Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Your chord shape entry is similar to the standard "Em7" entry:

The reason I defined the finger used for this as the middle finger is because if it uses the index finger, it would force the hand shape to agree with the index finger usage every time this chord shape was matched (ie. any double stop where one string was played open). However, defining the chord shape this way specifically also causes an issue where EOF will try to apply that chord shape to single notes (since the chord shape only has one fretted note). I'm going to alter the automated fret hand position generation to avoid doing this. Until then, using the original chord shapes should avoid this problem.

Edit: Fixed. Now even with your example chord shape entry, it doesn't force a FHP change at each single note.

excellent, thanks.

Tapping sections often span more than 4 frets which causes EOF to place more changes, and which is why you'll have to manually edit the fret hand positions for tapping sections.

Can i mix the auto generated FH positions with manual FH position? Like i only place during the tapping saction FH positions but when i save every the other position gets auto filled?

Do you need from me for the blue walls during tapping more testing?

Can i mix the auto generated FH positions with manual FH position? Like i only place during the tapping saction FH positions but when i save every the other position gets auto filled?

There's no way to accomplish this specifically, EOF assumes that if a track has FHPs defined already, that the author has a plan and that track doesn't need to have any generated. What you can do though is have EOF generate the FHPs, and then alter them to your liking (ie. in the area that is going to have a tapping phrase).

Do you need from me for the blue walls during tapping more testing?

I think I know enough about the issue that I can come up with a solution, I just haven't spent the time to program it yet.

@@raynebc

Can you explain why it´s important to mantain the time signatures when charting or importing a GP file ?

And in the other hand...

Too many people are syncing his customs moving notes and not beat markers in EOF, or moving the beats but not adusting the notes to the beats, there´s an option in "preferences " where you mark "note -autoadjust" and when moving the beats the notes auto adjust. Maybe they don´t understand the importance or they don´t know about this feature. Maybe if you explain a little about this they will considerate.

Too me ,,In fact it´s much easier sync with markers and notes in the beats , also when working in this way you obtain a perfect tempo map for the song , and if for example there´s an update or you find a more acuratte GP file you only will have to import the file and it will fall and in his place. The tempo map then is the same to add bass or extra arrangements .

To me it has no sense to sync all arrangements one by one . In the image you can see how the bmp had been changed and the notes seems in sync ,, but they are not in the markers.

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/8828410captura1.jpg

Maybe there should be a dialogue that pops up when you try to import a GP file. Something like:

"Warning: For best results, create a beatmap BEFORE importing/arranging notes. For information on creating a beatmap, see: (link to information)"

With an OK and Don't Show This Again option to close the dialogue.

Can you explain why it´s important to mantain the time signatures when charting or importing a GP file ?

It's not necessary at all, but it's possible that the beat line coloring in-game reflects which beat in the measure it is (ie. the first beat in each measure may be brighter or something). And some people like being able to compare EOF and tablature side by side so it can be helpful for the measure numbering to be the same. 

Too many people are syncing his customs moving notes and not beat markers in EOF, or moving the beats but not adusting the notes to the beats, there´s an option in "preferences " where you mark "note -autoadjust" and when moving the beats the notes auto adjust. Maybe they don´t understand the importance or they don´t know about this feature. Maybe if you explain a little about this they will considerate.

The auto adjust preference is on by default so somebody would have to go out of their way to disable it. All tutorials should recommend moving beat lines to sync tablature, and whenever I see otherwise I make that suggestion. EOF's documentation also recommends this approach. 

Maybe there should be a dialogue that pops up when you try to import a GP file. Something like:"Warning: For best results, create a beatmap BEFORE importing/arranging notes. For information on creating a beatmap, see: (link to information)"

Some people prefer to sync the beat markers after importing the tablature, and in some cases that can actually be easier than syncing before (ie. you won't have to re-align the imported notes to suit your beat map, you're aligning the beat map to suit the imported notes). As long as individual notes aren't auto-adjusted several times during the syncing process, they shouldn't stray more than 1ms or so from their imported grid snap positions.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1324) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved fret hand position generation so that a user-defined chord shape entry cannot force fret hand position changes to occur on single notes.

*Fixed a bug with the Song Properties dialog where the loading text preview didn't update when typing into the loading text field.

*Scanned EOF's code with Coverity and made various changes to resolve issues it identified. Various possible buffer overflows, out of bounds accesses, resource leaks and other bugs have been fixed.

*Changed the behavior of the "Erase overlapped pasted notes" preference so that only notes that start within the pasted notes' range are deleted.

*Fixed a bug where the Song>Seek>Bookmark menu was always disabled.

*Added support for the unofficial "N 5 #" forced HOPO notation to Feedback import.

*Added a check so that if EOF is unable to delete the Rocksmith WAV file after relevant chart modifications, a warning is displayed.

*Improved the grid lines feature so that if a note is not at a grid snap position based on the current grid snap setting, the note's line is drawn in red instead of gray, making it obvious when a note doesn't line up a grid line.

*Added a function (Track>Highlight non grid snapped notes) that will highlight any note that isn't on any grid snap position, indicating it may need to be manually moved/resnapped. If a custom grid snap value is in effect, its positions are also checked.

• Like 1

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1324) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:*Added a function (Track>Highlight non grid snapped notes) that will highlight any note that isn't on any grid snap position, indicating it may need to be manually moved/resnapped. If a custom grid snap value is in effect, its positions are also checked.

I tried it and it works partially well, after using it EOF does show me the notes with yellow lines but after i resnap they stay yellow.

After saving, closing EOF and starting it again it still does show me those notes with yellow lines.

should the yellow lines not go away after resnapping and using the Highlight non grid snapped notes again?

I also tried it with a new fresh project and just pasted a few notes and moved the beatlines till the notes bounced off the grid but its still the same, the yellow lines dont go away even ater using the "Highlight non grip snapped notes" again.

still the direction of this feature looks good and should help a lot.

Edit: funny thing, i rolled back to the previous revision r1314 and the yellow lines are still there

The newest update seems to make the high E string disappear.

yep for me too

Wow, I almost had a heart attack  when all my high E string notes disappeared in final testing once I upgraded EoF.... only to realize it was just bug. Then I immediately checked the date to see if it was an April Fools prank by raynebc.... I guess it was inadvertent. :) Though I bet it still exports fine since the vertical lines are still present.

Great new features raynebc! Especially the non-grid snap highlight!! THANK-YOU!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

I tried it and it works partially well, after using it EOF does show me the notes with yellow lines but after i resnap they stay yellow.

I'd have to have a project file demonstrating this. Keep in mind that the grid lines will always display as long as the feature is on, regardless of where notes are. The highlight feature is different.I'm going to remove the links for this hotfix since the missing lane is kind of a big problem.

I'd have to have a project file demonstrating this. Keep in mind that the grid lines will always display as long as the feature is on, regardless of where notes are. The highlight feature is different.I'm going to remove the links for this hotfix since the missing lane is kind of a big problem.

How do i deactivate the feature? the option does not get a hook if its activated. It looks to me like its always activated once activated for the first time. If i select the feature again for a second time nothing happens and it stays activated.

Here is a test project that i created

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3xso9c

Here is a full project that needs to be resnapped on the REAL_GUITAR track

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6d9jru

You can remove the highlighting for all notes in the active track using the "Track>Erase highlighting" function, then you can try the function again. The function only adds highlighting, it doesn't replace highlighting. I considered doing that, but I didn't want one check to automatically remove another check's highlighting in case the author wasn't done working with the highlighted notes yet. Do you guys think it should automatically remove existing highlighting? Should it ask whether or not to do so?

In my opinion, letting the user choose is always better than forcing it one way or another.

Anyway, got a question. I noticed that importing guitar pro files with a 7/8 time signature is still not great, aka it still handles it like 3/4 or 4/4 signature. Is there anything you can do to fix that? Right now I'm multiplying the BPM for any 7/8 part by 1.75 and this works well enough, but not always.

I checked it out and I don't see that it's importing them incorrectly. Only the "Guitar 1" and the "Bass" tracks reach the 7/8 time signature changes (at measures 123 and 147) and they import with the correct length (in 7/8 meter, each of the quarter notes is two beats long, and the dotted quarter note is three beats long). If you were expecting EOF to automatically resize beats during GP import, it was never designed or intended to do that so it doesn't, you still have to manipulate beat lengths yourself. If you are importing a Go PlayAlong file, which does define beat timings, EOF will alter the beat map accordingly.

If you were expecting EOF to automatically resize beats during GP import, it was never designed or intended to do that so it doesn't, you still have to manipulate beat lengths yourself.

I guess I was expecting it to do that. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.