raynebc

can you import voices,theres only 4 voices you cane put in GP5

|  

-------|---2--|-------------- <------ voice1

-------2------2-------------- <------ voice1

---0--------------0---------- <------ voice2

|              |

in eof you can only imput voice1

Nothing wrong with my EOF about "shift things", but GP imported note(A3) with vibrato effect at 2 empty extra measures(tied note was placed there) as note with linknext attribute and add next note at the same string, but 55 fret (A7)  :angry:

Something goes wrong, yay.

I found the culprit: It's Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems KB2993651

Uninstall this update (Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Installed Updates), reboot the computer, and the keys work just fine.

I'll ask around to see if there's anything I can do about this, but even Microsoft admitted there are some known issues (none of them seem to mention anything keyboard related) with the update and are working on at least one of them.

hi raynebc,

Unfortunately, there are very many import error while GP importing with hotfix r1348.

Based on your pictures, this is correct and expected behavior when a tie note has different techniques from the note it extends. Without the GP file in question to look at, I'm going to say it's more likely that the GP file is not authored the way it should be to get the desired result (ie. if you want a long harmonic note, all tie notes need to also be marked with harmonic technique and not just the first note).

Lots of glitches with GP imports in the last few releases .. also makes it impossible to add DD from the DD Generator.

Without a file and specific examples I'm going to assume this is the same as RSBass was talking about. If necessary, I can make the new handling of tie notes a user preference (maybe off by default), but that's probably the best I can do unless somebody can elaborate on the problem and demonstrate that it's not behavior I expect to occur in EOF.

can you import voices,theres only 4 voices you cane put in GP5

GP5 only has two voices, but it's a known limitation EOF can only import the first (lead) voice. I was under the impression that the use of multiple voices in a single GP track is likely to be pretty rare. Are there enough people that run into multi-voice GP files that this would be worth improving support for?

GP imported note(A3) with vibrato effect at 2 empty extra measures(tied note was placed there) as note with linknext attribute and add next note at the same string, but 55 fret (A7)

If you send me a GP file with details, I'll look into it.

hi raynebc,

Unfortunately, there are very many import error while GP importing with hotfix r1348.

Based on your pictures, this is correct and expected behavior when a tie note has different techniques from the note it extends. Without the GP file in question to look at, I'm going to say it's more likely that the GP file is not authored the way it should be to get the desired result (ie. if you want a long harmonic note, all tie notes need to also be marked with harmonic technique and not just the first note).

Hm, look to my last 2 Pic... Fret 38 or 42 after Import with r1348??? I need a new Guitar with a big Neck :lol:

Sorry, i think r1341 is better for me in the moment or your "default/off" for tie later :)

• Administrator

I do have problem with GP import with R1348 :

http://i.imgur.com/Vez0WlW.png

The linked slides import as non linked slides, the 7 turns into a 1 with no reason and the end slide doens't import.

all the project files are here :

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2a2JpZW0yeWJXTnc&usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hm, look to my last 2 Pic... Fret 38 or 42 after Import with r1348??? I need a new Guitar with a big Neck :lol:

Sorry, i think r1341 is better for me in the moment or your "default/off" for tie later :)

Having a GP file that causes this will help me fix it.

I do have problem with GP import with R1348 :

http://i.imgur.com/Vez0WlW.png

The linked slides import as non linked slides, the 7 turns into a 1 with no reason and the end slide doens't import.

I'll check it out.

Apart from fixing some bugs, I may need to consider changing the new tie-note logic to only create linknext notes if the tie note adds a technique the original note doesn't. In many/most cases people that make GP files may not author tie notes the way EOF wants them to be with regards to techniques.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1349) is in the first post. This improves the new tie note logic in two ways:

1. The tie note is not converted to a linked note unless it defines the use of a technique that the previous note did not. This is how any delayed technique notes are likely to be defined in the GP file.

2. Guitar Pro doesn't define the proper fret number for tie notes, so EOF was using whatever leftover fret number was last read for that string. For keyboard and percussion tracks, the fret number could go well above 30 so this could explain some unusually high fret values seen in the previous hotfix.

Please let me know if there are any GP import issues left.

I'm not complaining because I don't know if this is expected behavior or not.  But I upgraded to 1349 today and seen this

http://images.ukcs.net/13647/EoF_1349_Import_Logic_Tied_Notes.JPG

Thought it might help with discussion on import logic for tied notes.  There are some impossible combinations (E3+G15 for example), so it seems like it should not be happening.

I can provide the GP file if it will help.

For the record I do like 1349, it seems to import tech notes more on the money.  Not perfect (some beats are still off compared to the note gems) but there were no tech notes going on to the next note.

So thanks :D

There is one problem with GP import: a chord where one note is bent is imported as a chord with both notes bent (tech notes)

I've improved this so that each string's bend points are imported individually instead of being applied to the entire chord.

I'm not complaining because I don't know if this is expected behavior or not. But I upgraded to 1349 today and seen this

http://images.ukcs.net/13647/EoF_1349_Import_Logic_Tied_Notes.JPG

Could you try importing that GP file in r1341 to see if it was treated the same way? I suspect it does, but I'm not sure.

(some beats are still off compared to the note gems)

Could you elaborate on this, perhaps with an example GP file? I don't know what you mean.

Well I thought I'd better check my facts because I get a bit scared talking to you :)

I'm glad I did cause I worked it out.  If you import on 120bpm it's (almost) perfect.  If you import on a different bpm (I normally find the bpm and set it before I import) there are red tech notes everywhere, and you need to snap them on to the real notes manually - it can get a bit tedious with Jimi solos.

Then I just tried importing at 120bpm and then changing the bpm with adjust notes engaged.  It came out perfect again.

I'll just take that route in future.  Not sure if it's been mentioned before or the advice is to import at 120, would have saved me a good few hours of sniper style mouse action :(

For reference, here is the GP file I used to test just then.  With a 120 import the first red tech note is a few mins in, but importing on the song's 154bpm you can see them straight away.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p0aput

I tried 1341 and, bad luck, it worked

http://images.ukcs.net/13647/EoF_1341_Import_Logic_Tied_Notes.JPG

I've went back to 1349, ever forward :)

I'll look into these. The second issue, with the tie chords, is a bit different. The screen capture didn't show that it imported 100% as the user might expect, since the way it is authored, the first note overlaps the second one. I may have to see if this is something that isn't too complicated to work out in the import.

@@Chlipouni read this: http://customsforge.com/topic/10554-new-list-of-eof-shortcuts-after-strange-input-problems/

Me and TomSawyr2112 had the same problem. I fixed mine by uninstalling a windows update: Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems KB2993651

Thank you a lot !

Obviously this sticky key with the ctrl and shift button is a windows problem.

So I finally did the obvious and checked windows sticky keys,

on win8.1 called "Make the keyboard easier to use" (ease of access center).

They somehow turned on "Toggle keys by holding down NUM Lock for 5 seconds)

They have some kind of humor, as I never asked for this.

The sticky keys have gone, for a while ...

I tried a few things this morning and found something.

I am predicting that the red tech notes are simply maths rounding errors, or indeed the difference between using milliseconds for calculations and beats for calculation.

I imported a song at 120bpm and it was perfect, moved it to the GP file's suggestion of 176bpm (nasty number) and there was red everywhere.  I then found that the song's real tempo was 180bpm, so I erased everything and started a new project (ocd like that...).

When I imported at 120 then moved to 180 things were much, much nicer.  Not as perfect as 120, but a world of difference from 176.

If nothing can be done it can't be done, at least I understand a bit about what's going on now and can maybe bend a few tempos around to suit myself :)