Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I'll update RS export to require the chord's sustain to be kept if it has vibrato technique.

good idea. Are there any features left that we need to look at.....before a RS2015 might be unveiled at the E3 :P

btw. it would be nice if you could bind "toggle force sustain" to a keyboard shortcut. s looks free or replace ctrl+shift+s (slap)

I can't think of any other techniques that require the sustain that EOF doesn't already retain (bend, slide, unpitched slide, vibrato).

I might go ahead and assign the 'S' key to a toggle force sustain function, I don't see that would be a problem.

What do you think about merging

Rocksmith->Tone Change->List

and

Rocksmith->Tone Change->Names

would it not be better to add the two buttons in Names (default, rename) to the List window? That way we have all functions in one window instead of having to switch between the two.

What do you think about merging Rocksmith->Tone Change->ListandRocksmith->Tone Change->Names would it not be better to add the two buttons in Names (default, rename) to the List window? That way we have all functions in one window instead of having to switch between the two.

Those both serve different purposes though. "List" shows all tone changes, where "Names" only shows the unique tone names used in the track. Even if they were combined, there would have to be a radio button or something to switch between those different views. I could probably add a button to each dialog so that it would change to the other one though without having to close out of the dialog and re-enter the Track menu. Not the exact same thing you were asking for but it should take most of the annoyance out of it. And it would be easy for me to add.

I hate alternate endings, could EOF just ignore them? Its took not so much to remove them at GP tab, but what if we just ignore them at all(for now or forever)

I agree they're a pain, but importing the tab as accurately as possible is what I imagine the best option would be. The GP import code is pretty complicated, and even just adding user options for something like this could break things pretty easily.

I could probably add a button to each dialog so that it would change to the other one though without having to close out of the dialog and re-enter the Track menu. Not the exact same thing you were asking for but it should take most of the annoyance out of it. And it would be easy for me to add.

oh i was thinking as always too complicated hehe. yeah a button that leads to the other window is more than enough :)

sorry for question: is there an option to MOVE notes together with TECH notes? till now I move separately notes and then TECH notes, but maybe I miss something here what I should know :)

Unfortunately I have gotten to this yet, if you're moving notes by clicking and dragging, you have to move the tech notes separately. Moving notes by clicking and dragging beat markers should automatically move the tech notes.

Tried downloading and installing ver1338 but it says some files (libfftw3-3.dll) are missing. Anyone?

That file is included in the release candidate. Make sure you're extracting the hotfix into the same folder you extracted the release candidate (EOF1.8RC10) into, so that the hotfix replaces the eof.exe file.

yeah a button that leads to the other window is more than enough :)

OK, I'll add this to my to do list. It should make the tone changes system feel less clunky.
  • Like 1

Sorry, been out of the loop for a little while and have a lingering question to which I have found no answer.

About 10 hotfixes ago, raynebc introduced a yellow highlight toggleable feature that could highlight notes that are out of or have fallen out of grid snap.

Ever since then I've had this issue where I see a bunch of notes that are grid snapped but which appear with the yellow highlight as though they are not grid-snapped. I figure it is a floating point round off issue but since no one has commented on this I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Here is a screenshot of one sequence in my project that shows highlight where I think it shouldn't. All 4 instances highlighted are in grid-snap 1/32 but the one I circle in red is one that most easily proves my point since it lands perfectly on a beat marker. Just to be sure I resnapped using CTRL+SHIFT+R. No change.

Any help would be appreciated as I am tempted to ignore the yellow highlight but then it feels like that defeats the purpose of this great feature.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/SmithyAnvilStuff/Question%20-%20Non-gridsnap%20highlight%20when%20gridsnapped/Iamgridsnappedbuthighlightsaysnon-gridsnapped_zps51df4e01.png

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Sorry, been out of the loop for a little while and have a lingering question to which I have found no answer.

About 10 hotfixes ago, raynebc introduced a yellow highlight toggleable feature that could highlight notes that are out of or have fallen out of grid snap.

Ever since then I've had this issue where I see a bunch of notes that are grid snapped but which appear with the yellow highlight as though they are not grid-snapped. I figure it is a floating point round off issue but since no one has commented on this I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Here is a screenshot of one sequence in my project that shows highlight where I think it shouldn't. All 4 instances highlighted are in grid-snap 1/32 but the one I circle in red is one that most easily proves my point since it lands perfectly on a beat marker. Just to be sure I resnapped using CTRL+SHIFT+R. No change.

Any help would be appreciated as I am tempted to ignore the yellow highlight but then it feels like that defeats the purpose of this great feature.

Posted Image

Have you updated your EOF to EOF 1.8RC10(r1337) and updated that to r1338?

Hi Madmaxx. Yes I have. This problem I am having has been in every hotfix since  approx 1327. Just wondering if I need to do something better or if there is a problem with the new feature.

Thanks Madmaxx!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

The screenshot didn't come through, but even if it did, I'd probably need to have the project file to see what's going on.

Oh, I just realized that would be nice to have a resulting note(or fret) display for bends with full steps in bends window easy todo, but not sure if that would be useful for others :)

I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Hi raynebc,

As recommended here is a  link to my project.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6tl5zpe03i18qg/IronMaiden-NoMoreLies-Berneer-vBeta7.1.eof

If you are wondering, yes it is still the same bloody song you've been answering questions about since December. :oops: I've basically resynched it all and started from scratch :???:

Thanks so much for offering to help.

Oh, and I will read all posts on this thread to see what I need to update for the next update to the Tech Notes tutorial. I haven't abandoned you. Just extremely busy in the summer running my soccer league and accompanying amateur but detailed stats web site.

It seems the "Highlight non grid snapped notes" option is not enabled, so the highlighting won't update when you move/resnap notes. After enabling that feature, the highlighting was removed from all guitar notes except one at 5:06.

Oh I see how it works now! I took for granted it would auto-refresh as soon as a non-grid-snapped note was moved to grid but since you found I had turned it off all I had to do was turn it back on to the redo the check and all the highlight disappeared because my notes are in snap. Then I went to another arrangement, the feature was enabled this time, and many notes were highlighted as off-snap so disabling then immediatly re-enabling the feature got the highlighting to update and disappear since my notes are in synch.

Nice feature that it catches tech notes out of snap too when in Tech View. It's a good reminder of where tech notes were purposely placed millseconds out of grid snap so as affect the current note and not the following adjacent note.

Thank-you raynebc! As always, most helpful! So helpful I most certainly credited you in my song posting released last month only as a beta and as well in the future official posting.

Have you thought about adding the ability to chart harmonies and pro keys? Forgive me if this has been asked before (more than likely has), but I don't see it being that difficult to implement. Vocals already uses a piano roll that could easily be used for keys and harmonies. Also, something else that would help in top quality Rock Band customs, the ability to chart venue and drum animations with EOF. Reaper is so clunky for me to use it'd be a godsend.

Edit: And one error, using the 1338 hotfix. Every time I hover over Lyrics->lyric lines it just sort of stutters, like it's trying to open the menu but never does. I can't add vocal overdrive because of this.