Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@raynebc Hi again! i'm really glad about the new features. I've made a custom in which i used handshapes and finally now the chord label of the first chord keeps all along the rail (even when there're different chords inside). That's great! In previous version of EOF when a chord appeared you could choose if you want to show it or not (using "crazy" status). Now that's by default and every chord that appears will be show up. This really ruin the display cause when the same chord repeats after single notes during a handshape phrase i only want to see the box. It will be possible not to show the chords during a handshape phrase unless it has "crazy" status?

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

• Developer

@raynebc  Tookit is using UTF-8 for vocals xml.  If EOF is using Windows-1252 do you think toolkit should have/needs a Windows-1252 to UTF-8 converter for vocals.xml.  Presently there is no conversion and I have not seen any issues.  What do you think?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@SmellsLikeMonkey If you mean chords inside of handshape tags aren't automatically broken up into single notes like they would be in arpeggios, it's been that way for a while.  If you apply "split" status to the chords in the handshape, does that achieve the effect you want?

@@cozy1 The "normal" RS vocal file EOF is creating is encoded as UTF-8 (extended ASCII characters are written as multiple byte Unicode characters).  An additional "RS2_EXT.xml" vocal file gets written in Windows-1252 encoding (extended ASCII characters are written as a single byte each) in case the author has any use for it.  Each XML file indicates the correct encoding in the "xml" tag though, the file I/O libraries the toolkit uses might honor that information, but I don't know if that's the case.

@@raynebc the handshapes works perfectly, the only problem now is that when a "new" chord appears in the phrase, it will be show up. I can't control that. This is a playthrough video i made, look at the minute 0:29

As you can see, after the single note on the E string, the G7/F shows up with all the gems. I just want to see the repetition box. In other examples is more notorious and the display is more annoying. Is really common to hold a position and alternate single notes and strumming, like this:

e|--------------------------------|

B|--------------------------------|

G|-------------------------------|

D|---5------5------5-------5---|

A|---5------5------5-------5---|

E|---3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3----|

Now is impossible to do this without showing all the gems of the G5 chord

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

If you apply "hi dens" status to that G7/F, or extend a handshape phrase over that entire section I think you'll end up with what you're wanting.

Now it works! thanks a lot! the handshape phrase was already extended, but i didn't know the function of the "hi dens" status. It forces the chord to show it only as an empty box right?

80C651DEE.png

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (4-17-2017) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Improved the "Repair grid snap" function to check the active track's notes and display by how many milliseconds the most out of grid snap note is before any alterations are performed, allowing a way to judge note sync.  This millisecond value is the number that would allow the function to repair the grid snap of all notes in the track.
*Improved the Information Panel to indicate when the track's tuning is not reflected (Track>Pro guitar>Ignore tuning/capo) for the selected chord's automatic name lookup.
*Changed the tuning handling to allow tunings more than 11 half steps from standard, for use with Rocksmith 2014.  Phase Shift, Rock Band 3, Rocksmith 2011 and Bandfuse aren't expected to support this so their exports will have the string tunings translated to fit within the allowed range of 0 to 11 half steps (ie. a tuning of 13 half steps above standard is instead exported as 1 half step), which should preserve chart functionality with those games.
*Changed RS exports to no longer automatically place an "intro" RS section, as it had been indicated this isn't required by Rocksmith 2014.
*Added "Tapping" to the list of usable Rocksmith section names.  This section is not a known supported section in Rocksmith 2011, so RS1 export will omit this section name wherever it is present.

If anybody tests in Rocksmith 2011 and finds that game does require an "intro" RS section, let me know.  I'd also be interested in knowing if the "noguitar" section should continue to be added automatically to the RS XML files if it isn't manually authored in the chart.

• Like 5

• Developer

I'd also be interested in knowing if the "noguitar" section should continue to be added automatically to the RS XML files if it isn't manually authored in the chart.

In ODLC the END phrase is accompanied by a noguitar section if that's what you mean. Speaking of which, EOF should probably place the END phrase on the first beat of a bar so that DDC won't move it.

I'm using this new version right now and i have this issue (it's the first time and i don't know how to solve this at the moment). When i select a note clicking on  the scroll wheel button, nothing happens. I need to transcribe manually a song.

And also when i launch eof: 

Warning: The abridged RS2 file export prference is enabled. XML files are only supported in Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit 2.8.2.0. Ensure you have a new enough toolkit or disable this option in File<Preferences>Import/Export

Thank you for your help. Cheers!

EDIT

actually i'm using an old version and is working pretty good but i would like to solve that issue anyway. Thank you.

Middle click should bring the the edit pro guitar note dialog if you're clicking on a note in a pro guitar/bass track. Let me know if that's not working for you.

About the warning, you can click the "Don't warn again" option if you are certain you have updated to version 2.8.2.0 or newer of the toolkit. Otherwise you should disable the "Abridged Rocksmith 2 export" option in File>Preferences>Import/Export.

Middle click should bring the the edit pro guitar note dialog if you're clicking on a note in a pro guitar/bass track. Let me know if that's not working for you.

About the warning, you can click the "Don't warn again" option if you are certain you have updated to version 2.8.2.0 or newer of the toolkit. Otherwise you should disable the "Abridged Rocksmith 2 export" option in File>Preferences>Import/Export.

Exactly, that's not working (pro guitar note dialog display doesn't appear) eof1.8RC12+hotfix 17/04 but the middle wheel seems  responsive to make a  sustain.

I'm trying to redownload again --> same bug

Well, at the moment i'm happy to complete the custom with the old one eof. Eventually i could wait for the new one or maybe i don't know, is possible to share an eof folder (without projects) so i can test it? It's ok, thanks for your help. Cheers! ^_^

The middle button click in that hotfix works for me, did it work for you in previous releases of EOF? Since the middle click logic hasn't changed anytime recently, I wonder if it's a problem with the mouse itself. Please verify your mouse is working by middle clicking in another program (ie. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer, each of which should turn the mouse pointer into a scroll function).

Middle click is not required to author, you can get to the same dialog by selecting it (left click) and pressing the N key.

In my memory I did create french accentued lyrics in RS1 but it was a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) So I can't assure you that it is working.

Anyway who is using RS1 anymore ? I think if something broke the user will tell you that it's not working anymore.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Hi raynebc,

What is the exact purpose of the "PART VOCALS_RS2_EXT.xml" file ?

For me, only the "PART VOCALS_RS2.xml" works fine with accented characters (RS2014, RST and text editors).

When I try to use the "_EXT" file, accented characters are not displayed in the game.

Thanks