Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-22-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a bug where if the notes panel was open when the exit prompt is invoked, the panel would be closed.

*Added a check used at the end of MIDI and GH import that gives the number of mid-measure time signature changes that are found and seeks to the first of them.

*Improved GH import to correct for authoring errors by allowing a time signature change to be moved up to 3ms if it was defined before/after a beat position instead of properly at that position. EOF will display a message during import if this occurs.

*Fixed a bug with the import of NOTE format GH files where the tempo map could be corrupted if non #/4 time signatures were imported.

*Changed the pro guitar note increment/decrement functions (CTRL+ +/- and CTRL+Scroll wheel) to affect string muted notes if they already have defined fret values.

*Fixed a bug where marking a new handshape phrase that is earlier than existing arpeggio/handshape phrases in the track would cause it to get marked as an arpeggio phrase instead, and could convert the last arpeggio phrase in the track into a handshape phrase.

*Added more thorough logic to test the existence of folders, to try to reduce false negatives in some scenarios, such as saving a project within the user's Desktop in Windows 10.

*Added a "GH import sustain threshold prompt" import preference that will enable a prompt during GH import about whether to remove the sustain from all imported notes that are not longer than the sustain threshold (one half of the first beat's length, rounded down as per GH3 rules) and if that option is selected during import, will also prompt whether to enforce a sustain trim of notes (one half of the sustain threshold, as per GH3 rules) that pass the sustain threshold.

*Added a "Paste at mouse" function to the Edit menu and Rex Mundi input mode's context menu, and it can also be used by pressing SHIFT+Insert. This function will paste at the cursor that follows the mouse's current grid snapped position instead of at the seek position.

*Fixed a bug where lyrics could be deleted at the end of a MIDI imported over the command line, such as by using "Open with" to have Windows open a MIDI with EOF.

*Improved GH import's slider phrase handling so that if the phrase ends at the start position of another note, the phrase is shortened to end with the last note applicable to the phrase instead of just shortening the phrase by an amount small enough that it could be negated by number rounding/quantization in MIDI export.

*Fixed a crash that could occur during lyric export if any lyrics contained only characters that are filtered out (^=%#/).

*Updated FoFLC to be able to export QRC format, which is an extended LRC variant popular in China.

*Added a "Save LRC, ELRC, QRC lyric files" export preference that will save the project's lyrics in each of those formats during save.

*Changed the Song>Track logic so that if any of the track's notes are highlighted, ! is used instead of * to indicate the track is populated.

*Improved MIDI import to check the notes imported for instrument tracks and highlight and warn about any chord snapping issues present (chords where gems were defined up to 10 delta ticks away from each other instead of at the same time as is proper). If there are any unsnapped chords, EOF will offer to correct them.

*Added a "Center isolation" feature (ie. to isolate center-panned vocals) for chart playback that can be toggled by using ALT+I or via the checkbox in File>Settings. A %CENTER_ISOLATION% macro was added to allow this to be tracked.

*Added a "Force pro drum MIDI notation" export preference, enabled by default, that will force all drum tracks to write to MIDI in Rock Band 3 style (all yellow, blue and green drum notes that are not authored as cymbals have tom markers written) to avoid a compatibility problem in Phase Shift.

*Added some logic to try to prevent the Allegro bug where the ALT key can get stuck when using the ALT+Tab combination to bring EOF in and out of the foreground.

*Improved GH import's SP phrase handling so that if the phrase ends at the start position of another note, the phrase is shortened to end with the last note applicable to the phrase instead of just shortening the phrase by an amount small enough that it could be negated by number rounding/quantization in MIDI export.

*Corrected the behavior of the tempo map validation logic when the accurate TS handling option in Song Properties has been disabled.

*Improved MIDI import so that if any non pro guitar instrument track's note limit is reached, EOF offers to import its expert difficulty only instead of just truncating the import of the track.

*Fixed a bug where if a beat with mid beat tempo change status (rendered blue) is deleted, that status is transferred to the prior beat.

*Added a "Beat>Remove mid-beat status" function that removes the status (which renders beat arrows blue for beats that were inserted to store mid-beat tempo/TS changes if that is enabled in import preferences during import) from the selected beat. At this time, this is just a cosmetic effect of returning normal status (and coloring) of the beat's arrow, to better keep track of any corrections that were made to a messy tempo map after an import.

*Added CTRL+Insert as a keyboard shortcut for Beat>Add.

*Fixed some bugs with the rendering of the fret catalog.

*Fixed a bug where "Note>Name>Edit" function would cancel if the only changes were to the case of letters (such as changing a letter from lower case to upper case).

*Added a check if RS1 or RS2 export is enabled so that if a note is named to include "maj" (in lowercase), EOF warns that Rocksmith may rename the chord automatically to indicate that it is a minor chord instead of a major chord. This check is run during normal save and when changing a note's name via "Note>Name>Edit" or "Note>Pro guitar>Edit pro guitar note".

• Like 4

Hello, I'm new here and I've been using EOF now for a couple of weeks to chart some Real Drums and I have a couple of questions.

I'm currently using this configuration for Phase Shift Charting. https://imgur.com/6bQFsd8

My questions are the following:

1. Am I able to add a blue note along a blue cymbal note? I've been trying Ctrl+ALT+B as said in "Note" window but I can't seem to see those 2 notes together.

And the second one is kind of stupid because EOF has nothing to do with this but here it comes:

2. Is it possible to add new colors within cymbals lines to add a more variety to cymbals? 

That one is more on the Phase Shift coding I'd say but asking never hurt anyone. 

Thanks a lot for your work, you're providing thousands of hours of entertainment.  :)

1. "Note>Drum>Toggle blue cymbal+tom" only works in the "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS" track, because Phase Shift is the only rhythm game that supports this specific notation.

2. Are you just wanting to change the appearance of the 3 different usable cymbals? You can alter and replace the PCX files used to draw the cymbals in the 3D preview, but changing the 2D rendering in the piano roll would require code changes and are thus less user-customizable.

1. "Note>Drum>Toggle blue cymbal+tom" only works in the "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS" track, because Phase Shift is the only rhythm game that supports this specific notation.

Yes, I'm using it on that particular track but it doesn't work for me. This is how I'm doing it:

1. I add the blue note and convert it to Blue Cymbal.

2. Ctrl+ALT+B to toggle that function.

3. Song-> Test in Phase Shift and only the blue cymbal note appears.

2. Are you just wanting to change the appearance of the 3 different usable cymbals? You can alter and replace the PCX files used to draw the cymbals in the 3D preview, but changing the 2D rendering in the piano roll would require code changes and are thus less user-customizable.

Let's say that I wanted to identify a Splash Cymbal. I'd personally add it on a yellow cymbal note. 

Well, the thing is that I'd like to change that yellow note to a (pick a color that's not Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue or Red since those are already for other notes) note but on the same line.

That's what I mean. Give more diversity at Cymbals since there are plenty: Stacks, chinas, crashes, rides, splash, bells... It sounds like a mess tho xD

1. You have to mark a note as a cymbal before you can apply cymbal+tom status. Please let me know if that does not work.

2. You can make your own PCX file if you want. EOF hotfixes come with the grabber command line utility, use:

grabber eof.dat
And you can "grab" (extract) one of the note_*_cymbal.pcx files by right clicking, selecting grab and specifying a place to save it. The images in question are 8 bit 48x48 PCX files, but you may be able to use a higher color depth or resolution, with the understanding that it may not immediately work well in EOF without me adding more handling for user-supplied images.
  • Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (10-30-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Fixed a MIDI export bug that could cause an invalid delta time to be written.

*Fixed a MIDI export bug that could cause corrupt timing when changing from a non #/4 time signature to a #/4 time signature.

*Added a warning during save and after MIDI/Feedback/GH import if the project has at least one section marker and there are any notes that are before it.

*Improved the fret catalog to be able to render beyond its one panel space automatically if the notes panel or 3D preview panel aren't there.

*Fixed bugs in INI import where metadata fields that were manually edited outside of EOF to be longer than EOF allows them to be would import fully instead of truncated and cause a buffer overflow and lead to unexpected program behavior. EOF will warn if an INI tag had to be truncated this way.

*Improved the chord resnapping logic that is offered during MIDI import to correctly handle re-aligning multiple gems that follow less than 11 delta ticks away from another gem.

*Added a warning during Feedback, MIDI and Guitar Hero imports if any sections were defined between beat markers and had to be moved to a beat marker position. The logging will note which events were moved and will display the original and re-assigned positions for each section.

*Improved MIDI import to check for nonstandard open strum markers that span several notes instead of marking just a single note, and asks whether all notes in the marker should be marked as opens. This prompt is necessary because if all notes in the marker are converted into open notes, it removes the ability to have an open note sustain over non open notes.

*Fixed a rendering bug where if a background image is being used, but it is smaller than the program window, the space surrounding the background image isn't erased before each frame is drawn.

*Changed the "Edit pro guitar note" dialog so that if any strings are marked as unmuted, that the string mute status is removed, reflecting the logic enforced elsewhere in the program (such as the "Edit note frets/fingering" dialog).

*Added a "FoFLC export w/o pitch shifts" checkbox in Song>Properties that will influence the lyric export by suppressing the pitch shifts (absorbed into the preceding lyric).

*Changed the MIDI export of SP, solo, trill, tremolo and slider phrases so that their end positions are not quantized, which could lead to a result where the phrase ends at the same position at which the last note in the phrase begins. This was reportedly not handled gracefully in Clone Hero.

*Added a %SEEK_SP_STATUS% expansion macro that displays the start and end timestamps of whichever star power phrase the seek position is in, if any.

• Like 1

1. You have to mark a note as a cymbal before you can apply cymbal+tom status. Please let me know if that does not work.

2. You can make your own PCX file if you want. EOF hotfixes come with the grabber command line utility, use:

grabber eof.dat
And you can "grab" (extract) one of the note_*_cymbal.pcx files by right clicking, selecting grab and specifying a place to save it. The images in question are 8 bit 48x48 PCX files, but you may be able to use a higher color depth or resolution, with the understanding that it may not immediately work well in EOF without me adding more handling for user-supplied images.

So I did the testing once again for the BlueCymbal+Tom note and still doesn't work for me. I'll link 2 pics for you to see that I'm doing it as supposed to be (or that I think) https://imgur.com/a/7jKq8hv

I'll investigate on that PCX thing, but if I decided to change it, the color won't change in Phase Shift, right?

First I think you should confirm that formally saving the chart and then manually starting Phase Shift to play the chart shows that the correct cymbal+tom notation is displaying.

If it does, then the problem is probably that Phase Shift is not correctly handling the chart being launched over the command line.

If it does not, then try importing the MIDI EOF created back into EOF to see if the cymbal+tom status shows up appropriately for the correct notes. If it does, then the problem is probably with Phase Shift and not EOF. Otherwise please send me the EOF project file so I can test with it.

About the graphics thing, it would only affect the display of the notes in the 3D preview panel in EOF. It would not change how it displays in Phase Shift, although I think you might be able to make a mod/theme for that game, but I don't know anything about how to do that.

Hi, I have been trying to download the file from Mediafire, But the website tell me Something appears to be missing.. 
I cannot download the file, because it cant find it.. 
Any idea? Im using PC Win 10, Tried with both Chrome & IE. None of them works with the link. 

Does this latest EOF work with Guitar Pro 7.5? When I try to upload Guitar Pro Tab 7 tabs to EOF, EOF doesn't see the file. If  I download a guitar pro tab  from version 3 thru 6, EOF will see it. But when I use Guitar PRo 7 to clean up the file and correct the tempo, EOF doesn't recognize it. Am I doing something wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Does EOF happen to have the ability unpackage and convert psarc files from Rocksmith into a format that is setup and ready to use in Go Playalong (i.e. a backwards conversion)?

I am looking to be able to automatically convert all of my CDLC and ODLC Rocksmith songs into a format that is plug and play with GPA (i.e. tabs perfectly synced with the audio track (thanks to all of the great work from the CDLC creators) and with all of the proper files and formats that GPA needs to have a complete product that is ready to use). This seems theoretically possible given that EOF can convert the opposite direction (GPA to RS) so the reverse direction should seemingly not be an insurmountable challenge, but I know nothing about coding.

If this is currently not a feature but it is theoretically possible, please consider this a feature request.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (12-12-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added functions to seek to the previous/next time signature changes, which are assigned the ALT+Pg Dn and ALT+Pg Up keyboard shortcuts, respectively.

*Updated MIDI export of legacy and vocal tracks to use the manually given name (applied with Track>Rename) for all tracks, regardless of the track's format (ie. normal vs. GHL mode). This should make it a little easier to author a different harmony part in different projects and merge them into one MIDI file outside of EOF.

*Added a "Note>Slider>Copy from" menu that will allow slider phrases to be copied from another track.

*Fixed a bug with INI export where if any tags contained Unicode characters, the file would be written incompletely.

*Added the ability to mark expert difficulty drum notes as flams (Note>Drum>Flam), for potential future use in Clone Hero or Strikeline. The SHIFT+F shortcut was assigned to Note>Drum>Flam>Toggle. If a guitar pro track is being imported as a percussion track, EOF will offer to treat a grace note that precedes a drum note as a flam drum marker for the later note.

*Added logic to prevent cloning between dance and non dance tracks, since the dance track cannot increase its lane count.

*Improved MIDI import to ignore open strum Sysex markers in the dance track, which are not valid.

*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where files containing an SMPTE Offset meta event would not be handled correctly.

*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where in some cases, RB3 tracks (ie. pro keys, harmonies) that aren't directly supported in EOF weren't offered to be stored in the project as raw MIDI data.

*Added additional error logging to MIDI export.

*Added functions to move selected notes forward or backward by one millisecond at a time, by using CTRL+] or CTRL+[ respectively when grid snap is disabled (at which time the "Note>Grid snap" menu will be replaced with a "Note>Move by millisecond" menu to make the functions visible).

*Fixed a bug where a fret hand position did not automatically reposition correctly when the note at its position is moved earlier than notes in a lower difficulty.

*Added additional error checking and logging for the creation of the config file (eof.cfg) during exit.

*Adds a warning at the end of MIDI/Feedback import if there were beats that were inserted and not deleted to store mid-beat tempo/TS changes in the imported file, alerting the author to the need to make corrections to the beats or time signatures.

*Fixed a bug with Feedback import where text events could be assigned to the incorrect beat marker if the chart contained non #/4 time signatures.

*Removed old Frets on Fire related warnings about the chart audio's sample rate and channel count, since most if not all EOF users have moved on to authoring for other rhythm games by now.

*Disabled the ability to toggle an anchor off if the beat's tempo changes and would automatically have the anchor re-added later by other logic.

*Greatly improved the efficiency of processing beat information, especially where displaying the secondary piano roll on a large chart with many text events.

*Fixed a bug where unsnapped notes would be highlighted in a few scenarios even when that feature was not enabled.

*Renamed the "Create image sequence" function to "Export image sequence" and moved it to the File menu with the other export functions.

*Added a "Song>Place floating event" function allowing a text event to be placed at an arbitrary millisecond position (the function defaults the event's time to the current seek position) instead of being assigned to a beat marker. For now, if a floating text event exists at the current seek position when the function is used, the existing event is edited instead of a new event being placed. These events will display at the top of the piano roll with a red background (if the "top of 2d pane shows" preference is set to display sections) and appear with an "f" indicator in the "All events" dialog. GH, Feedback and MIDI imports were updated to be able to handle floating text events.

*Changed MIDI export to allow the normal notes.mid (which isn't required to be Rock Band standards compliant) to have tom markers in difficulties other than expert (ie. a tom note in hard that doesn't exist in expert).

I noticed that importing tabs (from gp5) with turnings below -12 steps that they are off by an octave. A tuning with a -13 string loops back to -1, and a -25 (done for testing purposes) goes back to a -1 too . So drop E (-12,-10,-10,-10,-10,-10) imports as (0,-10,-10,-10,-10,-10).

Also if you have a 6 string/bass track and a 7 string track in the same tab, click drop thinnest and then import a 6 string/bass track it will have the wrong tuning when it should not be affected by this choice. Click drop thickest and it works fine. With this issue Drop E (-12,-10,10,10,10,10) imports as (-4,-5,-3,-3,-2,-3), idk what happens with that one

Tested on latest hotfix too (12-12-2019), still happens.

Tab used for testing (but its not too hard to make your own lol)

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

That is Apple's fault. They intentionally chose to disable the ability to run all 32 bit software in Catalina. Some people are trying to get EOF to build in OS X as 64 bit, but unless that works, there will be no workarounds other than virtualization or simply keeping an older OS X around to use.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting this warning when I save an EOF project since the latest hot fix \/

--Warning (RS): At least one track difficulty has no fret hand positions defined. They will be created automatically.--

It's always for the track I'm working on. I try deleting the FHPs and making them again (plus, I verify them with the "check fret hand positions" option), but I still get the error. It only disappears if I select "generate all differences" in the menu. 

I also get this error when I load up projects from previous hot fixes \/

--Error: Default RS sections that were added are missing. Skipping writing the <sections> tag.--

I have to clear all events and redo them to cancel the error.

These aren't major gripes. I Just wanted to give some "helpful" feedback. Thanks for all you do.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (1-14-2020) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Added "Edit timing" functions to the "Note>Lyric>Lyric lines>", "Note>Solos>", "Note>Star Power", "Note>Trill>", "Note>Tremolo>", "Note>Slider>", "Note>Pro guitar>Arpeggio>" and "Note>Rocksmith>Handshape>" menus that allow the timing of the phrase (determined by the last clicked note/lyric) to be manually changed without having to manipulate note/lyric lengths and re-marking the phrase.
*Fixed a bug with the previous hotfix where tom markers were allowed to write for the BRE difficulty, which could cause the normal drum notes to incorrectly export as toms.
*Added error detection to the creation of undo/redo files.
*Changed Feedback import so that notes are always padded to a minimum of 1ms length during the import instead of afterward, to better ensure slider phrases export to MIDI in a way that is supported by differing rhythm games.
*Added macros to display the start and end timestamps of whichever lyric line, slider phrase, star power, solo, trill, trmolo, special drum roll, drum roll, arpeggio or handshape phrase phrase the seek position is in, if any.  The Clone Hero panel was updated with these.
*Fixed a bug with Feedback import where if the chart file specified an MP3 file for the audio, and it was converted to OGG, EOF wouldn't try to open the converted file and the import would fail.
*Fixed an issue with Queen Bee import of beat timings where the tempos weren't displayed above the beat markers immediately after the import, requiring some action such as changing the active track.
*Updated Queen Bee imports to support section names (one or more sections each defined as the timestamp on one line and the name defined on the next line).
*Updated INI export to warn if a GHL track's difficulty is being overridden by a manually defined INI tag in "Song>INI Settings".
*Fixed an RS export bug introduced from the 12-6-2019 hotfix that prevented sections from exporting.
*Improved the warning during RS export when a populated track difficulty has no fret hand positions by having it cite the name of one of the tracks missing definitions.

• Like 2

I didn't write the spectrogram code, but it was largely written similarly in design as my waveform graph code.  Does it crash when rendering the waveform?  Did you have another Linux computer on which the spectrogram does not crash?  Does it crash regardless of which OGG file you're using as the chart audio?  Can you provide the EOF log file as it is immediately after the crash occurs?