Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I was thinking about how to implement the solo phrase option and was going to just make it a checkbox in the dialog where you define an RS phrase, but "solo" is an attribute that applies to all instances of any particular phrase. I can either have EOF add/remove this solo property to all instances of a phrase when it is added to any instance or we can have it managed somewhere else, such as in the "Manage RS phrases" dialog (which is much more out of the way and I'd figure not very likely to get many peoples' attention). Let me know what you think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (7-25-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added a "GHL conversion swaps B/W gems" preference that will affect conversion of GHL-mode notes to non-GHL notes (when toggling GHL mode or copying/pasting between tracks) by causing lanes 1-3 to map to the black GHL gems (instead of the white gems), lanes 4-5 to map to white GHL gems (instead of black gems) and a lower 5 lane chord to map to the white 3 GHL gem (instead of the black 3 gem).

*Fixed a minor bug with the rubberband benchmark function where the completion percentage wouldn't correctly restart from 0% when used multiple times in an EOF session.

*Improved "Beat>Paste events" to warn when attempting to paste any track-specific Rocksmith phrases/sections/events into a non pro guitar track, and to skip pasting such events.

*Added the ability to define a Rocksmith phrase as a "Rocksmith solo phrase", statistics for which Rocksmith will specially report as "solo mastery". The way Rocksmith denotes this in the XML requires that all instances of a particular phrase name are all solos or not solos, so when one phrase is added or edited, EOF will edit the solo status of other matching phrases accordingly.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer
EOF warns that the characters ( ) , in chord names can cause the game to crash, when in fact they can be used. 

Parentheses are used occasionally in ODLC, but the comma doesn't seem to appear in any DLC I own. The only instance of it I can find is in "RS2 Chord Name Stress" that has chord names like "A7(b5.b9)" and "C7(#5.b9)" (. and , will both produce a comma in the game).

This is the texture used for the chord names:

http://i.imgur.com/acyxP1e.png

Another thing, by default EOF names minor chords as "...min", whereas the game uses "...m". They will be displayed as "...m" during the song since there is no "in" in the above texture. But if you look at the chords of a song the name will be "...min":

http://i.imgur.com/hwT6DDr.jpg

Also pictured is a chord named "Gm&$".  ;)

Do any toolkit developers have concerns about me trying to allow parentheses in chord names? Even if strange chord names are allowed, for now I'd prefer to play it safe and just allow the characters that are expected to be used in normal scenarios.

• Like 1

• Developer

Do any toolkit developers have concerns about me trying to allow parentheses in chord names? Even if strange chord names are allowed, for now I'd prefer to play it safe and just allow the characters that are expected to be used in normal scenarios.

Looks like @@iminashi has investigated this for us.  Thanks to him.  The referenced texture mapping seems reasonable.  We will have to try these characters and test for in game issues; though I don't anticipate any.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Is it possible to make in EOF than when you copy handshape phrases and paste it, the length of the phrase is not interrupted by the last note of the phrase? (instead its actual length). This will be very helpful because every time i paste a repeate phrase i must modify its length.

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

Is it possible to make in EOF than when you copy handshape phrases and paste it, the length of the phrase is not interrupted by the last note of the phrase? (instead its actual length). This will be very helpful because every time i paste a repeate phrase i must modify its length.

Hi Smells. Easy workaround. Place ghost note where you intend handshape to end. Create handshake marking. Optionally remove ghost note. IPhone requires me pressing somewhere in the vicinity of the thanks button to show edit label... that's why I am thanking you .... ?

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Bit deep for me, but I would like "Rock C" to have a default fingering...

Done.

Looks like @@iminashi has investigated this for us. Thanks to him. The referenced texture mapping seems reasonable. We will have to try these characters and test for in game issues; though I don't anticipate any.

I'll look into making this change.

I'll see if there's a good way for me to do this. Until then, Berneer's workaround is probably the best way to go.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (9-8-2017) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Added additional entries to the "Add Rocksmith event" dialog.

*Added a "Track>Rocksmith>Bonus arrangement" function allowing a pro guitar/bass track to be specified as being a bonus arrangement for Rocksmith 2014.

*Fixed a crash that could occur in "Beat>Anchor beat" when modifying the last beat in a project.

*Improved the "Anchor beat" function to offer to perform auto-adjust logic on the affected beats.

*Added a chord shape definition for "Rock C".

*Added a check during save that will warn if a note has more than 32 bend tech notes, which will cause Rocksmith to crash.

• Like 6

• Developer

http://i.imgur.com/lh3yRhk.png

This is not exported into the XML properly.

<chord time="16.998" chordId="3" >
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="1" fret="5" sustain="1.000" linkNext="1" leftHand="1" />
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="2" fret="7" leftHand="3" />
  <chordNote time="16.998" string="3" fret="7" leftHand="4" />
</chord>

The chord should also have linkNext="1" instead of just the chordNote. 

• Developer

Chords and linknext are a bit of a special case, I guess. In official content, chords that have any chordnotes with linknext always have linknext too.

Besides, the current implementation in the toolkit only checks if the chord itself has linknext.

I would disable linknext tech notes then...

Apply it to the whole chord or not at all.  That makes the most sense to me, unless there are Ubi examples where specific strings need linknext when others do not.

I've always found it quite clean to apply linknext to the whole chord and only have one or two slides (unpitched or otherwise) from certain strings afterwards.

There was an example of different end fret locations for slides on different strings from the same chord, but that had nothing to do with linknext it was just slide tech notes.

Can someone help me? EOF was working fine an hour ago, until it started saying that it couldn't load because of "bad image", so I deleted the program and downloaded it again, which didn't fix it. So I restored my computer to a point 2 days ago where it was working and now when I try to load it it says "could not load font". What do I do?