Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

• Developer

Periods '.' do not seem to be used in lyrics either.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Does that mean XML escape sequences for the following characters aren't acceptable in lyrics?

} ,  \  : { "

These characters work in the game.

I am working on a testing file with all working characters in order to idenfity more precisely those that are not accepted.

The first list I gave you contain all raisonnable characters that lyrics should use...

• Developer

To quote myself:

This is the default font for the lyrics: http://i.imgur.com/jdTyZdK.png

So the characters that can be used are:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢¥¦§¨ª«°²³´¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÎÏÑÒÓÔÖØÙÚÛÜÞßàáâäåæçèéêëìíîïñòóôöøùúûüŒœŠšž„…€™␀★➨

That should be all of them, unless I've missed some. I tested them all in the game and, as expected, they work. To be able to use other extended characters, one would have to create a custom font.

• Like 1

• Developer

Well " obviously has to be converted, and ' doesn't have to be. About the others, I don't know if it is absolutely necessary convert them. The characters & < > probably aren't used in ODLC by the way.

Non-alphanumeric characters that definitely do appear in lyrics in ODLC include:

- ' , . ! ? " _ ( )

. , are generally not used, but they do appear.

_ is used in the RS1 DLC Nickelback - "How You Remind Me" and is obviously a mistake.

( ) only appear in the copyright notice at the end of Jimi Hendrix - "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)".

@@raynebc,

Here is my XML test file for extended ASCII characters in lyrics : PART VOCALS_RS2.xml

For each character it displays in the game the following informations :

- ASCII code

- the character itself

- [ND] tag if the character isn't displayed in the game (with no crash)

- [NV] tag if the character is special and hasn't a visible symbol

Only the characters with the [NV] tag are not included in the XML file because they may crash the game (not yet tested in a individual manner)

The few characters like &, <, " that have a specific meaning in the XML language are replaced in the file by their XML entity. 

Not sure where the right place to post this is (so ccing @@cozy1 and @@Alex360, but I'm having problem with adding an arrangement to the toolkit for a Vektor song (where they record in high F standard). If I try to add an arrangement in F tuning, it fails to load, giving this result. However, for the E standard version (I make a pitch shifted version of Vektor songs to make them more accessible for most people) everything works, and the only change made between the two is changing the tuning in EoF from all +1 to all 0 (no transposing done).

I also tested this on another song. XML loads fine in Eb, fails if I change the tuning to F (without transposing). Haven't tried editing the XML directly, so not sure if that will give a different result. I haven't tested yet either if this happens for most tunings including notes higher than 0 or maybe just this one.

Anyway, this folder contains the relevant stuff (if anything more is needed, let me know and I'll add it). Latest EoF Hotfix and latest beta release of the toolkit are used.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@cozy1 - Fixed the picture link (I think I copied it before imgur was ready and got the gobbledygood rather than the actual link). Regarding the files in the folder, I added the album info to the EoF files and updated them, added the FLead_RS2.xml generated directly from that, and the ELead_RS2.xml from that after generating a .psarc with it using the toolkit.

But I have to admit I don't really see why this would be particularly relevant, as the only difference between the EoF generated XMLs should have been the tuning. If this were the root of the problem, it seems to me like the toolkit should have rejected either neither or both, not accept one and reject the other.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@@albatross213 toolkit is fixed now and should handle F Standard tuning.  Next time, please post toolkit related questions in toolkit thread so that we don't hijack EOF thread. Thanks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer
A few observations:

1. If "Fingering checks include mutes" is on and there are muted chords with open strings, EOF will ask about applying fingerings every time you save.

2. "Tapping" should be added to the RS section list.

3. EOF gives a warning if there is no intro section and apparently creates one automatically. I don't know about RS1, but in RS2014 the first section doesn't have to be called "intro".

Examples from ODLC:

B'z - Easy Come, Easy Go!

1st section (Lead): hook

Extreme - Play With Me

1st section (Lead): riff

Jimi Hendrix - Bold As Love

1st section (Lead): verse

1st section (Bass): prechorus

1.  I've fixed this bug.

2.  The list of section names has stayed the same since RS1.  Can any toolkit developers confirm RS2 uses additional section names?  Are section names even required to conform to a list of known usable ones or is it expected any name (with valid ASCII characters) can be used?  Is Rocksmith 1 expected to only support the list of section names EOF offers?

3.  This type of issue had previously been discussed in this thread:

http://customsforge.com/topic/35155-are-count-and-end-phrases-needed-anymore/

Does the lack of having an empty section before the first playable note have a negative affect on the mastery graph in the same way that not having an empty phrase before the first playable note does?

• Developer

2. Can any toolkit developers confirm RS2 uses additional section names?  Are section names even required to conform to a list of known usable ones or is it expected any name (with valid ASCII characters) can be used?  Is Rocksmith 1 expected to only support the list of section names EOF offers?

3.  This type of issue had previously been discussed in this thread:

http://customsforge.com/topic/35155-are-count-and-end-phrases-needed-anymore/

Does the lack of having an empty section before the first playable note have a negative affect on the mastery graph in the same way that not having an empty phrase before the first playable note does?

I don't have a direct answer to your questions.  The section names in EOF seem to match up well with ODLC.  So maybe don't fix something that is not broken is the best answer.  Judging by the Section and Phrase names I have seen some charters use in CDLC, it doesn't seem like section or phrase names have to conform to naming standards as long as only alphanumeric ASCII are used..

I have experienced and diagnosed many in-game hangs and crashes, and have repaired many corrupted game saves caused by CDLC that had Section or Phrase names that contain special characters (non-alphanumeric ASCII) so it may be best to continue to stay away from allowing non-alphanumeric ASCII use.

• Developer

2. The section names need to conform to a list of specific names. "Tapping" seems to be the only new section since RS1.

It is already supported by the toolkit:

SectionUINames.Add("fadein", "$[34276] Fade In [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("fadeout", "$[34277] Fade Out [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("buildup", "$[34278] Buildup [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("chorus", "$[34279] Chorus [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("hook", "$[34280] Hook [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("head", "$[34281] Head [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("bridge", "$[34282] Bridge [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("ambient", "$[34283] Ambient [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("breakdown", "$[34284] Breakdown [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("interlude", "$[34285] Interlude [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("intro", "$[34286] Intro [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("melody", "$[34287] Melody [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("modbridge", "$[34288] Modulated Bridge [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("modchorus", "$[34289] Modulated Chorus [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("modverse", "$[34290] Modulated Verse [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("outro", "$[34291] Outro [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("postbrdg", "$[34292] Post Bridge [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("postchorus", "$[34293] Post Chorus [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("postvs", "$[34294] Post Verse [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("prebrdg", "$[34295] Pre Bridge [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("prechorus", "$[34296] Pre Chorus [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("preverse", "$[34297] Pre Verse [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("riff", "$[34298] Riff [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("rifff", "$[34298] Riff [1]"); //incorrect name in some adverse cases
                    SectionUINames.Add("silence", "$[34299] Silence [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("shifts", "$[34308] Shifts [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("slides", "$[35872] Slides [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("solo", "$[34300] Solo [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("tapping", "$[34305] Tapping [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("taps", "$[34313] Taps [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("transition", "$[34301] Transition [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("vamp", "$[34302] Vamp [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("variation", "$[34303] Variation [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("verse", "$[34304] Verse [1]");
                    SectionUINames.Add("noguitar", "$[6091] No Guitar [1]");

That list does have a few names that don't belong there: "shifts", "slides" and "taps". In the game data there is also a generic "Phrase" that looks like it does belong to the same list of section names, but it's apparently not used in official content so forget that I mentioned it.  :) "Tapping" however is used.

3. In ODLC there is an empty phrase ("countoff", "default" etc) without an accompanying section at the beginning. What I meant was that there doesn't have to be a section called "intro" anywhere in the arrangement.

Do any developers see a reason EOF shouldn't offer "tapping" as a section in its section list?  Is it expected a section in this name would malfunction in RS1?

I'll look into removing the requirement for an Intro section to be present.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (4-8-2017) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Fixed a bug where a Unicode encoded UltraStar file (which uses a mechanism called a Byte Order Mark) would fail to import.
*Added logic to save FFTW "wisdom" to file and re-load when EOF launches.  This will remove the delay that would occur the first time time stretch audio playback is started in each EOF session.
*Added a benchmark utility has been added to the "Edit>Playback rate" menu to measure time stretch playback performance.  The rubberband library was rebuilt for the Windows build with link time optimization.  Preliminary testing suggests time stretch playback performs 50% faster than before on my computer and should lag significantly less for most users.
*Fixed a bug with the "Fingering checks include mutes" preference handling that would cause a chord with a string muted open string to lose fingering during save.
*Added an "Allow RS2 extended ASCII lyrics" export preference that doesn't suppress various extended ASCII characters when the RS2 lyrics are written.  The characters that have been found to not work in Rocksmith 2014 are omitted to avoid problems.  The resulting lyrics file must be interpreted as windows-1252 encoding to display correctly in text editors.  Windows' notepad utility seems deficient in this task, but proper text editors like EditPad should be able to allow you to set that encoding interpretation.  Extended ASCII should import more reliably from lyric files, but EOF still probably won't display them in the editor.

• Like 4

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (4-13-2017) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:
*Greatly improved support for extended ASCII characters.  Missing extended ASCII glyphs have been added to EOF's font.  Extended ASCII in Windows-1252 encoded lyric files can be imported, and will be internally converted to and stored as Unicode so that it can be correctly displayed and edited within EOF.  If the "Allow RS2 extended ASCII lyrics" preference is enabled during save, the Rocksmith 2 lyric file will include the extended ASCII written in UTF-8 format (which should work in the RS toolkit) and an additional "RS2_EXT.xml" lyric file is written in Windows-1252 encoding.

• Like 4

For the folks that author with accented characters, let me know how it turns out.  One of the major differences between the normal lyric export and the extended ASCII one is that the latter is exported directly by EOF instead of being handled by FoFLC (FoF Lyric Converter, which doesn't support Unicode).  Consequently, post-processing type stuff like combining pitch shifts with other lyrics doesn't occur.  If testing shows a significant need for more handling, I can consider it, but I don't intend to replicate all of FoFLC's special lyric handling in EOF at this time.