Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

The only problem I have now is that when I try to transpose the MIDI up by two octaves so that it fits into the range of my 61 key keyboard I end up with the individual notes all getting smeared together into infinitely long sustains, but I think that's my own failure in figuring out how to work the MIDI editor I'm using...

It does sound like a MIDI editor issue, which one are you using? If it helps, I could probably add an eof.cfg entry so that you can define how many octaves up to transpose the bass track for the musical MIDI file. It would default to 0, but you would then be able to manually edit the file while EOF is closed (it's text format) to indicate 2 octaves. Let me know if that works for you.

Yeah, that would work, but I'd need it to work on both guitar and bass.

I've been using a program called MuseScore to do my transposing, and when I asked for some help over on the Synthesia forum Nicholas suggested that the length of the notes in the MIDI files EOF produces may be problematically short.

https://www.synthesiagame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6544

If each track needs to be transposed by a user defined amount it may be better that we work around the MuseScore bug by having EOF write the notes to be longer than their authored 1ms lengths. When the next hotfix is posted, let me know if you're able to transpose the MIDI in MuseScore without the problems you'd mentioned.

• Like 1

If each track needs to be transposed by a user defined amount it may be better that we work around the MuseScore bug by having EOF write the notes to be longer than their authored 1ms lengths. When the next hotfix is posted, let me know if you're able to transpose the MIDI in MuseScore without the problems you'd mentioned.

Yeah, that's probably the better solution. I'll be sure to let you know!

A question/suggestion, is it possible to turn a unison bend from chord to notes? There is a problem with detection in-game, it works fine with normal bend or release bend but problem with prebend (normal string registered correctly but bend-ed string misses in every chord). The only way to overcome this is by editing the xml but most of the time produce error with toolkit or ddc.

Just author the notes at least 1ms apart from each other and use the "crazy" status (Note>Toggle crazy) to allow them to overlap each other. You can define each as a bend note, and they won't export as a chord in these circumstances.

Hi Raynebc,

I tried to add tech notes on a track, but when I use the right-click to add a box on an existing note there is only a pop-up menu without a choice concerning the tech notes ...

Is there a menu or a key to add a box ?

Second question : in the normal view (not the tech view), how to add a new note on the track (menu ?, key ?)

Thanks

Notes are placed the same way in normal and tech mode. What input method are you using? In Rex Mundi mode, right clicking brings up a context menu instead of toggling a gem on or off, and you use the number keys 1 through 6 to place/remove a gem on the corresponding string.

Hi, folks. EOF 1.8RC10 (r1336) is in the first post. Changes since last hotfix are as follows:

*Fixed a bug that prevented the 5 lane drums and open strum track options from working (non pro guitar tracks).

*Improved the musical MIDI export logic to pad each note to a minimum of 1/8 beat length, or otherwise as long as it can be without overlapping a subsequent note.

*Fixed a GP import bug where the track's fret limit might not increase to reflect the imported tablature.

*Removed the vibrato speed features since it has been determined Rocksmith doesn't actually support a variable vibrato speed.

The obligatory wall of text changelog for RC10 is available here:

http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=626390#p626390

• Like 3

Hi, folks. EOF 1.8RC10 (r1336) is in the first post. Changes since last hotfix are as follows:*Improved the musical MIDI export logic to pad each note to a minimum of 1/8 beat length, or otherwise as long as it can be without overlapping a subsequent note.

Wonderful! I'll give it a go and see if it makes my transposing for Synthesia work properly now.

I gave it a try with Tom Petty's song Good Enough.

The midi generated by EOF wroked fine in Synthesia, as before, and as before some of the notes were below the range of my 61 key keyboard, so I opened it up in MuseScore and transposed everything up by two octaves.

That worked, but now some of the notes from the Lead arrangement were above the range of my keyboard, so I tried to transpose just that arrangement back down to the original pitch and leave the rest up.

When I did that, I started getting weird sustains showing up in the Lead arrangement.

I also tried going back to the original midi and transposing just the Bass and Rhythm arrangements while leaving the Lead untouched, but I still ended up with the same sustain problems on the Lead part.

Whenever I open any of these midi files in MuseScore it asks me what the minimum note length is, and I always select 1/8th since that's the length you made it output as a minimum in a previous hotfix.

Perhaps I should use a smaller or larger number there to fix this issue. I'll experiment a bit and see if it changes anything.

Also, I noticed something else that might be worth mentioning.

In this song the Rhythm arrangement is all chords, and in Rocksmith they all come with a highlighted "chord zone" after them which is used in the game to represent how long you're meant to keep strumming or letting the chord ring out for.

It's like the sustain tails on notes, but less strict I think.

Anyway, on the guitar I always leave my chords ringing through that zone, but in the midi file here, they're played and them immediately stopped afterwards. I think they would sound a lot better if they were sustained for the length of that "chord zone".

Edit:

Doing the transposition again from the original midi with 1/128 selected as the minimum note length on opening seemed to keep it from creating strange sustains on the Lead arrangement.

The "chord zone" is a handshape tag, it basically goes around several consecutive, identical chords. They don't reflect just one chord instance. EOF ends the handshape tag at the end of the last consecutive, identical chord so it should be pretty much the same as the musical MIDI export. Rocksmith is much more lax and will let people play whatever they want in addition to the notes it wants you to play without penalty. The MIDI EOF saves will reflect what is really charted, so it may be necessary to make alterations to it if you want it to be different between the two programs (Synthesia and Rocksmith).

The minimum note lenth EOF is using is closer to 1/32, so as long as you user a smaller note length like the one you mentioned, it should hopefully avoid MuseScore combining them. This must have been what was happening before when the note lengths were 1 delta tick long.

• Like 1

That is the clipboard file EOF makes whenever notes are copied. The benefit of using a clipboard file instead of just storing the clipboard in memory is that it allows people to copy and paste between different EOF instances.

Also, the copy function was broken for non pro guitar notes, so I updated the release candidate. In case you just want the updated exe file, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oxz0t5k7dqk4eoe/eof_hotfix_(r1337).zip

PS, this is officially the most "leet" release of EOF ever.

That is the clipboard file EOF makes whenever notes are copied. The benefit of using a clipboard file instead of just storing the clipboard in memory is that it allows people to copy and paste between different EOF instances.Also, the copy function was broken for non pro guitar notes, so I updated the release candidate. In case you just want the updated exe file, here it is:http://www.mediafire.com/download/oxz0t5k7dqk4eoe/eof_hotfix_(r1337).zipPS, this is officially the most "leet" release of EOF ever.

I have been noticing that tech notes get imported double as much as needed. I usually delete what is double but im not sure what is best, to keep it how its imported or to clean it up.

for example you get these tech notes as bend strength imported

70-2-2-0-0--    *   *

to me there is a 2 and a 0 too much (marked with*), i would clean it up to this

70-2---0----

• Administrator

Nop, here's what you get in each case :

0-2-2-0-0--

_/----____

0-2---0----

_/____

/ indicate that you bend

indicate that you release

_ keep at 0

- keep at 2

In words : the second case will slowly release right after you bend will the first cas will keep the bend and quickly release

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I have been noticing that tech notes get imported double as much as needed.

I assume you're referring to GP import? If you can provide a sample file with information about which bend (ie. measure # of track #) isn't importing the way you expect, I can check it out and see if there is a problem.

There is in my project a sustain that i cant make shorter using the mouse wheel for whatever reason.

Its in the PART REAL BASS arrangement at measure 110. Its a 0 with a sustain of 1/4, i can make it longer but not shorter than 1/4 using the mouse wheel.

This issues does exist since a few month but its very rare. I think that we discussed it a few month ago when someone else also had this issue.

Here the .eof

http://www.sendspace.com/file/actuhc

If i place in the middle of the sustain a note, delete that note and try to make the sustain shorter it works again but if i make that sustain again 1/4 long it cant be made shorter again.

I hope you can reproduce it. Im using rexmundi if it matters and r1337

I think I've got it fixed. The conditions have to be just right to trigger this, ie. based on the beat mapping. In the mean time you should be able to shorten it before the beat marker it overlaps if you temporarily disable grid snap (Edit>Grid snap>Off).

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (1338) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed bugs with RS1 and RS2 exports where identical chords that had different fingering wouldn't export correctly.

*Fixed a bug with RS2 export where a chord's template would be incorrectly written if any of its notes were string muted with no fret value defined and the arrangement defines the use of a capo.

*Fixed a rare problem where attempting to shorten a note when grid snap is enabled could cause fail and leave it ending at a beat position.

*Improved GP import's handling of slide direction detection. GP3 files' slide notation will no longer cause the following note to be removed, since GP3's format defines slides in a more ambiguous way than GP5.

• Like 3

You may want to check the XML to ensure that the chordNotes themselves show that vibrato technique is indicated as expected, and that the chord itself is sustained. If those criteria are met and it still doesn't show as vibrato in game, do we know for sure the game supports this technique for chords?

Here is i think that chord

<chord time="128.608" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="9" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="up"><chordNote time="128.608" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80" /><chordNote time="128.608" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="5" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80" /></chord>

This is what is written in the xml of my custom

<chord time="20.829" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="26" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"><chordNote time="20.829" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/><chordNote time="20.829" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/></chord>

The only difference that i see is the sustain="0" vs. sustain="0.000"

The sustain in my custom is actually 1/8 long but only with the V status without the sustain status.