Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

@@I)ark_Seph @@firekorn I've been messing with Mac OS X VM a bit lately and may have been able to create a working Mac build.  Please give it a try:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/153

This is just a zipped application bundle, I'm guessing you should be able to just unzip and use it as-is.  I haven't bothered to try to create a DMG file yet, but it seems like it wouldn't be complicated.  It also probably doesn't add much benefit apart from automatically adding it to the Applications folder.

I don't think the configuration file is being properly handled (won't retain your settings/preferences between launches).  I'll probably have to figure out what Mac-specific source code changes need to be made.

@@raynebc Thanks for the release! To make DMGs, open up Disk Utility and hit Create New Image. Select the EOF.app and save it somewhere. Once its done, drag the EOF.app into the image window. Also, it will be easier and convenient if you make a little alias of the Applications folder, drag it into the image window so people can simply install EOF.app just by dragging it into the Applications.

Few bugs that I report. It doesn't save anything when you try to set your preferences. You have to do it every time you open EOF.

Here is what happens when I try to set the display size.

http://i.imgur.com/5KX25u8.png

Then here is the second error that is pulled off, and when hitting "OK", it goes back to the default display size.

http://i.imgur.com/aqUgKou.png

Anyways, thanks for the release! :D

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Here's a new Mac build:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/155

It should fix the issue with preferences not saving, and also as a side effect setting the display size works.  There's possibly more stuff that's broken in Mac (let me know what you find) due to how differently it runs under the hood from Windows or even Linux.

@@raynebc Well, that fixed both of those problems. I should have told you this before releasing 3-15, but I'm in a rush right now.

When you set the path of song folder of where you want to save your CDLCs, it doesn't set it at all, instead it just makes it in the directory where EOF.app is installed no matter where if you set your song folder path or not. That's all I guess. Can't really test out more things since I got to get up early and work til 4 tomorrow.

I)ark_Seph's Customs

@@I)ark_Seph I can't reproduce that issue.  When I open a clean copy of EOF, the default song folder is within the application bundle.  I set it to a folder on my desktop, re-opened EOF, created a new song with the "Create new folder" option and that song folder was created within the folder on my desktop.

In the same EOF instance, I changed the song folder to be back in the EOF application bundle, and without closing EOF I created a new chart with the "Create new folder" option and it created the folder within the application bundle as expected.

The starting point of the folder browse dialog that is presented when you set your song folder reverts to the default path in the application bundle, seemingly every time it is launched.  It does not reflect the previously defined song folder.  The dialog start folder isn't ideal, but to me the feature seems to be working otherwise.  Please check whether the song folder is honored when you create a new project, and whether this dialog behavior was just misleading you.

@@raynebc, any input on why when I change spectrogram parameters and show\hide it It's still the same? even redraw didn't help
I think handler is missing for this case? I'm changing just note range(which could be a slider( but I need to go above spectrum to have nice wrapp t osee higs and lows at crossover ;) )

I did some quick testing and it seems to update any time I change any of the spectrogram configuration parameters. Just make sure the checkbox next to "note range" is checked or it will probably not redraw the graph to reflect the given range of pitches.

• Like 1

@@raynebc, missed that little bastard somehow >__
thanks It works  as intended, just noticed yesterday it didn't saved my changes so I guessed it was somehow related to cfg issues that was recently

@@raynebc I gotten to fiddeling around with (3-15-2017). Everything works like its expected. Preferences, display set, import/export, and everything else from the past hotfixes on windows. Even though you updated EOF ignition page for adding the latest build on mac, you didn't update the forum post about the new build. Thanks and time for release! :D

I)ark_Seph's Customs

• 2 weeks later...

File>Import>Lyric ought to do it.

It seems that EOF doesn't support accented characters anymore ?

I'm trying to define lyrics in french language and all accented characters are not saved in the result file.

If I add them by myself in the XML file they are displayed correctly in the game.

Any idea ?

Extended ASCII (ie. accented) characters are omitted from exported XML files, to ensure game stability.  It's been this way for a while now (just over a year).  In order to change this, I'd want assurances that multiple developers tested and confirmed extended ASCII is allowed in lyrics.

I have never had any issues with ASCII extended characters (at least for those commonly used in the French language).

A few years ago, I made several french CDLCs and they continue to work fine in the last releases of the game.

As an example, I have just tried with the following special characters at the beginning of the song : "æ ß Ø — ¼ © ® þ ÷".

Only some of them are displayed : "æ ß Ø ¼", and the CDLC works fine.

As a second try, I used the following sequence : "àáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõöùúûüýÿÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑ".

Here is the result in the game :

accented-characters.jpg

• Developer

This is the default font for the lyrics: http://i.imgur.com/jdTyZdK.png

So the characters that can be used are:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢¥¦§¨ª«°²³´¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÎÏÑÒÓÔÖØÙÚÛÜÞßàáâäåæçèéêëìíîïñòóôöøùúûüŒœŠšž„…€™␀★➨

@@iminashi - Would you expect this to be relevant for the toolkit develepors as well (regarding what can and can't be put into the Artist, Song title, and other similar slots)? If so, it might be worth bringing this to their attention.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!