Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

By "main beat", do you mean the first beat of a measure, or the downbeat (ie. first and third beats in a typical 4/4 measure: downbeat, upbeat, downbeat, upbeat)? It seems like such a function would have to anchor all beats (so that none of the desired beats lose their position), then delete anchors from all appropriate beats. Is that right?

Yes, only the first beat of each measure should have an anchor.

For this new function, the process should be :

- put an anchor on the first beat of all measures

- remove all anchors on secondary beats 

- redistribute the secondary beats and the notes inside their measure (the same way EOF does when I move the main beat of a measure)

For the moment, I do it manually for all measures.

As an example, here is the situation after importing the GPA tab :

Picture n°1

After managing the anchors :

Picture n°2

On my Mac:

$ ./eof 
2018-04-30 19:59:54.313 eof[1176:35048] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Bus error: 10

High Sierra 10.13.4

I've noted Jack Server and XQuartz are requirements.

Yeah, High Sierra has definitely broken EOF’s compatibility. And to tell which versions of which it broke, it will probably being since the first release of High Sierra. Since it runs on Allegro 4, which I think it runs up until High Sierra, I don’t think EOF will be updated to Allegro 5 to be compatible with High Sierra. Even newer versions of EOF still won’t work. I created a port of Windows version today. Still opens perfectly, and all the functions seem to work. The only problems are is when scrolling through menus or selecting, the processing is slow and it takes time for everything to show up. And another problem is you can’t open notes.eof with a wine application, you will get an error saying something like unable to find Windows program. So, I don’t know if EOF will ever be compatible with High Sierra or any future MacOS versions, but I hope they will find fix. And idk if I should release a wine port of EOF temporarily, until they figure out something.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

It is possible. I used Porting Kit which is like Wineskin Winery but with more features. It opens up, but the processing is slow. Like scrolling through menus or typing something in EOF is really slow. So, it pretty much fits in the runs-badly catagory.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (5-8-2018) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Changed the Information panel to be defined with Notes panel macros as an info.panel.txt file in EOF's program folder. It is now user-editable (just as with the Notes panel, alter in a text editor, save in Windows CRLF line ending format) and is displayed nearly identically to the original Information panel. Hide the Information panel (either press CTRL+I or check box in File>Preferences>Preferences) and unhide it (or re-open EOF) to reload any changes made to the text file.

*Added a "Disable automatic backups" preference that will prevent creation of .eof.bak files (created during undo and save operations) and .backup files (created during MIDI/GH/Feedback import). Creation of .ogg.backup files created by adding leading silence is not prevented because it is required in order to be able to undo that operation.

*Improved the "Estimate BPM" function to offer to estimate the tempo of just the part of the chart audio between the start and end markers if those markers are defined. If the start marker is at a beat position, the function will offer to apply the estimated tempo to that beat instead of the first beat.

*Improved the "Set display width" function to display the current width.

*Added a "New notes are force strum" preference that will automatically apply forced HOPO off status for new notes, for Clone Hero authoring.

*Added a "File>Display>Notes panel" menu which allows the Notes panel to display one of the built-in panels or a user-specified one. The panel files that are included with EOF will all use the recommended .panel.txt extension, which the Notes panel browse function will filter by. The default notes.txt file was renamed notes.panel.txt accordingly and it lists instructions for selecting/customizing panels. The built-in panels are stored in eof.dat and are recovered from it if the file is missing, so they can can be customized without worry that they could be corrupted (ie. just delete/rename it and re-open the panel in order for it to be reset to default content). The note shortcuts were moved to a note_controls.panel.txt file and will now hide controls that aren't relevant to the active track. The CTRL+P shortcut has been remapped to "File>Display>Notes panel>Enable" since old paste is rarely needed. The P edit menu hotkey was moved to old paste to make it easily usable with 3 keystrokes.

*Improved the conditional select/deselect functions to have cymbal checkboxes if the drum track is active, allowing better flexibility to apply to notes that have both a tom and a cymbal, or have either a tom or cymbal on a particular lane.

*Added a "File>Export audio range" function that behaves similarly to "Export time range" but just exports the specified amount of audio instead of creating a separate project. "File>Export time range" was renamed to "Export chart range" to differentiate it from this new function.

*Improved the export chart range function by having it delete the temporary WAV file used to create the OGG file.

*Added a "Beat>Anchor measures" function that alters beats that have a time signature in effect by anchoring the first beat in each measure to its current position and deleting the anchors from the other beats. If the note auto-adjust preference is enabled, the notes are adjusted accordingly to keep their positions within their respective beats. "Beat>Copy Events" and "Beat>Paste Events" were moved into Beat>Events to make room in the Beats menu.

*Improved the "Beat>Delete anchor" function to respect the note auto-adjust preference.

*Changed the default difficulty naming to Guitar Hero/Rock Band scheme (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert). The new "Use FoF difficulty naming" preference can be enabled if you want to change back to EOF's original difficulty naming.

*Improved the piano roll to display the letter h below a 5 or 6 button guitar/bass note if it is a forced HOPO, or to display (h) beneath the guitar/bass note if it is determined to be a automatic HOPO based on the current "Edit>Preview HOPO" setting.

*Resolved anchor creation errors that could occur if the secondary piano roll is active during Rocksmith export.

*Changed the lane order of GHL mode so that it matches Moonscraper (1=B1,2=B2,3=B3,4=W1,5=W2,6=W3).

*Created a "Note>GHL" menu, moved "Convert GHL open" (which has been assigned the CTRL+G shortcut when a GHL track is active) to it and added a new "Swap B/W gems" function that will swap the black/white coloring for all selected GHL notes (ie. a B1W2 chord will become a W1B2 chord).

*Corrected the editor logic that toggles open strum notes for existing notes.

*Added a large number of Notes panel macros, each of which are defined in the macros.htm documentation file and most of which are exemplified in the built-in Notes panels.

*Fixed a bug where cloning a six lane legacy guitar track to the keys track would properly retain the correct lane count of 5 and wouldn't apply crazy status as is required for keys notes.

*Added a note_counts Notes panel that displays the number of single gem notes, 2 note chords, 3 note chords, 4 note chords, 5 note chords, 6 note chords and open notes along with a list of every possible note and chord (every gem combination) and the number of instances of each in the active track difficulty. If a 4, 5 or 6 gem chord is present in a non pro guitar track, that count is drawn with a red background to warn the author that using such chords is considered a bad charting practice. If a 3 gem chord is present in an easy or medium difficulty, that count is drawn with a red background to warn the author that it's not recommended to use such hard chords in these lower difficulties. For the vocal track, display information about how much of each type of lyric is present, and the number of lyrics there are of each supported pitch from C2 through C6. If a drum chord would require more than two hands to play, a warning is displayed about invalid chords. There isn't enough space to display all chord combinations for GHL and pro guitar modes unless window height is set to 600 or 768 in File>Display>Display. This new panel was added to eof.dat and added to the "File>Display>Notes panel" menu.

Open each of the built-in panels once to have them added to EOF's program folder, after which you can examine/edit them. A big change with this hotfix is the GHL mode lane ordering matches that of Moonscraper now. Make sure to disable the "GHL conversion swaps B/W gems" preference if you want non GHL lane 1 (ie. green) to correspond to GHL lane 1 (B1) when copy/pasting between GHL and non GHL tracks, or when converting to/from GHL format.

Edit: Let me know what kind of information you guys would want to be in a Rocksmith Notes panel, stuff like the active track's arrangement type, number of difficulties/sections/etc, whether FHPs have been manually defined, other points of CDLC readiness, and so on.

• Administrator

A lot of things to test out there. So far i still haven't found uses for the notes panel as i was bassically duplicating information from the information panel already existing but seems like with that update, i might actually find some uses to it though it will probably take some time to dig into the possibilities and to actually use them efficiently.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@raynebc The latest update seemsto have broken a few things. Everytime i close the preferences menu, EOF crash and everytime i try to enter the tech note view, it crash too. It's a little bit unpractical as it is :D

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I can't reproduce either of those crashes. Does it happen on every chart you open or just a specific one? Do you have to change any preference settings for the crash to occur? Does the problem happen if you close EOF, temporarily rename your preferences (eof.cfg) and open EOF (it will recreate the file with all default settings)?

• Administrator

Well, the issue for the tech notes doesn't seem to be consistent so let's put this aside for now (aka it seems to work now...)

For the preferences :

"Does it happen on every chart you open or just a specific one?"

All chart. Note that if i don't open a chart and do open the preferences, EOF will crash as soon as i try to open any chart.

I've had it not happen maybe once or twice but never on a specific chart and everytime i tried to open and close the preferences, it crashed after.

"Do you have to change any preference settings for the crash to occur?"

Nop, either "cancel" or "ok" seems to provoke that behavior.

"Does the problem happen if you close EOF, temporarily rename your preferences (eof.cfg) and open EOF (it will recreate the file with all default settings)?"

Apparently that solved it so here is my actual config file :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJW7by3W95yTOkMHUZansSWWyovkJtSj/view?usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I couldn't get EOF to crash using your config file and opening and closing Preferences before or after loading a chart. Are you able to re-configure your preferences back to what you were using, does it cause the crash to resume happening? Can you provide the eof_log.txt file after opening EOF and reproducing the crash?

• Administrator

So i've gone with a clean config file, opened EOF, reset everything as it was and EOF crashed as soon as i tried to open a chart.

Here is the EOF log :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AhVLl_xaryE3_cVqzXBAnqgJS1cqaKjV/view?usp=sharing

And just in case, here is the chart :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dEgkiKG1038LLyRHunHwmyqkmbrHI3Et/view?usp=sharing

I don't have any config file in my EOF folder so my guess is that it was actually never saved.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

It weirdly took a bit longer to actually get a crash but i recorded it all :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zFsT5uwiBhRaBjJ4a0fm8VGUcIBmETM4/view?usp=sharing

Here is the log that goes with that session :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K7OY6HiipDouJ0f9YeoRYoYIXjiOKiZJ/view?usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

This one has a little more logging, if you can try to reproduce the crash:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/218

And here's a beta that was about half-way between the two hotfix releases, if you could test to see if the crash occurs (no logging needed for this test):

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/208