Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

You can remove the highlighting for all notes in the active track using the "Track>Erase highlighting" function, then you can try the function again. The function only adds highlighting, it doesn't replace highlighting. I considered doing that, but I didn't want one check to automatically remove another check's highlighting in case the author wasn't done working with the highlighted notes yet. Do you guys think it should automatically remove existing highlighting? Should it ask whether or not to do so?

Ahh ok i didnt noticed the Erase highlighting, is its use shared with other features?

I see it now like this:

1. leave it how it is now and let it switch off using Erase highlighting

2. change the "highlighting non grid snapped notes" to an ON/OFF toggle and also show the hook if on or off

3. "highlighting non grid snapped notes" can be activated manually by the user but if resnap is used automatically disable the highlighting because all notes should be snapped.

Now that i know how to disable it i can live with 1.

I'm leaning toward having it prompt whether or not to remove existing highlighting in the track. Having it automatically highlight all notes that are moved/placed based on their grid snapping would be more work, so I'd rather keep it an on-demand kind of thing.

@@raynebc, thanks a lot for this new highlighting feature of non grid snapped notes !

I tried it yesterday and it is very useful to detect the notes which are not on the grid.

But I was surprised that the "resnap" function didn't automatically hide the highlighting on the corrected notes

So to improve this functionality without adding too many lines of code, you could do :

- only one entry in the menu with an ON/OFF toggle function (display or hide the highlighting notes)

- two automatic calls to this function (in OFF mode first, then in ON mode) after a resnap if the highlighting mode was activated (no call otherwise)

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1327) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where if the BPM Change function auto-adjusted notes beyond what was previously the end of the chart, the notes were deleted.

*Improved the Seek prev/next anchor functions so that they are available even when grid snap is enabled, the menu will just remove the shortcuts, which are assigned to prev/next grid snap when grid snap is enabled.

*Moved the the "Highlight non grid snapped notes" function to the Song menu and improved it so that it is a toggle-able setting for the entire project. The highlighting updates when notes are moved/resnapped or the grid snap value in use changes to/from a custom setting.

• Like 4

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1327) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:*Moved the the "Highlight non grid snapped notes" function to the Song menu and improved it so that it is a toggle-able setting for the entire project. The highlighting updates when notes are moved/resnapped or the grid snap value in use changes to/from a custom setting.

Well done it was also a good idea to leave the highlighting function ON even after resnapping, that way if i correct the bpm and notes loose the grid position again the highlighing function will continue to show me where to resnap again.

Definetly a major addition to EOF.....if you like high quality customs hehe.

Thanks for your hard work its really appreciated.

How can I download EoF to Mac? When I click on the link it diverts me to a weird site about apps.

The Mac build is a fair amount older than the latest Windows hotfix. A new release candidate (which will get a new Mac binary) is probably getting pretty close, but if you like I could ask the other EOF dev to make a Mac build now.

Have people figured out capos yet? I'm having a problem with capo chords.

Make sure the toolkit reflects that a capo is in use for the arrangement. If you can post the project file I'll take a look, but Rocksmith seems to have pretty glitchy support for capos as it is, or at least capo support is a little unstable for customs as a whole.

This is a very late reply to this question but if you could take a look at this project file and see if I'm doing something wrong I'd really appreciate it, it's the last issue I have to finish for this particular song. Here you go.

Edit: I should clarify that Part_Real_Guitar_22 is the part with the issue.

I'm noticing some weird stuff happening with manually entered finger #'s.

Manually entering the finger # (pressing the f key while a note is selected and filling in the boxes on the right) is overwriting the fingering for other different chords.  Is this happening to anyone else?  I jumped back several hotfixes and it's still happening, but I never noticed it before.

Hya, raynebc, I've found that function adjust notes works with loss of precision and notes slightly off grid snap(they are behind BPM markers). can you tell me what's wrong?

It's a old limitation that moving the same beat marker around multiple times can cause a note to go slightly out of grid snap. This is because each note has to round up to the nearest millisecond position, and this very slight loss of precision can add up to the point where a note is a millisecond or more from the correct grid snap position. This is why the traditional recommendation is to beat sync the chart first and then author/import notes afterward, and is probably why some authors choose to import a GP file, do some syncing to set up the beat markers and then delete and re-import the GP track, which would result in a track where all notes remain perfectly grid snapped. I may look into a way to ensure that if a note is grid snapped, it will re-snap to the appropriate position when auto-adjusted, but otherwise just about the best I can offer are features like the one to highlight notes that aren't grid snapped, so the author has way to correct rounding errors. 

Manually entering the finger # (pressing the f key while a note is selected and filling in the boxes on the right) is overwriting the fingering for other different chords. Is this happening to anyone else? I jumped back several hotfixes and it's still happening, but I never noticed it before.

If you can provide a project and steps to reproduce this (ie. editing the fingering for note # such and such alters the fingering for note # so and so), it could help me find the problem faster. Otherwise I'll need to do some testing to see if I can trigger this behavior.Edit: I should mention that it is intentional that the edit frets/finger dialog will offer to update other matching chords (identical fretting) to have the specified fingering, but it doesn't do that unless it's told to do so. Otherwise if more than one note was selected, all selected notes' fingering and fretting would be altered.

I don't know what other people think about this, but I would like a EoF to automatically append the "Linknext" status to slide notes. Maybe a user preference?

Edit: And maybe for chord slides, automatically append bothe the Linknext and the sustain status?

I'd like to know what other people think of this idea

I don't know, that seems pretty specific and slides don't always need to be authored that way. Also, the authored sustain for slide notes is always exported.

I'm noticing some weird stuff happening with manually entered finger #'s.

I found and fixed a bug just now where the finger fields just weren't updating correctly when the dialog was opened, that's probably what the issue was. Please let me know if it continues after the next hotfix.
  • Like 1

I don't know, that seems pretty specific and slides don't always need to be authored that way.

I can't actually think of a single official DLC that has a note head after a slide. As far as I know, they all have the linknext status (or however they call it) appended.

For legato slides, the ending fret of the slide is not played, but in shift slides they are. Even then, linknext is only needed if the slide isn't perfectly even from the start of the note to the end (ie. RS1 style slides where it's just a straight line from start fret to end fret). Is having the "toggle slide" function automatically add the "linknext" status something any other folks would be interested in as well (as a user preference)?

Having this as a user preference why not but i'm not sure it will be that usefull since it really depend on the song and the riff.

yeah its definetly a tough call to make it as default. adding an optional setting is probably best for those who need it.

I also think that its something that needs to be decided riff by riff but im not a professional musician.

I don't know, that seems pretty specific and slides don't always need to be authored that way.

I can't actually think of a single official DLC that has a note head after a slide. As far as I know, they all have the linknext status (or however they call it) appended.

Intro to Everlong is an example.  It slides up from a B to a G without being linked to anything.  There is a tiny bit of space separating the end of the slide and the next note.