_inc_guitar_pro.htm?utm_expid=18438345-111.Q1aK1G7iRCmXgCzpZOFiHA.0

• Administrator

Do you use something else than a qwerty layout? I know that i have for some key to use the qwerty position instead of the azerty position indicated on my keyboard so that might explain the fact that it doesn't work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Is it possible to add the bend strength in the parentheses too?

The strength of the first bend tech note encountered would probably be as close as it could get, but that probably wouldn't be very helpful since many bend notes start with a 0 strength bend tech note to control where the bend starts.

CTRL+[ and CTRL+] does not work as it should for me, it does only change the note number in the gem.

i can only place a [ or ] using ctrl+alt+[ or ]

This keyboard shortcut will probably only work with keyboard layouts where the [ and ] keys are in the same location as they are on a US English keyboard. Since the CTRL modifier is used, the ASCII codes are unreliable (CTRL+[ gives the same ASCII code as the Escape key for example).

I also found a new issues with bended chords with the latest revision. At bar 150 the bended chords dont have after import a sustain. The bended chords at bar 158 have a sustain.

I don't know what's causing the issue, I'll have to look into it.

About grid snap shortcut keys :

G: grid snap off/on 
G +shift : grid display
, .            cycle grid snap settings (on/off; 1/4 to 1/48)

With grid snap on:

R +ctrl +shift : grid snap selected notes (and shorten/lengthen their sustain!) to closest grid, randomly forward or backward

[ +ctrl           : move selected notes without shorten/lengthen sustain to previous grid snaps         (Quertz ü, Azerty right to "p") 
] +ctrl           : move selected notes without shorten/lengthen sustain to next grid snaps   (Quertz +, Azerty right+1 to "p")

Edited by TomSawyer2112

R +ctrl +shift : grid snap selected notes (and their sustain!) to closest grid, randomly forward or backward[/color]

It's not random. The notes each move to whichever grid snap position is closest to it, whether that's a forward or backward movement depends on the chart.

[ +ctrl : move selected notes without sustain to previous grid snaps

] +ctrl : move selected notes without sustain to next grid snaps

Notes with sustains are moved as well.

Yes, what I meant to say is

- the position to the nearest grid may be random, which makes grid snapping sometimes unpredictable, with R +ctrl+shift

- sustains are moved, but they are not shortened to next grid as with R +ctrl+shift

Useful to know for tech-notes at the tail of sustains.

Tech-notes are not grid snapped moved with notes

I got this fixed, it was because of the way EOF now no longer applies bend status to the entire chord during GP import, so it wasn't recognizing when they still had bend status applied with tech notes. After the change, the "GP import truncates short notes" preference correctly handles it by not truncating those chords.

also, can I force to import PM notes with minimum note sustain? or where I can change it myself? gp_import.c?

Do any official charts put a sustain on palm muted notes? I'd like the default import behavior to work like the official charts when possible. In the mean time, you could probably do something like add this:

if(np[ctr2]->flags & EOF_PRO_GUITAR_NOTE_FLAG_PALM_MUTE)
{	//If this note has palm mute technique
	np[ctr2]->length = 1;	//Remove the note's sustain
}
around line 4100 of gp_import.c, either before or after the "if(note_is_short && eof_gp_import_truncate_short_notes)" conditional block.
  • Like 1

@@raynebc, yes I figured it out, just put another "or" for truncate short notes.
*official PM things*

Mostly single notes are 0 sustain (PM'ted chords have kinda length but it's only for handshape)

Catched sustain for PM notes with any slide (Captain Obvious says that it is a normal behaviour)
Catched Accented note with 1.365 sustain (in Aerials Rhythm) oO

<note time="240.745" linkNext="0" accent="1" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="1" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="1.365" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0" />

*bug with ctrl+]*

I've got a bug, when I select all notes and move them using this tech it combines\erases trailing notes.

I forget how to move notes like Push offset Up\Down for the bpm :(

Any other opinions on whether EOF should just drop the sustain from imported GP notes that are palm muted (except where sustains are mandatory such as with slide/vibrato notes)?

*bug with ctrl+]*

I've got a bug, when I select all notes and move them using this tech it combines\erases trailing notes.

I'll need to look into this.

I forget how to move notes like Push offset Up\Down for the bpm :(

I'm not sure what you mean?

Another request, if it's possible. add ability to autoadd measures when you need to move notes outside end of the audio(like you did for gp import.) extend to extra 8 measures 4\4 or what # of measures you can safely handle..

I have no much data to analyze, but most cases are covered with PM's

about last I said that ctrl+[ and ctrl+] reminds me functions Push offset Up\Down from the bpm menu.